Hallmark Hotel The Welcombe
The White Swan Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
$93
$110
$85
$80
  • Restaurant
Best Western Grosvenor Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)(Great Value!)
$69
$63
Priceline
  • Restaurant
Macdonald Alveston Manor Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
$94
$90
  • Pool
The Stratford, A QHotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
$127
$116
Billesley Manor Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
$94
$82
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Premier Inn Stratford Upon Avon Central Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)(Great Value!)
$81
PremierInn.com
2,225 results
All reviewsvitality poolcountess suitespa facilitiesgolf breakgreat spabeautiful hotelfour posterstately homeupgraded to a suitespa weekendroaring firesteam roomthe main hotelcream teaevening mealchanging roomsstandard room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 27, 2013

From start to finish during a 2 night stay staff were friendly, attentive and helpful. We have stayed here twice before, but not for 4 years. The spa is still wonderful, the bedrooms comfortable and the food is of high quality. The only downside was a closed golf course, but who can control the weather?
The young man who was the maitre d' had a jovial word each time he saw us to the table, took our orders and also during the meal. Menzies should take good care of him, he epitomises hospitality. In addition all of our contact with staff suggested a high level of service
My wife and I and our friends will certainly return.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 27, 2013

We stayed at the Welcombe in February for 2 nights on a DB&B rate. The Hotel stands in extensive grounds including it's own golf course and Spa.The Hotels 4 star rating and 2 rosettes for dining are well justified.Service in all public rooms including reception was near perfect. The evening menu changed daily and we could not fault the quality, breakfast was buffet style and extensive also cooked to order items were available. We could not comment on the standard rooms as we were upgraded to a mini suite on arrival and the quality of furnishing as excellent. We would not hesitate to stay again

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I stayed here years ago when travelling to Stratford and I have always wanted to go back because I have such nice memories of the place so when me and my wife needed to travel to the Midlands on business I took advantage of the opportunity to book in for one night.
The building and the grounds are still breathtaking and the addition of the spar does not spoil this at all, my wife who had not been before was really impressed. The inside of the hotel, especially the main lounge with the big fireplace are stunning and the rooms are really good, the apple TV / computer is a really nice touch.
My wife went to the spa and she loved it, I didn't go (no bathing clothes) but she was really impressed. Dinner in the main restaurant was great with excellent food and service in a romantic setting just as I remembered it.
The only gripe I have is the service in the main lounge of the hotel, this seems a bit of a no mans land between the bar and the restaurant. This room is stunning with a huge open fireplace, we grabbed a place by the fire to enjoy a drink before we went to dinner, we waited for 10 minutes and no one came to take our order even though waiting staff were coming and going from the restaurant. In the end after trying to catch the eye of speeding waitresses we gave up and went to dinner, where the service was excellent. After dinner we tried again with no success and in the end got up and went into the bar, which is another lovely room and found the service to be great in the there. That big lounge is a real asset to the hotel but the staff don't seem to know whose service area it falls into so you get ignored by both. This is not a major gripe but if the management could sort this out with a little training and alignment of duties this hotel would go from extremely good to outstanding, this is not a new problem because it was the same when I stopped here years ago.
Breakfast was amazing, 3 types of eggs, 2 types of sausage and bacon etc all fresh and piping hot and check out was a little slow because everyone was trying to check out together but I was not in a hurry so no problem for me

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed with a mum for just one night as part of a spa package. We were so pleased to see the beautiful surroundings and fabulous gardens just outside our window. The room was lovely, with up to date Apple computer/TV, very clean, comfortable bed and fantastic shower. Service was exceptional in what is a huge hotel. On a busy Saturday they hosted 2 wedding receptions and a 21st birthday party in various rooms. Although these were on, it do not in anyway encroach on our experience with regards to noice etc. Evening meal was lovely, and and can definately recommend the sole. Also enjoyed a bottle of White Zinfandel (rose) for £24 which went down well too. Lots of variety for breakfast and they were able to accommodate my gluten free diet with no difficulty - even had toast. My only tiny down point was that the plates were cold. All in all a beautiful hotel, luxurious lounge, fantastic staff, comfotable room. Enjoyed the spa facilities with lots on offer. Found the Saturday afternoon in the spa a little busy and was not offered a tour to explain what everything did, but the Sunday was much more quieter. Hotel is walking distance to town, once you get down the drive it will take approximately 15-20 minutes to the city centre.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We bought our Father/Father in law for a special 80th celebration. We stayed in the Lady Caroline Suite and it was pure luxury. One massive ensuite and a second bedroom for us. Very large lounge and rooftop terrace/conservatory. Fantastic for summer, this suite was like a very large 2 bedroom apartment. We did not want to leave the suite, never mind the hotel. The parents were delighted with their stay and have come home and told everyone of their 'Welcombe Experience.'

The dining experience is the best ever and we always look forward to the breakfasts which caters for everyone.

We have two more visits booked for March and can't wait to go again. We have a 2 night break booked and a 4 night break. It will be 8 stays since December which included Christmas. We have tried most of the other hotels in Stratford but the 'Welcombe' cannot be beaten.

Room Tip: Treat yourself to an Executive, Four Poster or Suite. They are the ultimate luxury and we never want to go home after the experience.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family