1,574 results
All reviewsq hotelsspa treatmentsbreakaway clubswimming poolsauna and steam roomevening mealleisure facilitiesreception staffrestaurant staffgood sizespa arealovely hotelshort drivenight breakfour star hoteltrouser pressplenty of parking
Reviewed September 20, 2011

We stayed here last weekend for our parents 50th anniversary. We had a good offer from Travelzoo and it's only a couple of miles from Stratford itself, so we thought we'd go for it. We are very glad we picked this hotel as, although there are some improvements to the hotel that would make it top notch, we rate comfort and staff friendliness higher on our list of wants. We had 3 Qstar rooms, which were all identical, on the ground floor. They had put some bubbly and chocs in my in-laws room, which they were so happy about! The rooms were dark enough and quiet enough to sleep well at night and everything in the room was in good repair and comfortable. There was a wedding in the hotel on Saturday night, but we were not at all affected by any noise or extra guests moving about the hotel. The staff were so helpful, for example showing us where to park in the city. All of them were very friendly at all times and we were very impressed with the level of professionalism. We joined their breakaway club which means we can try the other hotels and get special offers, so all in all, we think it's been a great experience and would definitely recommend you try it too!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
KTurnbull, General Manager at Stratford Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2011

Dear loflower
I am delighted that you enjoyed your family break in Stratford upon Avon and will take real pleasure in passing on your comments to the team here. Friendly and professional are two of the qualities that we try to attain at all times. Well done for joining our Breakaway Club - you will receive advance notice of future promotions and bespoke weekend break packages too. We look forward to welcoming you back soon, yours sincerely, Keith Turnbull

Reviewed September 20, 2011

Stayed here in July on a special deal, great value for money. Fabulous setting in lovely grounds - plenty of room for the kids to run around in. With the added bonus of a fab pool, and stratford within a short drive. The staff were very helpful, and the food was amazing.
Looking forward to another visit!

• Stayed: July 2011

Dear lynseyjg
may I thank you for your kind comments following your stay with your family. The team will be delighted. 21 acres is usually enough to tire even the most energetic child after a busy day sightseeing in Stratford upon Avon. We are also close to many other attractions such as Warwick castle, the Cotswolds, and Gaydon Heritage Motor centre. I do hope that we can welcome you back to visit one of those. Yours sincerely, Keith Turnbull

Reviewed September 19, 2011

Good points first.
All staff very polite, friendly and helpful at all times. Rooms quiet. Food in restaurant good, thouigh steak thin and so rather over cooked. Swimming pool good size and nice and warm.
Well equipped gym with good staff present.

Bad points
Grounds looking tatty, broken window, rusty nails sticking out of rotting wood around the Tennis court, and courts themselves in a bad state with cracks and uneven surface. Half hearted Frisbee golf game with only 3 holes!. Swimming pool's steam room and pool side shower out of order. Damp patch in bedroom, Old paintwork. Little to do inside hotel.

All in All we had a good weekend but it seemed like the owners of the hotel were penny pinching when it came to general maintenance and indoor and outdoor facilities. For the price we paid this should not be the case. This is not a cheap hotel.

Room Tip: get a room away from the road!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
KTurnbull, General Manager at Stratford Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2011

Dear Goodstich
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to pass on your constructive feedback following your recent stay. Whilst I am delighted to read that the team here made your stay enjoyable I am of course disappointed to read your comments on the upkeep of the grounds. Having over the 8 weeks of the summer holiday period redecorated all of the bedroom corridors and lift lobbys I assure you that we do invest in our properties. We do of course have to ensure that our capital expenditure is where it is needed most and parts of the grounds have had to be earmarked for future dates. May I thank you for mentioning our Frisbee Golf. We installed 3 temporary targets for the summer holidays and look forward in the next few weeks to installing permanent replacements. For 18 holes I recommend Quarry Park in Leamington Spa, one of the first courses in the UK, but do allow a good 2 to 3 hours to complete. Yours sincerely, Keith Turnbull

Reviewed September 19, 2011

I've stayed at this hotel several times now and used it for a Ball and meetings and have always been looked after splendidly by staff who couldn't be more helpful!
The hotel might be a little out of town but is a very comfortable oasis after the bustle of Stratford with rooms of very high standard, super restaurant and spa and lovely grounds!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business

Dear Dawson24
May I thank you for taking the time to pass on your kind comments following your last stay here. We are fortunate enough to not just have superb leisure attractions in Stratford upon Avon but also to be a central location for meetings, events and gala balls as I see you have experienced. It is that variety in hotels that I believe keeps the team motivated and adds to the enjoyment of Hotels as a career.
Be it on business or pleasure I do hope we can welcome you back soon.
Yours sincerely, Keith Turnbull.

Reviewed September 16, 2011

Bit out of Stratford town centre this one, so if you want to walk to the shops or pubs etc then this hotel is not for you. I have rated average for location on that basis but as I was at a local business park, 2 mins away, for me it would be an excellent rating. The hotel has a large, secure car park and it is not that expensive to get a cab into town. The bar and restaurant have good service, are spacious and comfortable. The menu is varied and prices are as you would expect. The rooms are modern and I have not yet had an unclean room yet. I left a jacket on one occasion and it was quickly sent on to me. The hotel also has good gym/pool facilities, which I have never used but colleagues have enjoyed. I think this is generally an all round sound hotel, particularly if you are on business. Grounds are pleasant, particularly in the sunshine (bunnies can be seen running around the grassy area at the rear) and set back from the main road, the noise of traffic is generally no problem.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank write2car

Dear Write2car
Thank you for your kind review. As a regular guest it is very reassuring to hear that your stays have been consistently good. I am delighted that you were reunited with your jacket when left by accident, as we do send out an extraordinary amount of lost property and our Housekeeper will be delighted to know her system works. We, and the many bunnies in our 21 acres of grounds , look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Yours sincerely,
Keith Turnbull.