“Location it's best asset”

Crowne Plaza Stratford-Upon-Avon
Reviewed February 27, 2013

We stayed here for two nights as part of a party of 19 spread over 7 rooms. As ever before visiting anywhere I checked out recent reviews on Trip Advisor and have to say we could only endorse previous comments. The hotel has by far the best location of any in Stratford right next to the river and Theatre on the edge of town. The food and drink offered in the bar and restaurant seem very expensive far too costly for us to eat there but a large glass of wine was about £7!!! But the main issue was due to the size of the hotel the bar and lounge areas were always uncomfortably cold there is no doubt the heating system is in serious need of an upgrade.The staff were helpfull though and breakfast was more than adequate if we were to stay again though we would wait till summer!

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
QMHManager, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Stratford-Upon-Avon, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Dear Karl B,

Thank you for reviewing your stay with Holiday Inn Stratford upon Avon.

I am very pleased to read that you seem to have enjoyed your stay with us and found our location to be perfect for your purpose. I have taken your comments on board and they will be discussed further with the Team. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Miguel Abellan van Kan

Write a ReviewReviews (2,411)

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Upon arrival with my husband and son, we found that our teenage sons bed had not been made up, we informed reception who appologised and said it would be rectified by the time we got back to the hotel. When we arrived back later, they had made up a bed for my son but left no towel, cup, glass etc for him which I had also asked for. We found the room to be quite dirty the bathroom door was really dirty there was dust on skirtings the carpet grubby dirty walls and the mirrors had clearly not been cleaned. The room was a good size with a separate sitting area but was in desparate need of referbishment. The breakfast was probably the worst I have experienced EVER! and was the first time I have ever left a full english breakfast, I dont know how they cook their scrambled eggs, because it did not taste like eggs. The only positive about this hotel is the location and parking, £5.00 for 24 hours - bargain, however this would not be enough to ever make us return.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
QMHManager, Resident Manager at Crowne Plaza Stratford-Upon-Avon, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Dear LW1467,

I am very sorry to read that you were disappointed with your stay and I am concerned by the points you have mentioned.

Firstly I would like to apologise for your room not being ready for you and your family – this was an oversight on our part and is unacceptable. I have noted your comments on how items were missing from your room that you requested and the level of cleanliness will be discussed at length with our housekeeping team.

I would also like to extend my apologies for the level of quality you found our breakfast to be – we usually receive brilliant reviews about our breakfast and while I’m sure this was an unfortunate mistake I will be investigating to ensure our highest standards are attained.
If you would like to discuss your views further with me please don’t hesitate to email me on rm.histratford@qmh-hotels.com.

Simon Dearden
Resident Manager

Reviewed February 26, 2013

The Holiday Inn at Stratford was the ideal place to stay as it was within walking distance of the town centre. As the route was flat and even the walk would suit both young and old. The hotel's reception rooms, bar and restaurant were very well appointed.. Despite there not being too many residents (late February) the selection at breakfast was varied and excellent. Our 'king size' room was clean and acceptable although we had expected it to be larger than normal (perhaps they just meant 'king sized bed'). As in all hotels there was a very limited supply of tea and milk in our room but I'm sure more would have been provided had we asked as all the staff were helpful and friendly. The bar prices weren't extortionate either.
I would definitely recomend this hotel for visitors who want to explore Stratford and be within easy reach of the heart of the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the river Avon.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
QMHManager, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Stratford-Upon-Avon, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Dear LizanneWest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay for us.

I’m extremely pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found everything to be to your liking as well as finding our hotel to be furnished to a high standard. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Just had an overnight stay here, all i can say is it was great. Reception team were to be commended. The restaurant was very busy but service did not waiver and my room was very clean. Cant ask for more really?

Dear Rebekah D,

Thank you for reviewing your time with us.

I’m very pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and found everything to be to your liking. I am extremely proud of our team members as they work tirelessly to deliver the highest standards in service to our guests. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

The location of the is hotel is ideal for anyone interested in an overnight stay when going to the RSC being only 5 minutes walk from the theatre. There is good car parking although guest have to pay which is odd and a little questionable. In most other resects the hotel is unspectacular.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Dear McGreevy03,

Thank you for reviewing your stay.

I’m pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and I hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

My husband and I spent three nights in this very well located hotel in the heart of Stratford.
This is the second time we have stayed in this hotel. The location is superb and all the local attractions within walking distance. Warwick Castle is just 10 minutes by car.

The hotel staff were friendly and very professional. We found the breakfast to be of a very good standard, with a good variety to suit all.
We found the overall presentation of the hotel to be very clean and attractive.
The Gym and swimming-pool staff were particularly helpful, the water was lovely and warm.
The bedrooms were clean, very comfortable and it provided us with a very relaxing break.
With regards with car park cost, It is no more expensive than other hotels.

Overall we would highly recomment this hotel to couples or families (as we have done both) and found consistency in their service and excellent standards.

Dear Riversong_14,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review of our hotel.

I’m extremely proud to read that as a returning customer you found us to continue to uphold excellent standards as well as having our leisure facilities. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel when you next visit Stratford.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

My girlfriend and I spent a weekend here and the hotel provided us with all we wanted.
The location by the canal was a big plus and we spent a lovely afternoon relaxing there watching the world go by. For such a large hotel the bar was very disappointing and even though it wasn't busy a queue would quickly grow.
The bed was lovely and comfortable and the room was adequate but despite the setting I found the overall experience average.
If I was ever to return to Stratford upon Avon, I would probaby look to try something else, as I do think this is generally over priced.
We didn't eat here but only because we wanted to venture out, there was no other reason.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Leezy1,

Thank you for writing a review of your recent stay with us.

I’m very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found that we provided you with everything you wanted. Our location is very idyllic and the perfect place to relax – even better on a warm summer’s day. Your comments concerning our service have been noted and will be taken into consideration. I hope to welcome you back in the future.