“In the outback, noisy partyhotel”

Stratford Manor Hotel
Reviewed July 5, 2011

Service was good. With English manner.
The room was good sized, and good standard, boring colors.
Its beautiful located but you will need a car to transport you there.
The best thing was the pool, and the worst thing was that a woke up at 3am 2 nights in a row of drunk gusts running and screaming in the hotel corridors from the rented party local in the same building!

I wouldn't choose this hotel again because of that!
The sauna was also out of order during my 4 days there.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
StratfordManorOps, Manager at Stratford Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2011

Dear Joelahl,
Thank you for your review.
I am really sorry that the behaviour of other guests marred your stay on this occasion. Whether it be for a wedding, conference, banquet or leisure visit, we welcome all guests to Stratford Manor and trust that they will respect both the hotel and the privacy of other guests during their time with us.
The sauna, steam room, swimming pool and gym are fully functional and I'm sorry that there was a delay in fixing the sauna during your visit.
I'm really pleased that you found our environment to be beautiful, with 21 acres of grounds we have lots of opportunities for guests to stretch their legs be it after a hearty breakfast or early evening stroll.
Operations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,456)

Reviewed July 4, 2011

This is the first time we have stayed in a Q Hotel and it certainly will not be the last.
The room was spacious, well equipped and the bed was comfortable if not a little hard Being set well back from the road and away from the town centre exterior noise was not an issue.
The breakfast menu was extensive and the service exceptional. Again the standard of the dinner we had on our first night was impressive. All of the staff we encountered in reception,at mealtimes,in the pool area and in housekeeping were courteous and could not have been more helpful. Just a small niggle, the position of the restaurant is in the centre of the building meaning that there are no views outwards. It would have been better if diners could enjoy a view out into the extensive grounds. We have joined The Q Breakaway Club and are looking forward to exploring England with Q Hotels as our base.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
StratfordManorOps, Manager at Stratford Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2011

Dear Oyston,
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us a review. I'm really pleased to know you had a great stay with us. Unfortunately I am unable to do anything about the view from the restaurant however for future visits why not dine on our Terraced area (weather permitting) which will give you lovely views over our grounds. I'm pleased you have signed up for the Breakaway Club and have immediately benefited from a reduction on your bill. With 21 Hotels in the United Kingdom you will be spoilt for choice as to where to visit next. If not returning back to Stratford-upon-Avon, maybe a closer hotel such as Forest Pines could be your next adventure.
Thanks again.

Reviewed July 1, 2011

i really enjoy visiting the area of Stratford Upon Avon, and on this trip decided to try a different hotel. bad mistake. The hotel presents itself as a 4* hotel, and it did have a nice decorated bathroom, and the main room was adequate for its rating.
However, the first room they gave us had a flying ant nest in the cover of the room, and they were everywhere! the nice receptionist was apologetic and gave us a different room. i was feeling more reassured by this although decided would keep all windows shut!! ...until my partner found a bettle in the bathroom! i then woke up late in the night to use the bathroom and found several more bettles in the bathroom! not something you want to be dealing with at 4 am! Another minor issue was the duvet covers gave me and my partner a rash, but neither of us suffer from sensitive skin? there was also only one towel in the bathroom which was just a bit fustrating. to add to that the breakfast wasn't the best, not much choice, but edible. the room was resonably clean.
sorry to be so negitive, but i really really didn't enjoy my stay, as i thought i was getting a 4* and would rate as a 2/3, also spent 90 per night.

Dear charlotte_lucinda,
Thank you for spending the time to write your review on TripAdvisor.
I can only apologise for the poor impression you have gained from your stay with us. Located within 21 acres of countryside we are happy to exist in harmony with the local wildlife however have found on this occasion that the wildlife has overstepped the mark. I can assure you that we are dealing with the problem and that an external company has attended to our affected bedrooms to ensure any nests or outbreaks are dealt with for future guests. I'm sorry that only one set of towels were provided in the bathroom and do hope that our reception team did remedy this as soon as possible.
On a more positive note, I am pleased that you found the decor and our reception team to meet with your expectations. Should you wish to discuss any element of your stay with me then please do not hesitate in contacting me directly.

Reviewed June 27, 2011

This was our second visit to this particular hotel. The staff are very welcoming, friendly and attentive. There is a very good choice of Menu within the allowance for those on an inclusive Dinner Bed & Breakfast stay which is very good value for money. Although the restaurant was busy the staff coped very well and breakfast items were continuously replenished.

Although we have stayed at other hotel chains in the past Q Hotels are fast becoming our favourite as the standards you get on their special deals are excellent.
We shall be looking to book again in the near future.

