“UKHA Summer Ball 2013” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hallmark Hotel The Welcombe
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
“UKHA Summer Ball 2013”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

As one of the main organisers of a summer ball for 200 people on July 5th this year I wanted to tell you about this fantastic venue!
The first day we decided to book this venue I knew it was going to be the right place. All of the staff were all helpful, friendly but also very professional.
Everything went according to plan, no problems at all. We were all absolutely delighted with the food, the quality of the wine, the service and the staff.
A truly magnificent venue, a truly memorable night!

Room Tip: Beautiful large sunny room on the back of the hotel (room 112) FAB views!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank les4uk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (432)
  • Korean first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

Bad points:

Alas no fridge in rooms, sorely needed in the heat! Please think about investing in some it would make the room 10/10 instead of 9/10.

No offer of help with bags to be carried despite four flights of stairs to our room!

Room was not cleaned properly and bed not made which is unforgivable in a four star hotel! The maid did offer to come and do it at 5pm but by then not really worth it!

However, these are the only negative points the good really outweighed the bad:

A magnificent historic building which sort of grips you in its arms and welcomes when you enter.

There was a wedding going on with lots of guests in the bar, but the staff still looked after none wedding guests fantastically and we were not delayed getting bar food and drinks.

The breakfast was amazing - so much choice and really well cooked. Buffet or al a carte available. Staff very attentive and helpful.

The room was to die for (except the no fridge bit). Huge room, huge bed, really funky bathroom with shower and bath, great TV, even an Apple Mac - that's a first in a hotel room for me!

Golf superb - couldn't fault that.

Spa out of this world - the best I have been to in the UK and only seconded to Dubai really.

Grounds just lovely to look at and wander through.

I would have no hesitation in staying here again and indeed will when I return to Stratford.

Despite the earlier negative comments which are just saying it as it is!, I wouldn't hesitate in recommending this hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Jimgolfer2
Newark-on-Trent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

I recently went to the Menzies Welcombe hotel and Spa for my hen do. Excellent package including lunch, treatment, access to spa, evening meal, one nights stay, breakfast and access to the spa until 12 the following day. Such good value for money. Such a relaxing couple of days and treatments were excellent. Food in the restaurant was outstanding and all 9 of us enjoyed our 3 course meal. The staff were friendly and very helpful. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a spa type hen do. Would also reccomend to golfers and couples.

• Stayed July 2013
Hinckley, Leicestershire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a hen party very recently. We did not stay in the main hotel but in the apartments behind the spa. They were gorgeous, equip with everything that you would need plus plenty of bedrooms for us girls.

We had booked into the Spa and had booked in for a treatment, which was very relaxing. The spa was very clean and the staff very welcoming. I would definitely recommend this.

The only downside was the fire alarm went off twice during the night for no apparent reason and we were given no explanation / apology from the hotel. The customer service could have been improved here.

Breakfast was nice after we had to ask for it, the buffet was about empty and we had to ask the staff for more food!!

Overall a great hotel, would be superb for a wedding or a relaxing stay in Stratford.

Quebec
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

On July 13 2013 we held our daughter's wedding reception at the Welcombe Hotel. We can not say enough about the professionalism of the Staff at the hotel especially the wedding planner Jessica and the Toastmaster Erwann.

Coming from Canada they made having an overseas wedding very easy. They gave our daughter and son in law a fairytale wedding.

Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Rooms in the main house very beautiful. They do not have air conditioning. New basic rooms have air.
Bimingham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

I stayed at the Welcombe Hotel, with my boyfriend, for my birthday in April. It was with the intention of staying in the Stratford area that I searched for the best hotel with a spa and found this one online.

It is a truly wonderful hotel; particularly the drive leading up the building was quite impressive. We found parking was fine, ample spaces and the check-in procedure was hassle free. I was slightly disappointed/ surprised that there wasn’t anyone to help us with our luggage; however I’m quite a capable person so that didn’t bother me too much.

Our room was lovely, modern and overlooked the gardens – beautiful view. It had everything that you could ask for, plenty of pillows, blankets, coffee making facilities, ironing board, oddly two irons, a trouser press, hairdryer (a good point for the ladies) and the TV was an Apple computer.

The Spa was fabulous and the one at this hotel was probably the best I’ve been to in a long while. As guests staying at the hotel, we could use the Spa on the day of our arrival and on the whole departure day – we went on both days. The reception desk to the Spa provided towels and there are lockers in the changing rooms – facilities in the changing rooms are great and there is a spin dryer for wet swimwear too. There is a café that serves teas and coffee, soft and alcoholic drinks and light hot and cold snacks.

In the Spa itself, there is a gym, fitness studio, shop, and beauty salon and in the pool area, there are various relaxation points, including a hydrotherapy pool, sauna, steam room, other relaxation rooms, ice buckets, cold and hot showers, thermal ceramic bed and a swimming pool – the hotel have really tried to offer its guests as much as it can in such a limited area.

My family joined my boyfriend and me for a meal in the restaurant later on in the evening – we had pre-dinner drinks in the lounge next to the roaring fire in the grandly designed room. We all had the three course dinner menu – the food was beautiful and well presented – the restaurant was a stunning room and with an even better view of the local landscape it made my birthday very special indeed.

Overall, I would definitely recommend the Welcombe Hotel and Spa – it is a lovely hotel to spend a birthday, celebration or merely a relaxing mini-break or a spa break – I would go back again. It is a stunning building too – all the staff were very amenable and friendly.

The hotel is short drive (few minutes) from Stratford and it is in walking distance too. Please ensure you use the correct entrance to the hotel, as there are two and NOT THE GOLF CLUB ENTRANCE.

From someone who organises events and stays in hotels quite frequently, I do tend to spot the negative aspects that other people may overlook (or simply care about), but in reflection I can’t think of any niggling problem with the Welcombe Hotel, so as far as my recommendation is concerned, you can’t go wrong booking this hotel really.

If you have any doubts or question please ask me.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Lisa-Marie1980
Coventry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

A spa day - a back massage, full use of the Spa for half day and lunch on the terrace. What could be better, and the sun shone too! The Spa is lovely, the staff so friendly and welcoming and the hotel is set in lovely grounds. A truly idyllic day and worth every penny. I would recommend this to anyone wanting a little pampering, but book early because this is a very popular hotel and for good reason.