Hotel situation is superb for access to the town and theatre.
Stayed in accessible room, 3d floor. Clean, quiet and comfortable. Would have appreciated a proper shower rather than just a shower over the bath; getting into the bath can be tricky with restricted mobility .
Breakfasts were excellent, well up to Holiday Inn standard.
The restaurant menu we found in the room showed a good range of dishes, but when we got to the restaurant it turned out that the only choice was the carvery. All the other menu items are only available from " time to time" according to demand. It being late, we ordered steak pie and chips from the bar menu. It wasn't very good, meat was tough.
In fact, the bar area is the least attractive part of the hotel, being big and draughty, and the brown old furniture seems to date from the 1970's. But the staff were pleasant and helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the River Avon and set in beautiful landscaped gardens, the Holiday Inn Stratford-upon-Avon is the perfect location for discovering the delights of Shakespeare's birthplace, while other local attractions and historical sites are within walking distance. The hotel is within easy reach of J15 off the M40 and 20 miles from Birmingham Airport and the NEC and only a short drive from the amazing Warwick Castle. All 259 refurbished bedrooms have air-conditioning, wireless internet access and tea and coffee making facilities. Car parking is available at the hotel with over 300 spaces on site. Renowned as an excellent meeting and conference venue and with the impressively modernised Ballroom with adjoining exhibition areas Holiday Inn Stratford-upon-Avon can host events for up to 550 delegates. To dine in style, the Terrace Lounge and Bar and the Riverside Restaurant offer excellent food to suit all tastes. Or to really unwind and recuperate, the leisure club is available for all guests to use with a wide range of first class facilities including a fully equipped gymnasium, indoor heated swimming pool, sauna and whirlpool. Discover Stratford-upon-Avon and visit the many nearby places of interest including the National Exhibition Centre, The Royal Shakespeare Theatre, Warwickshire and the Heritage Motor Centre. The Hotel, in compliance with UK smoking regulations, is completley non smoking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Crowne Plaza Stratford-Upon-Avon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Stratford-Upon-Avon Hotel Stratford-Upon-Avon
- Stratford Upon Avon Holiday Inn
- Crowne Plaza Stratford-Upon-Avon England