“Excellent food & good value for money”

The Broom Hall Inn Pub
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 22, 2013

We have visited this hostelry before it being close to our home and have always been happy with the menu/food offered/consumed. However we visited to partake of their Xmas menu offering and were most impressed by the quality of the food and value for money. Staff were excellent with nothing too much trouble; special mention to Charlotte the Restaurant Manager who ensures things run smoothly even when fully booked

Reviewed December 8, 2013

The wife and I ate here on Sunday 8 December at lunchtime, we went for the carvery as it`s been advertised on the local radio station.
She had the carvery, i had the veggie option which was a mushroom? tart.

We arrived and was met by a polite and very welcoming member of staff from behind the bar, she showed us to our seat`s and within three minutes the drinks arrived, fantastic service.

She took or food order, the wife had a melon boat, very nice, I had the tomato soup, very nice soup, but the bread was a bit dry and hard at the edges.

The carvery, the meat was very nice and plentyful, the veg, although starting to dry out, it was ok, stuffing balls were quite hard and the roast potatoes, again, tasty, but starting to dry out.
The Mushroom? tart, well, it arrived VERY hot and was very tasty, BUT, it had ONE small medium sized mushroom, cut into quarters, infact, I only had three pieces of mushroom, don`t know what happened to the other quarter!
If the management are advertising a mushroom tart, please feel free to actually add a FEW mushrooms into the tart, not just nearly a whole one, at the price you are charging for the tart, I`m pretty sure you will still make a profit on it if you were to add another three or four mushrooms!
We never had a pudding(I`m sure it was because I was full after eating the part of the mushroom!)
The staff were very good at their jobs and were polite and very quick at the service they provided.

We will be back, but not in a hurry.

Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

Went for a steak last year with my vegetarian girlfriend after we ordered (steak for me) veggie tart for girlfriend £20 bottle if wine, the waiter came out ten minutes after we ordered to say the veggie tart wasn't possible all they had was a Thai Greer curry - fine - however they couldn't have started my steak again as it was supposed to be medium but was cremated!

When I spoke to David [--]proprietor he did apologise but still expected us to pay for the meal we didn't eat! Outrageous. You have been warned about the food!

Reviewed November 2, 2013

After listening to the adverts on the local radio and saying to ourselves we must try the Broom Hall Inn, we finally did today. It may only have been lunch but it was excellent and very reasonably priced. Friendly staff, good food selection and great service. It was nice to be charged a fair price for wine by the glass and not be ripped off. We will be back for an evening meal soon.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

6 of us went for a meal in the restaurant, I have to say we couldn't fault it, food was fab, service was excellent. We will certainly be going back for more