We received as a wedding gift one night's stay at this hotel. The location could hardly be better for seeing Stratford as it is located in the centre of the town and a few minutes walk from the RSC, the historic core and Shakespeare's house.
We drove to the hotel, which is located on a one way system. However, there was no problem in navigating the short loop round to the hotel entrance. Word of warning: The car park is very confined and less confident drivers may struggle in navigating their vehicle to a space. There is also a lot of demand for spaces. We were reluctant to drive out in the evening for fear of losing our space! The hotel charges £3 per day for parking.
The hotel itself is a traditional building, with associated decor. However all fixtures and fittings are of a good standard throughout including the lobby, dining area and bar.
Our (standard) room was of an average size, however the bed was comfy and whilst traditionally decorated, it was clean and well maintained. The en-suite was also clean spacious enough and featured a shower/bath. There was a decent sized flat screen TV and tea and coffee making facilities. There were also plug sockets on each side of the bed - I always find this beneficial for charging mobiles that may be used as alarms!
I got one drink from the bar but it seemed quite expensive at £4.95 for a bottle of real ale so I didn't make a return trip.
Guests tended to be retired couples or groups and as such the hotel was nice and quiet at night. Breakfast was served in the pleasant dining room. We were seated promptly and served quickly. Cooked breakfasts are brought from the kitchen, which makes a nice change from self-service buffet affairs. There was also the option of cereals, toast, croissants, cheese and meat options. We each had a full English, which was prepared to a high standard.
Overall we enjoyed our stay at this hotel and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A delightfully elegant, Grade II listed, 3 Star Georgian Hotel with 73 bedrooms, centrally located in Stratford upon Avon, just 3 minutes walk from the RSC Theatre and all main local attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Best Western Grosvenor Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Stratford-Upon-Avon
- Stratford-Upon-Avon Best Western
- Best Western Grosvenor Hotel Stratford-Upon-Avon, England