“Weekend break”

Crowne Plaza Stratford-Upon-Avon
Reviewed May 10, 2013

This hotel was lovely...definately will be back...nothing to much trouble...the room was large and spacious...we had an executive facing the theatre which we had requested....we were allowed to keep the car in the carpark until we were ready to leave stratford which was excellent as it was Bank Holiday monday and there was a vintage car rally on around the town...

Room Tip: we had one facing the theatre...as I wasnt sure what you would see facing the river as there were a...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
QMHManager, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Stratford-Upon-Avon, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Dear Jasper59,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay.

I am very pleased to read that you found our hotel to be comfortable and of a high standard with excellent team members. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Stratford-Upon-Avon

Reviewed May 8, 2013

This would have to be the worst hotel I have ever stayed in.
Overpriced, the room as very average for the costs, the fridge did not work and
they could not fix it.
The bar downstairs did not have much in the way of varieties, so was very disappointed thinking that this was an Internatioanl Hotel.
The only highlight was a staff member, who tidied up in the breakfast area, who was so kind to the visitors and so helpful- He was the one thing that made out stay bearable.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank joannechris0

Dear Joannechris0,

Thank you for reviewing your stay.

I am disappointed to read that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I would like to restore your faith in Holiday Inn Stratford upon Avon and would appreciate it if you would email me on gm.histratford@qmh-hotels.com quoting your name, room number and date of stay. I am pleased, however, to read that a particular team member stood out and they reflected the service you will receive with us.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Stayed here in a quick bank holiday break with my partner and the location is superb . Parking is easy and plentiful and only a £5 a stay. Cheap for Stratford. Hotel bar stayed open until 1:30am as it was busy even though its stated hours were 22:30. Staff very very helpful and couldn't do enough. Overall at £64 for a king size bedded room I don't think you could getter better value for money in Stratford. Don't forget to try the hotels lovely terrace overlooking the river.

• Stayed: May 2013
QMHManager, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Stratford-Upon-Avon, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Dear Sifowles,

Thank you for reviewing your stay.

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed everything about your stay with us. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel very soon.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

We booked a room for 2 adults and our 2 children for one night so that we could have a weekend break in Stratford. The hotel was very pleasant, clean, and the staff were very helpful throughout. The location is great as it's very near the town centre and the RSC theatre - we wre able to check into the hotel early before going to a matinee at the theatre. We didn't eat our evening meal in the hotel - we walked to a restaurant (lots within easy walking distance) - but we had breakfast which was very good - standard fare but lots of it, and they cooked me some poached eggs on request, no problem at all. The swimming pool is fine, very warm, if a bit small, and there is a small jacuzzi, sauna, and steam room all at no additional cost. Parking cost £5 for the whole weekend which wasn't bad as I think parking is at a premium in Stratford. All in all we'd definitely return.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Dear Howard F,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found that we were the perfect base for exploring Stratford. I am happy that you found no issues with breakfast and enjoyed everything you experienced in our hotel. I hope to welcome you in the hotel soon.

Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

On arrival at the hotel we found our room was not ready despite the 3pm guarantee, having to sit around waiting was not ideal having travelled a considerable distance. When we eventually were allocated a room we had to get the bedding changed as it was heavily stained, our friends also had to do the same as the duvet had fragments of hair over it. In the communal areas of the hotel a large bridge tournament was beginning which meant a lot of activity setting up all conference rooms, not particularly relaxing!!!

Staff were pleasant and dealt with any issues promptly.
Would not return!!!!

• Stayed: May 2013

Dear Comcare25,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay.

I am very sorry to read that you had an issue with your room but I’m happy our team members were pleasant and efficient in solving the problem. We regularly have larger events in the hotel due to the fact that although we are in a leisure destination, we also have large conference and event areas. The Midlands is usually a popular destination for conferences for national companies and associations. We feel that we can combine both types of guests well and my team is well prepared to deal with this. What is not acceptable is to find rooms which are not totally ready for arriving guests, whether this is for the arrival time or for the cleanliness in the room.

I would like to reiterate my sincere apologies for this. It is not our usual standard and I do hope that my reassurances will not deter your from visiting us in the future.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

We booked last minute having stayed here a few years ago and know that location is great for everything in Stratford. However..... This is rated as a four star hotel but feels a long way from that. Our room had a distinctly fusty smell on arrival and there was evidence of mould patches on the external walls ( we arrived too late to be bothered to ask to move but have mentioned to reception ) The furniture in the communal areas is tired and very dirty. Wifi is only available if you pay for it which i think is now a bit outdated. Most hotels offer free for a limited period or in a certain areas of the hotel.

Breakfast was ok but again nothing special

I'm afraid it wouldn't be my first choice next time. For the same price you can get better value for money. This could be such a good hotel having stayed at other holiday inns but it is time for a refresh.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Vinestock,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

I am sorry to read that your stay was rather lacklustre and not to the quality that you would have hoped it to have been. We have a large refurbishment programme in place for 2013 which includes all the public areas.

Our main ballroom has already been completed and we are awaiting commencement in the Food and Beverage areas as well as the arrival areas of the hotel. This will be completed by the end of this year. With respect to the WiFi, IHG Hotels have embraced these comments and from July 2013 the higher tiers of our Priority Club Loyalty Programme will receive free WiFi in all the IHG properties all over the world. From January 2014, all tiers of the Loyalty programme will receive free WiFi in any of our hotels whether you are resident or whether you are just visiting. It is simple to enrol in one of our hotels and you will be able to enjoy the free WiFi as soon as you enrol.

With respect to your other comments, I can assure you that this is not the standard we usually deliver and I would like to offer you my sincere apologies for the shortcomings you experienced. I hope that my reassurances will not deter you from visiting us in the future

Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for one night 27/4/13 . room good size . bed king size very comfy . Overlooking river , Breakfast brilliant , will stay again soon .Near to all of shakespears attractions , did not use pool but heard from other staying ok .

• Stayed: April 2013
QMHManager, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Stratford-Upon-Avon, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Dear Enderbyfox,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent stay.

I am very pleased to read that you will be staying again soon after enjoying your first visit. I’m happy everything was to your liking and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.