We only spent one night at this hotel and were a bit concerned after reading some disappointing reviews. However, we were pleasantly surprised. We were greeted by friendly and helpful reception staff and the entrance was modern, clean, light and airy with a lovely seating area. Our room overlooked the air conditioning units on the roof, and the river beyond that. With the window open, you could hear machinery but it wasn't loud enough to bother us. The bed was comfy and clean as were all areas that we saw. The shower had a slight leak on it which we reported when we checked out. In no way did it effect the quality of the shower. The breakfast buffet was served in a large dining area overlooking some nicely kept lawns and the river. Selections could be made from cereals, fresh fruits and yoghurts, cheese, ham and tomatoes, breads, danish pastries and choco pain. Of course, there was also a hot buffet of traditional English breakfast foods. My only complaint here was that the over enthusiastic waiter had taken my juice and coffee from the table while I was at the buffet. No problem though, I just got another. I did get woken at some point in the night by the sound of children using the corridor above us as a race track. This obviously isn't the fault of the hotel but the parents who maybe should respect other guests. When we checked out we were told the parking had been free and it was so convenient to be right besides the river, in the centre of town and not have to worry about car parks. We'd certainly go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the River Avon and set in beautiful landscaped gardens, the Holiday Inn Stratford-upon-Avon is the perfect location for discovering the delights of Shakespeare's birthplace, while other local attractions and historical sites are within walking distance. The hotel is within easy reach of J15 off the M40 and 20 miles from Birmingham Airport and the NEC and only a short drive from the amazing Warwick Castle. All 259 refurbished bedrooms have air-conditioning, wireless internet access and tea and coffee making facilities. Car parking is available at the hotel with over 300 spaces on site. Renowned as an excellent meeting and conference venue and with the impressively modernised Ballroom with adjoining exhibition areas Holiday Inn Stratford-upon-Avon can host events for up to 550 delegates. To dine in style, the Terrace Lounge and Bar and the Riverside Restaurant offer excellent food to suit all tastes. Or to really unwind and recuperate, the leisure club is available for all guests to use with a wide range of first class facilities including a fully equipped gymnasium, indoor heated swimming pool, sauna and whirlpool. Discover Stratford-upon-Avon and visit the many nearby places of interest including the National Exhibition Centre, The Royal Shakespeare Theatre, Warwickshire and the Heritage Motor Centre. The Hotel, in compliance with UK smoking regulations, is completley non smoking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, IHG, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crowne Plaza Stratford-Upon-Avon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Stratford-Upon-Avon Hotel Stratford-Upon-Avon
- Stratford Upon Avon Holiday Inn
- Crowne Plaza Stratford-Upon-Avon England