Room Tip: This was our second visit to this particular hotel
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
StratfordManorOps, Manager at Stratford Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2011

Dear NorthamptonRicho,
Welcome back to Stratford Manor!!! It's lovely to have had the opportunity of welcoming you back and I'm glad the team have yet again given you the experience for which you have come to expect from Q Hotels. In addition I would like to thank you for your personal e-mail detailling how much you enjoyed your stay.
I'm very much looking forward to seeing you for your third visit soon.

Reviewed June 25, 2011

I stayed here for one night for a business event. The conference facilities we used were ok although the main room had no windows which I always find a bit disconcerting. The food at lunch times was a bit disappointing. Good homemade cookies in the breaks though!

The bedroom was ok, clean and comfortable, although no air conditioning so you can't do much about the temperature - just an electric fan in the corner.

The staff were friendly and helpful.

There are two main reasons why I have rated this hotel as poor:
1) the leisure club - the changing facilities (certainly the ladies side, I didn't go in the gents) are seriously grotty. Also I didn't use the gym but a colleague tells me the treadmill was very rickety and was rocking from side to side as she was running on it.
2) the fire alarms - we were evacuated on the first afternoon due to what turned out to be a false alarm, but more annoyingly, the alarms went off at 6.50am the next morning thanks to a toaster in a conference room. Cue the embarassment of huddling in the car park in the rain wearing pyjamas in front of colleagues, with no hotel staff around AT ALL to let us know what was going on.

I would not recommend this place to tourists, because there are nicer hotels closer (i.e. walking distance) to the town centre, rather than a 10-minute drive away. For business guests, find somewhere with nicer conference facilities. Or don't request toast.

• Stayed: June 2011
StratfordManorOps, Manager at Stratford Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2011

Dear eml81,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. We always see all reviews as valuable as they allow us to improve in both our product and service.

Firstly, all our meeting rooms benefit from natural daylight so I am unsure as to which meeting room you are referring to.

I can confirm that we do not have air-conditioning in any of our bedrooms however all public areas do benefit from air-conditioning. The fans were added into our bedrooms to assist with climate control.

I am aware that our leisure changing facilities are a little dated and we are sourcing financial investment in this facility to modernise our leisure club for the enjoyment of all our guests.

I am really sorry that it appeared there were no hotel staff around to assist with the fire evacuation however I can confirm that a full de-brief did take place with all the staff involved in the fire evacuation and I am happy in the manner that it was carried out. I am not in a position to apologise for the fire alarms being activated as the whole purpose is to speedily alert our guests that there is a potential hazard and our priority has to be the safety of our guests and staff. I am sorry however for any inconvenience this caused you.

On a more positive note I can see that our team of individuals did look after you and hope that, even if not Stratford Manor, you will continue to use Q Hotels in the future.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed June 21, 2011

be aware if you have problems with online booking make sure that you verify that you are receiving the online room rate if you have to book over the phone. as we were left with an additional £49-00 on checkout or alternativley find another hotel as we will not be using Q hotels in the future. If you have problems booking online make sure they send you confirmation of room rate. MR & MRS Rowley , Nottingham.

Room Tip: our room didnot have aircon.
Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank heateam
KTurnbull, General Manager at Stratford Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2011

Dear Mr&Mrs Rowley.
Thank you for your comments. I have investigated personally and regret my findings to not concur with yours. We record all reservation calls and I have listened to your call Mp3 today. Your 3 bedrooms are clearly, offered, booked and confirmed back to you at the rate of £129 per double room inclusive of breakfast. You accept and confirm. I am happy to forward this Mp3 to you. No rate of £80 was available on Saturday 18th for one night nor was it discussed at all in your call. As such to then publicly claim you have been overcharged during your stay does mystify me. I am in the process of checking that the email confirmation was sent corretcly to the e mail address that we took from you during the call and will confirm the outcome soonest.
Yours sincerely,
Keith Turnbull

Reviewed June 20, 2011

This is the second time I have stayed at a Q Hotel. It offers excellent value for money hence why I booked to stay in one again. Our room was clean, big and well furnished. The reception staff were extremely helpful as was the bar staff who recommended a great place to go for our evening in Stratford and even went to the trouble of booking a taxi for us. We were very impressed with the service and staff going that "extra mile" - it is refreshing to experience that these days! I have joined the lifetime membership club and will definitely recommend it to family and friends and will look for another Q Hotel to visit!! We will probably do a Spa and golf weekend next!

1  Thank scaltria
KTurnbull, General Manager at Stratford Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2011

Dear scaltria. May I thank you for your kind comments following your stay at the weekend. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay so much that you have joined our Breakaway Club. I actually have family members that too have joined to take advantage of the special offers and 2 weeks advance notice that members receive. I see you are based in swindon and would like to visit a spa hotel next time - I can personally recommend Winchester and Cheltenham as two easy short drives for you. We look forward to welcoming you back. Keith Turnbull