“Wow ”

Hallmark Hotel The Welcombe
Merville, France
“Wow ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

Booked a last minute break. We were upgraded to a suite which was fabulous. Sitting on the terrace with afternoon tea is just perfect with more than perfect views.
Nothing was too much trouble for the staff. The bar drinks were similar to bars in town but in a much better setting and with very accommodating staff.
The pièce de résistance is the spa, clean, great facilities, spot on!
All in all a wonderful relaxing 2 night stay. Can't wait to return in the future

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Pauliepoop

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (447)
  • Korean first
UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014

Quick review sorry as I am in a bit of a rush. 2 night stay in July.
Initial impressions, nice hotel, easy to find (mind you take the correct entry!) and seems secure.

Parking was ok, but car park was almost 100% full. Managed to find a space ok there after but it was always pretty full.

Check in was quick and easy and off to my room.

Carpets in the hall ways were looking a bit past their best - but the rest of the hotel seemed pretty clean and tidy - plenty of staff etc etc.

Room was ready on arrival.

Room featured a mac computer (did not even attempt to use!), good size flat screen TV, tea and coffee and that was about it.

My main gripe was the bathroom. The silicone in the shower had quite a bit of mold on it - at least a months worth. Not great given the room rates. Also, the sink taps would leak when you turned them on. Lastly the sink taps did not extend into the basin - so if you tired to wash your hands water just went all over the counter. Shame really, as the rest of the room was ok.

Room service was decent - food was hot, well cooked and tasty. Also fairly quick - 20 mins tops.

Overall, not bad - not great. I would have liked to have tried the pool but it closes at 6 which means after you get in from work around 6pm its already closed...

Would probably stay again if needed, but would probably prefer the Q hotel up the road.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Manc_7
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

Our wedding was held here on the 20th June 2014. From the very first moment I walked into the Welcombe I knew it would be the most perfect venue for our wedding.
We first put our deposit down in September 2012 and even though the wedding was so far away Jess (Jessica Shepard the wedding co-ordinator) was always just at the end of an email answering my questions no matter how big/small.
We had a free menu tasting dinner and the service for this is the main restaurant was outstanding which set a precedent for the wedding which was most definitely met if not exceeded.
The day before the wedding we took all of our bits and bobs to the hotel and Jess assured us her team would set it all up... This was a huge relief (as there really were quite a few things to be put out!)
The wedding day itself was absolutely perfect and the room set up perfectly. We were greeted with champagne and Jess and her team made sure everything was perfect for us.
Everything was so relaxed and times for dinner and first dance etc we're double checked with me and the groom thought the day and we moved something's back/forward as things happened.
The food was AMAZING. We chose the corn fed chicken which I'm assured was tender and cooked to perfection. Whilst giving our choices I mentioned that I really enjoyed the pork which is what I had for the menu tasting and Jess made it possible for me as the bride to have "whatever I wanted" and sure enough it was once again perfect. They also took into consideration the needs of my (fussy eater) mother in law and she had chicken off the bone with potatoes and gravy kept separate! They also changed the children's starters for us to cheesy garlic bread which went down a treat!
A couple of starters were missed (my little ones starter wasn't delivered for ages and she was hungry!) but this was resolved promptly. The Groom didn't have any roast potatoes but again he was delivered a plate of them quickly after he told a waiter.
Basically everything was just as we wanted it. Everyone at the wedding commented on how helpful and attentive the staff were. They also loved the relaxed informal set up we had going on, the team had set up our lawn games on the grass for the drinks reception which was just perfect!
To our bridal suite... 'Susanna's Room' overlooked the beautiful gardens and was HUGE! With a beautiful 4 poster bed, Roll top bath in the bathroom the size of an apartment! We had a wonderful group photo taken from the room of everyone below outside!
So overall, a perfect wedding! We cannot thank you all enough!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Donna W
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

I purchased a Sunday-Monday spa package to stay at this hotel for myself and two friends. It was my birthday on Sunday and we wanted something lovely and relaxing to do.
On arrival we were greeted by a lovely receptionist (unfortunately I forgot to take the names of staff- they were all exceptional though so this applies to all!) who let us check-in two hours early as she made sure the room was ready. We were shown to our room by two very helpful "front of house" and we were pleasantly surprised with the space in the room. We were less than 1 minute from the spa too, which was ideal.
The spa was immaculate with a number of facilities including heat experiences, jacuzzi, vitality pool and individual foot spas, the treatments were amazing (we had facials and massages) and the staff were lovely and welcoming.
The evening meal was first class. We ordered from the £30 set menu, but all options sounded amazing, the service was attentive and friendly, the wine selection was good, and I received a complimentary birthday drink from the bar!
Breakfast was nice with a good selection - and it was all hot too. We employed a lovely coffee overlooking the beautiful grounds before heading back to the spa (which you can use all day even after checking out).
All in all, I can't fault the hotel and am already thinking of returning later this year.
I'd like to thank everyone who made our stay amazing, and my birthday highly enjoyable.

• Stayed July 2014
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

I would just like to say we had a fantastic meal and excellent service from vicjy andved and especially carol she made us feel very welcome and she made us laugh until our eyes were sore from laughing so much and also all the other staff made us feel very welcome aswell would recommend this hotel to family and friends and we will return again very soon

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tracy d
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

I visited here for a wedding. Absolutely fantastic hotel and wedding venue. The Spa attached is excellent as well. I would have given five stars if the wifi had been better. It was practically an internet and phone reception dead zone. Which could be considered a bonus point to many.

Stayed July 2014
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

My daughter booked her dad and my self in for a meal which was excellent and the service was excellent especially from ed and Vicky and extra special from Carol as she is so lovely and a very bubbly lady she made us laugh until our eyes were hurting she made our day but I would also like to say all the other staff were friendly to and made us very welcome we will return again very soon

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family