The Arden Hotel
The White Swan Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
$134
  • Breakfast included
$81
$76
$84
  • Restaurant
Billesley Manor Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)(Great Value!)
$178
$111
  • Pool
Macdonald Alveston Manor Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
$178
$85
Agoda.com
Stratford Limes Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
$111
Ettington Park Hotel(Alderminster)
$120
$117
The Stratford, A QHotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
$110
  • Restaurant
Hallmark Hotel The Welcombe(Stratford-upon-Avon)
$125
$121
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Grosvenor Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)(Great Value!)
$87
$68
Priceline
1,231 results
All reviewsthe rivermonkey puzzlechampagne bardirectly opposite the rscwaterside brasseriemaster roomcar parkrsc theatrelovely hotelpre theatreturn down servicefresh milk in the fridgeperfect locationhuge bathroomroyal shakespeare companysuperior roomwalk in shower
Reviewed February 2, 2013

If you're looking for a hotel which is within easy walking distance of the theatre and Stratford upon Avon centre then look no further. In fact the RSC theatre is across the road and the town centre a street away. Often when one stays in a town centre hotel, car parking is limited, or not provided at all, but at the Arden ample guest car parking is available. I think it's free as well!

The hotel has a luxury boutique feel to it but without the pretentiousness which sometimes accompanies hotels in this category. The staff were friendly and welcoming and the guest room, whilst on the small side, was stylish, cosy and well appointed. To get to the room I had to negotiate a number of stairways, which was fine for me as an able bodied person but I'm not sure how someone less able would do so. Definitely worth asking the management before you book.

Breakfast and dinner were served in the Waterside Brasserie. No complaints here about either. The choice, quality and service was as good as I've had anywhere. Unfortunately on the Saturday night I had dinner, the place was empty, other than for one other couple, which was rather surprising. I hate it when staff are standing around waiting for you to finish your course and whisk away your plate.

As I was on a business trip, it was great to have access to Wi-FI in the room, but I'm not sure whether this was complementary or included in my room package.

Al in all a great hotel and definitely one that I will be coming back to.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 31, 2013

The Hotel is superbly situated for the Royal Shakespeare Theatre - the purpose of our stay, and also handy for the town.. We had a superb room opposite the theatre with views over the River Avon. The room was excellently appointed and comfortable with plenty of room in both the room and the bathroom and there was a good choice of beverages on the tea tray. Very friendly and helpful service and the breakfast was very good. I would recommend this Hotel if you are going to visit Stratford upon Avon.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

This is one of best hotels I've stayed in in England. There's a quite elegance about this hotel, the staff were very professional and friendly, the location is perfect for visiting Stratford, easy parking, great breakfasts and the room was clean with all the expected facilities. I would happily stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 26, 2013

We had been to the Arden just after it was refurbished and reopened and were delighted to find that it was even better on this visit.

As soon as we arrived in the car park, a very pleasant porter offered to take our bags from the boot. Our reception was friendly, efficient and very welcoming. Minutes later we were in a lovely room in the old part of the building with a view over the gardens to the river.

The room was pleasant, fresh and nice with pleasant colours, luxurious fabrics, fresh fruit and a superb bathrom.

We had glasses of champagne and a superb pre-theatre meal on the private residents' terrace, walked across the road to the theatre and enjoyed an excellent performance of one of Shakespear's less well known plays. The service in the hotel really was excellent and we felt so comfortable that the staff would get it exactly right that we had no fears that we would be late for the show.

When we went back to the hotel, we had drinks in the private residents bar. It was really comfortable. Pleasantly relaxing armchairs, pleasant decor with a nod towards the theatre and again superb service.

Breakfast was excellent and checkout was a pleasant experience... We really felt that we were sorry to leave!

We liked best the entire experience.

We liked least leaving.

TopTip: one of the best ways to reach the car park is to drive up Bridge Street from the river, take the first left at the roundabout, the second left down Chapel Lane and then the turn right into the hotel car park.

Room Tip: Try to avoid rooms on Chapel Lane.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank twotravellersLondon
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I go to Stratford Upon Avon a good deal and have stayed in a number of hotels and bed and breakfasts. Arden is fab because it is so close to the theatre but also has lovely rooms, excellent food and helpful and friendly staff.Pretty garden area and also lovely al fresco dining area when the sun shines! Would highly recommend it!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends