2,316 results
All reviewsquills restauranttown centreq hotelscar parksuperior roomper nightlovely hoteltrain stationparking chargebuffet styleplenty of parkingleave the carevening mealbreakfast was excellentfew minutes walktea and coffeewithin easy walking distance
Reviewed August 17, 2018 via mobile

Asked to move rooms as was put over delivery bay. Manager said he’d see. An hour later I asked again in that he’d NOT bothered to see me despite waiting in reception and he said no!

Next morning a guest had been over charged and had to argue explain and do maths at front desk with same manager who just didn’t get it. There was another manager and a new member of staff chatting behind counter. As a queue was building I asked if one of them could assist the rest of us waiting guests. Was told girl was a trainee and other manager promptly disappeared behind door.

25 minutes wait to check out - no apology no one coming out to assist. By the way the first guest was right - she had been significantly over charged.

Hilton have just taken over so they have some basic training to do!

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with friends
1  Thank Traveler60234
Sherrie V, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Stratford-upon-Avon, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2018

Many thanks for taking the time to write such a detailed review. I am disappointed to read your comments and can assure you that this will be investigated. With us re-branding as a DoubleTree by Hilton on Tursday 21st August great service is something that we take great pride in and I apologise that we did not deliver that on this occasion. May I ask that you email me directly on svilliers@thestratford-hotel.co.uk so that I can look at this personally.

Reviewed August 15, 2018

Stayed for 2 night break which included breakfast and dinner.The restaurant was well set out and food choices good. The staff were pleasant and attentive. We noted there were plenty of staff in the restaurant who worked efficiently clearing tables. I've read a few negative comments about breakfast, but for a hot buffet we found it to be a better quality than a lot we have experienced, with plenty of fruit available.. True the staff didn't personally tell us there were other options but here is a menu on the table detailing these so all you have to do is read.
We had a standard room. A great plus was the bath and the air conditioning, which was very quiet.
Great location, Stratford attractions being only a few minutes walk away. Again moans of car parking charges, which does add to the cost, however we have paid more at other city hotel car parks.
All in all we enjoyed a very pleasant stay. Our only complaint, as has been commented on in other reviews is the bed in the standard room. Hard and creaky. So not the best night's sleep.

Stayed: August 2018

Dear LesleyAndGraham,

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay. We are very proud of all of our staff and I will pass on your comments to the team.

We are very lucky to have an onsite car park in such a busy town and with us being so close to the centre it is very convenient to leave your car for the duration of your stay to visit the local attractions. I am pleased to read that you found the £5 charge reasonable.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Sherrie

Reviewed August 14, 2018 via mobile

Enjoyed a return visit for my birthday weekend back at this hotel. We upgraded and had a lovely huge bedroom overlooking the gardens. The room was clean and the complimentary water, Coke & mini wines were a great special touch. As we were staying 2 nights we used these on the first night. When we left the room for breakfast the next day the room was ‘cleaned’ but drinks were not replenished and neither was much needed toilet roll. Later that evening we chose to enjoy a pimms in the garden but had to hunt down someone on the bar and wait for these to be served & then walk through a large party that had just arrived to check in. Can’t help feeling the hotel doesn’t make the most of the beautiful gardens. My girlfriend & I would have enjoyed a few more pimms if a bar person would have come out to take our order or even offer a jug of pimms but we had small glasses & retreated to the room. Breakfast was ok usual suspects - sausage bacon eggs but £5 for avocado when this is offered in most hotels now surprising & a lack of choice in bread. Would like to see crumpets, muffins & something else beside thick toasting bread. Overall it was lovely to return but felt a few elements could be easily changed to give that looked after feel.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple

Dear Gemma W,

Many thanks for reviewing your recent stay with us and I am delighted that you upgraded to one of our suites and enjoyed the space and view.

I will certainly address your comments regarding the replenishment of the bedroom with our housekeeping team and also the bar staff regarding looking after guests in our beautiful gardens. Our gardens are about to have a facelift so please do let me know when you return and I will make sure you can enjoy a Pimms in new surroundings.

Reviewed August 14, 2018

This was a return visit as the hotel is in a good location for an evening visit to the theatre and we had enjoyed our previous visit. This time we chose a superior room and we were very comfortable. The one thing that spoilt the visit was a noisy party, it was gone midnight before the music stopped. At checkout we were asked if we had enjoyed our visit. We mentioned the bad night and were not charged for parking. If you look at other reviews you will see that the £5.00 parking charge is a bone of contention. It does seem a bit much when you are paying premium prices.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple

Dear ES1211,

Many thanks for your review of your recent stay. We do appreciate feedback to ensure that we can continue to provide our warm hospitality.

Our location is perfect for visiting the theatre with the convenience of leaving your car on hotel property.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed August 8, 2018

We were only there for one night. The rooms were lovely, great shower, comfy bed. The staff were helpful and it's 2 mins from the town center, ideal really. The bar was expensive and they charged you a fiver to park. Which is a bit annoying, why don't they just hide that in the cost of the room which would negate all the bad vibes you feel for being charged to park? The layout of the breakfast room was really bizarre, the cereal counter is squeezed into the area at the front of the hot food counter and the queues for both areas cross over one another leading to a bit of a muddle. Take a couple of tables out the dinning area and move the cereal counter. Anyway it was OK, I would try somewhere else next time though.

Room Tip: Don't know really, there were lots of them.
  • Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple