“Mixed feelings”

Stratford Manor Hotel
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Mixed feelings”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Stayed for the weekend and although the hotel & rooms are very nice the public areas were quite cold especially the bar area. After ringing to book a table on fri night for dinner we were told that the restrurant was closed so would have to eat out. then rang back to say that there was alarge party in but a section would be divided off for residents. However on the night there was no large party in and only about 30 guests eating. We got differant stories from differant staff. Also something my wife ate upset her stomach, we reported it the morning after but have not heard back as yet.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 1, 2012

I attended a conference here, and thought the hotel was very nice. Good general layout with many smaller breakout conference rooms, nice facilities and the hotel rooms are really nice.
The breakfast was very nice too, with good service at all times.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Adam C, Manager at Stratford Manor Hotel, responded to this review, December 15, 2012
Dear Roger_N_UK

Thank you for your valued feedback. I am pleased to hear that you found our facilities to be good for your conference. I am glad you enjoyed your breakfast, after all it is the most important start to the day.
I hope to be able to welcome you back again soon.
Adam Coventry, Operation Manager
England
Reviewed November 28, 2012

A huge thank you to everyone at the Stratford Manor Hotel.
We were absolutely delighted with the quality of the service and food we received whilst on a short break this weekend. Nothing was too much trouble and every request was dealt with within minutes.
Each member of staff we came into contact with always greeted us with a smile and friendly hello. Reception staff, Bar staff and Waitresses in the dining room were all polite and extremely efficient.
The swimming pool was fantastic and the staff there very friendly and helpful.
Needless to say, this has been one of the best breaks we have had for some time and my husband and I have nothing but the highest praise for this hotel.
We cannot wait to go back.........

Room Tip: Room 104 was excellent. Quiet room, with plenty of space and nice views over the grass areas. An a...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Adam C, Manager at Stratford Manor Hotel, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
Dear Noexperience
A huge thank you to you for your delightful feedback. I am happy to hear that we have made your weekend special. Our teams at Stratford Manor strive for nothing but the best in their customer care, and are most pleased that this has been delivered again.
We cannot wait for you to come back.....
Adam Coventry, Operation Manager
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Stayed here this week on business and thought the people and service was really good. The on site swimming pool, spa and gym add to the whole experience and provide a great break from just sitting in the bar of an evening. The only opportunity i could identify is the gym has been made smaller since my last visit, which does restrict the chance of gettign on a machine if the place is full, but overall it had enough stuff to use whilst away from home.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Pete T
Thank you for your feedback.
I am glad you enjoyed our facilities, and found time to appreciate the pool, spa and gym on your visit.
The Spa is a new creation for Stratford Manor, and it is good to hear that you approve. I hope you will consider us for a stay when you are away on a leisure break and have more opportunity to chill and maybe enjoy some relaxing treatments.
Cheshire
Reviewed November 19, 2012

My friend and I met for a night in this hotel with our 4 children (all under 6!) as it's half way between where we both live and a perfect location for visiting Warwick Castle. The staff bent over backwards to accommodate us from ensuring we had rooms opposite each other, to putting little treats on the children's bed and recommending good places to visit nearby.
The rooms are a great size with plenty of room for the large double bed and 2 small beds for each child. The spa is nice with a good sized pool and the food was tasty with a good children's menu and they even have a little playpark out the back. We'll definitely be back - and really recommend it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear 8824
Thank you for you kind feedback.
I am glad you enjoyed your stay and found our team to be accommodating. I can imagine it can be difficult with an army of little ones, and am pleased we were able to help. I hope the little ones enjoyed Warwick Castle, and you also, it is great for children and the still young at heart.
We look forward to your return.
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 18, 2012

My husband and I were staying for our anniversary weekend for 3 nights. We had booked a superior room and were very impressed. Not only was it very clean it was well maintained. Everything worked, nothing was hanging off anywhere and the extra's included for a superior room were a pleasant surprise. The beverages in the fridge were replenished which was most unexpected, the bathrobes were clean and of good quality, and there was fesh milk to compliment the excellent choice of teas and coffees. The bed, pillows and duvet were super comfy, and the choice of channels on the TV were excellent.

Our check-in was friendly, welcoming and covered off everything we needed to know. We forgot to book our time for dinner one evening and one of the staff had kindly remembered and booked it in for us. The personal service we received throughout our stay was exceptional. Having stayed in hotels previously that cater for large events we had felt we were sidelined as individual guests - this was never the case at The Stratford Manor. Everyone was friendly and demonstrated pride in the service they provided. Special mention for exceptional service for Marc on the bar, and also the new barman, sorry I cant recall his name.

My husband and I enjoyed a few of the Spa treatments, however, I would advise to contact them prior to your visit to ensure they have the appointments available as it is very popular. Again the staff were efficient, friendly and took great pride in the service they provided and there are a wide choice of treatments available.

Breakfast was delightful with a vast array of choice and was open until 10:30 on weekends to allow a leisurely start to the day. (take note however it closes earlier on weekdays!!) The hot food remained hot and was regularly replenished. A final touch would have been to have sufficient staff to allow the clearing of your table between courses as the tables quickly became overcrowded with used plates etc however this did not detract from a super breakfast experience.

We booked dinner for all 3 nights of our stay. My husband has a slightly more traditional approach to food and was a little concerned with the menu, however the nightly Chefs specials meant even he found something different to enjoy each night. The food was of excellent quality and arrived from the kitchen piping hot much to my delight. The downsides to the Restaurant ........the service was at times erratic purely down to insufficient staffing levels rather than a lack of care or attention from any member of staff. One particular evening service was slow due to the arrival of a large party and it was concerning to note 2 couples in the dining room waited over 40 minutes from being seated to receiving their first course. This delay had a knock on effect and we chose to cancel desert rather than wait. If you chose to order wine by the glass your "superior" wine glass on the table was replaced with the standard bar glass - not so appealing aesthtically and it would be a nice touch to decant the bar glass into a restaurant glass behind the scenes before delivering to the table. A small point but one easily rectified. I personally found the wine list very limited and I didn't appreciate that the only Pinot Grigio was from Argentina. Whilst it may appeal to some there was no alternative Pinot Grigio from Italy available which I was very surprised at. I did however discover but only on our last night that the Pinot Grigio Blush, whilst slightly sweeter was an acceptable alternative.

Based on our own experience we would have no hesitation recommending this Hotel to family and friends, and should we ever return to Stratford would definately stay again, a most enjoyable and relaxing break.

Dear YorkshireNicky40

Thank you for your wonderful feedback. I am glad to see you approve of our QStar upgraded rooms, I hope the complimentary mini bar was put to good use. It nice to hear that our rooms are of a high standard, the QStars even have Sky boxes in. Chef is happy he was able to accommodate with his daily specials, we do try to cater for all tastes.
I have shown a copy of your comments to Marc, you have made his weekend.
I look forward to welcoming you back to Stratford Manor in the future.
Norwich
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I was only able to stay one night but I found the hotel to be excellent. The service, food and cleanliness were first class, and the layout of the generously sized room was well thought out.
I would use this good hotel again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dear Singerhrg
Thank you for feedback. I am pleased you enjoyed you night with us, and would use this good hotel again.
I hope to welcome you back next year for you next event.
Adam Coventry, Operations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stratford-upon-Avon
The Stratford, A QHotel
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,019 reviews
Stratford Limes Hotel
Stratford Limes Hotel
#1 of 27 in Stratford-upon-Avon

Been to Stratford Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!