Hallmark Hotel The Welcombe
The White Swan Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
$134
  • Breakfast included
$81
$76
$84
  • Restaurant
Billesley Manor Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)(Great Value!)
$178
$111
  • Pool
Macdonald Alveston Manor Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
$178
$117
The Arden Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
$156
$119
The Stratford, A QHotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
$110
  • Restaurant
Best Western Grosvenor Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)(Great Value!)
$87
$68
Priceline
2,266 results
All reviewsvitality poolcountess suitespa facilitiesgolf breakgreat spabeautiful hotelfour posterstately homeupgraded to a suitespa weekendroaring firesteam roomthe main hotelcream teaevening mealchanging roomsstandard room
Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

Just came back from the welcombe stayed sunday 15 th well what can I say the room was beautiful we stayed in the caroline room for 1 night dinner bed and breakfast I booked through main reception who were very polite as usual . we come back every year to this hotel for my wifes birthday and its aways a special day the hotel staff are 100 percent attentive from the door staff to chamber maids we didnt speak with greg this time but he was behind the scences as always making things perfect. to me a good review is about consistence well here's my yearly review (perfect)keep it up the welcombe hotel you truly are our favourite hotel have a great christmas mr and mrs tanner

• Stayed: December 2013
3  Thank spenfin
welgf, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel The Welcombe, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to send such a great review - so glad you enjoyed your stay - keep coming back !
I will , of course , pass on your kind comments to the team

Reviewed December 19, 2013

We stayed at the welcome for my birthday. It is a gorgeous Calendar house, very large and very welcoming.

We had dinner on my birthday evening unfortunately for us, it was only the festive set menu that was available, no a la carte. That said, the food was excellent, and we had a wonderful evening. The staff are very friendly, and helpful. The spa is lovely.

We will definitely return to the hotel in the future, and would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to others.

Overall a great birthday treat!

1  Thank karen j

Thank you for the review - I am sorry that we do reduce the menu offerering slightly during the busy times leading up to Christmas - the a la carte items are consolidated in to a choice of 6 starters & 6 main course etc
I am glad you enjoyed the food - our new Head Chef , Matt , has continued the 2 AA Rosette standard and is receiving a lot of praise.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

Had a lovely one night stay here. Room was lovely and comfortable and had an iMac in it, safe, iron and coffee and tea facilities. The spa was amazing. Views over golf course were lovely. Breakfast was ok but have jhad better.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lindsey B

Thank you for the review and I am sorry you did not enjoy the breakfast - we do pride ourselves on the extent of the offering so perhaps it was the cooking ?
Please accept my apologies and I do hope this will not put you off returning to the Welcombe.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

For a forth year my wife and I enjoyed a two night break at Menzies Welcombe hotel & Golf course. For the first time our room was located in the extended part of the hotel and having clearly been recently upgraded was modern and well equipped. The main lounge was decorated for Christmas with two huge tree's and looked fantastic. The staff were friendly and helpful, dinner in the beautiful dinning room was superb, the service was fantastic and probably the best overall dining experience that we have had here, thanks and well done! We enjoyed treatments in the spa which were performed beautifully by a young therapist named Lauren who was friendly and professional. The Welcome and service at the Spa was however a little poor with the staff 'hanging' out at the main reception desk laughing and joking with each other, sorry guys you have fantastic facilities but I get a better welcome at my local Waitrose or Costa!! Also within the spa several forms were lying around in full view of anyone who cared to look, containing client details such as address, employment and medical details! surely this should be confidential. I was able to retrieve mine from the unmanned spa desk, with the young group at the main reception being blissfully unaware that I had taken this information. Come on guy's your letting the side down. This experience aside we had a fantastic winter spa break and look forward to returning in the new year.

1  Thank GuyBirmingham

Please accept my apologies for the lazy attitude and behaviour of the Spa staff - I can assure you this has been discussed with the Manager and Team also highlighting the poor handling of the forms - thank you for bringing this to my attention.
So glad you enjoyed your stay and in particular the dinner - look forward to seeing you in the New Year

Reviewed December 16, 2013

Wonderful hotel. Lovely location & very clean. Our room was large and had a lovely view of the gardens. The spa was great, clean pool & other great facilities like a sauna & steam bath. Hotel supplied towels, shampoo & body lotion. Staff were more than helpful and nothing was to much for them. I cannot recommend it highly enough & we will certainly return.

1  Thank Ann K

Well - what can I say other than thank you and so glad you had an enjoyable stay .