“For business or pleasure”

Stratford Manor Hotel
Canterbury, Kent
“For business or pleasure”
Reviewed September 19, 2011

I've stayed at this hotel several times now and used it for a Ball and meetings and have always been looked after splendidly by staff who couldn't be more helpful!
The hotel might be a little out of town but is a very comfortable oasis after the bustle of Stratford with rooms of very high standard, super restaurant and spa and lovely grounds!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
KTurnbull, General Manager at Stratford Manor Hotel, responded to this review, September 20, 2011
Dear Dawson24
May I thank you for taking the time to pass on your kind comments following your last stay here. We are fortunate enough to not just have superb leisure attractions in Stratford upon Avon but also to be a central location for meetings, events and gala balls as I see you have experienced. It is that variety in hotels that I believe keeps the team motivated and adds to the enjoyment of Hotels as a career.
Be it on business or pleasure I do hope we can welcome you back soon.
Yours sincerely, Keith Turnbull.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
Bristol, England
Reviewed September 16, 2011

Bit out of Stratford town centre this one, so if you want to walk to the shops or pubs etc then this hotel is not for you. I have rated average for location on that basis but as I was at a local business park, 2 mins away, for me it would be an excellent rating. The hotel has a large, secure car park and it is not that expensive to get a cab into town. The bar and restaurant have good service, are spacious and comfortable. The menu is varied and prices are as you would expect. The rooms are modern and I have not yet had an unclean room yet. I left a jacket on one occasion and it was quickly sent on to me. The hotel also has good gym/pool facilities, which I have never used but colleagues have enjoyed. I think this is generally an all round sound hotel, particularly if you are on business. Grounds are pleasant, particularly in the sunshine (bunnies can be seen running around the grassy area at the rear) and set back from the main road, the noise of traffic is generally no problem.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank write2car
Dear Write2car
Thank you for your kind review. As a regular guest it is very reassuring to hear that your stays have been consistently good. I am delighted that you were reunited with your jacket when left by accident, as we do send out an extraordinary amount of lost property and our Housekeeper will be delighted to know her system works. We, and the many bunnies in our 21 acres of grounds , look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Yours sincerely,
Keith Turnbull.
Bolton, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 16, 2011

Having visited "The Manor" many times over the past 5 years, not only as a Conference organiser but also as a delegate plus also on long weekend breaks with my wife & friends , this hotel ticks all the boxes you could wish for whether your trip is for business or pleasure. The hospitality shown by all members of staff is truly 1st class and i can't wait to go back.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
derby
Reviewed September 15, 2011

Greeted by friendly reception staff, hotel very clean, bedroom very clean, modern, comfortable and roomy....Breakfast nice choice again friendly staff....overall our stay was perfect and enjoyable Thank you!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
StratfordManorOps, Manager at Stratford Manor Hotel, responded to this review, September 15, 2011
Dear carol b,
Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. I'm really pleased to know that our team looked after you well and gave you a 'perfect' stay. We are proud of our hotel and all the team will endeavour to go the extra mile to make sure our guests have a great time with us. Your kind words will be shared with the team shortly.
I do hope you will come and visit us again soon.
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Me and my husband celebrated our 5th annivsary here was a amazing 4 day break, the staff are so helpful thanks . Nichola & Jason hill

• Stayed September 2011
StratfordManorOps, Manager at Stratford Manor Hotel, responded to this review, September 14, 2011
Dear Jasonvickershill46,
Congratulations on your 5th wedding anniversary and thank you for spending your special celebration with us at Stratford Manor.
I'm really pleased that you had a great 4 day break with us and I hope you enjoyed exploring Warwickshire and the surrounding counties. We have 21 wonderful acres of grounds at the hotel and I'm glad you enjoyed our setting.
Your kind words about the quality of our food and our staff will be shared with the team in due course.
I hope you will come and visit us again soon.
Belton, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 9, 2011

Spotless, cosy,welcoming and a quiet room.
Excellent breakfast.
Have used the pool in previous visits but did not have time this trip.
Booked on internet, excellent value for money.

Room Tip: 252 lovely and quiet
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
StratfordManorOps, Manager at Stratford Manor Hotel, responded to this review, September 12, 2011
Dear Jane T,
Welcome back to Stratford Manor and thanks for your review.
I'm delighted that you have become a regular guest with us. I hope you are a member of the Q Hotels 'Breakaway' Club - being a member means you get advanced notification before anyone else of the great offers Q Hotels have at all 21 Hotels.
Shame you didn't get to try the pool, maybe on your 5th visit you will have the time!
I look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Reviewed September 6, 2011

Shame about the restaurant in the evening as the hotel itself is very good. The reception and managers were charming esp the leisure guy but our stay was ruined by long wait for food and very poor standard of food we retired to our rooms at 9.30pm hungry!

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank Nigelsilver
StratfordManorOps, Manager at Stratford Manor Hotel, responded to this review, September 8, 2011
Dear Nigelsilver,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review on TripAdvisor.
I am really sorry that on this occasion the quality of food and service was not at the level for which we are renowned. I would be grateful if you would contact me directly at the hotel to discuss the issues you experienced in more detail so that I can ensure the problems are addressed.
On a more positive note I am pleased that you found our reception team and leisure club staff to be charming.
Your opinion and feedback is important to us and I do look forward to hearing from you soon.
Operations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stratford-upon-Avon
The Stratford, A QHotel
Chesford Grange - A QHotel
Mercure Stratford-Upon-Avon Shakespeare Hotel
Mercure Stratford-Upon-Avon Shak...
#14 of 28 in Stratford-upon-Avon

Been to Stratford Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!