“Fantastic Italian restaurant” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Il Moro

Il Moro
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Situated in the heart of Stratford upon Avon, 70 yards from Shakespeare's birthplace and 5 minutes from the Theatres, Il Moro is a family run Italian restaurant with a twist. Chef/owner Massimiliano Melis, from the south of Sardinia believes in serving traditional, simple, home-made Italian cuisine but also enjoys the challenge of infusing flavours from his homeland into his dishes. All of our pasta, bread and desserts are hand-made in house, making Il Moro a little bit more than the average Italian restaurant.Within stylish and elegant surroundings, guests can enjoy a glass of prosecco at the bar before dining or weather permitting, a light bite on the roof terrace which affords stunning views across the rooftops of Stratford. Stepping into Il Moro is like stepping into another world - one that is steeped with tradition and has a real authentic feel but is at the same time contemporary and fresh in its approach to food and service.
“Fantastic Italian restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

This is one of the nicest welcomes we have ever received going into a restaurant! The staff were very very polite and helpful with the extensive Italian menu. I have to say the king prawn linguine is the best pasta prawn dish I have ever had and the wine was to die for! I would definitely recommend this restaurant to friends and family. Fantasico!

Visited December 2013
2 Thank Simon C

• Korean first
Stratford-Upon-Avon
“A gem in Stratford upon Avon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

I took my family to this restaurant for an early Christmas lunch, as we were going away over the holidays.
Christine, the proprietor was very helpful in choosing the menu and even offered the Christmas menu early to us.
Since there were 8 of us and a baby, a three course lunch which would offer a good choice was a bit of a challenge.
The menu offered though was interesting enough for everyone to order what each of us wanted.
Dishes like Salmon Carpaccio, Duck Pasta, Fregola Salad, and many more were served beautifully without the frills that some pretentious restaurants do.
The food was delicious without the unnecessary trimmings. It was a wonderful experience in a very relaxed surroundings.
Masimo, the Chef and husband of Christine came out at the end of the meal to say hello to us which gave the experience a more personal touch
Thanks to you both, we had a great pre- Christmas celebration.

Stratford upon Avon
“Il mucho fantastico!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

Friendly service and excellent food at a sensible price. Last minute booking because our usual italian was fully booked, good decision we will be back!

Visited November 2013
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Evening meal for two.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

Dined here after reading reviews and wanting to find a true Italian restaurant.we certainly found it! simple yet cosy surroundings. Staff Helpful with Italian menu which was not extensive but was authentic and good selection to meet different tastes.Food freshly prepared to order pasta was divine, Pizza light crisp best I have had in this country ,good selection of well priced wine .would most definitely eat here in the future.

Peterborough, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“WOW”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

WOW , what a find . This place is amazing . The food was all home made and the service a out of this world . It's just a shame that I don't live locally . Though I was eating on my own as away from home on business. , they made me feel very comfortable . I had the tagliatelle gamberoni , followed by a trio of ice cream . Both were the best I've ever tasted . I will definitely return here when next in the area . Thanks for a great evening

• Visited November 2013