“Excellent” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Spoonfuls - CLOSED

Spoonfuls
Cuisines: British, Cafe, Healthy
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout
Description: Established on 2009 Spoonfuls is a family run cafe which is located on Shrieves walk (Alley way connecting Sheep Street and Bridge Street) in Historic town of Stratford-Upon-Avon. Often referred as Hidden Treasure by our customers. We are fully Licensed and a unique business model which in a Cafe serving snacks, cakes, sandwiches, coffee teas, and other cafe food items from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm and Southern Indian Restaurant serving Southern Indian food from 5.00 om to 11.00 pm.
Gloucester, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

Found this little restaurant along a side street just out of the main shopping area.
Very cosy. Excellent food. Good service. Daily newspapers on the tables to read while you wait. Would definitely recommend and will be going there again when we next visit Stratford.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

“Can be a little slow but the food is fresh and well worth waiting for.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

Delicious food, good value. Obviously freshly cooked so some people might find the waiting time a little long.

Hornchurch, United Kingdom
“Strange reviews”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012

When i first read these reviews i thought they were either fake, or that we were incredibly unlucky. We came for breakfast and it is an absolutley average cafe, clean and plesant enough but a long long way from the perfection alluded to in the other reviews. Perhaps the gourmet chef had a day off when we were there. I had a trad english breakfast and the sausage was one of the lowest grade ones i have had in years, that strange smooth texture only really reminiscent of pork fat. My wife had eggs benedict, a low grade egg with sauce from a jar. To me this a place for an average bacon roll and that is about it.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
jathindranth A, Owner at Spoonfuls, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Thank you for your review and sorry to know that you did not like the cooked breakfast, We often take for granted that a customer enjoyed a meal when there is no issues or leftovers. We would have appreciated if this was told to us during your visit. where possible we source our products locally and so is our sausages and eggs. The sauce on the eggs Benedict is not home made and we have always told our customer when asked. I can assure you that we will only get better in our aim to provide, friendly service, fresh food and a good value for money, and hope you will visit us back to change your opinion. We would take this opportunity to let you know that we are fully licensed and will be opened in evening hours with a restaurant menu. Thanking you once again and look forward to serve you at spoonfuls.
Redditch, United Kingdom
“waited 20 minutes for food in a virtually empty restaurant - so I walked out”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

Working in the town centre, I have eaten at spoonfuls a number of times. Their food is good, the staff are quite pleasant and their prices aren't as high as some places in the town. I only get 30 minutes for lunch but usually this is more than enough time to walk there, order and eat my lunch, and walk back. Today, however, that was not the case at all.

When I got there the place looked fairly empty, with only two tables lacking food. I (rightly) expected these meals to come out before mine. I'd been there 10 minutes before some paninis emerged from the kitchen, and another 10 minutes later I hadn't seen anything else come out. A couple on a table near to me said that they'd been waiting about 30 minutes already so, with only 7 minutes to go before I had to be back at work, I went up to the counter to cancel my order and complain.

Neither the chef (who wasn't cooking. but having a chat with a supplier. At lunchtime. Nice scheduling!) nor the waitress seemed at all bothered that I was cancelling my order and that I was upset. They offered to package it as a takeaway for me, but when was I supposed to eat it?! On the walk back to work?

I would have at least expected them to say 'your cup of tea is on the house' and as a regular customer of theirs I actually expected them to apologise, but I had to pay for my tea (which I'd only drunk half of as I was saving it to drink with my lunch) and I didn't get any kind of an apology.

I'm absolutely furious, not to mention hungry and disappointed. I will NOT be going there again. 20 minutes is a ridiculous amount of time to wait for a cooked breakfast, and I dread to think how long I'd have been kept waiting if I hadn't just have walked out.

I work at a tourist attraction in the town and am constantly asked "where's good for lunch?". Up until today I have recommended Spoonfuls, but I won't bother doing so again.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
jathindranth A, Owner at Spoonfuls, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Thank you very much for reviewing us on Trip advisor, We are sorry that you could not have your freshly cooked breakfast at our cafe cause you had limited time for your lunch break. This could have been avoided if you could have told your waitress about your lunch break and checked if cooked breakfast during lunch session was a possibility. We take at-most care to see that all our food is prepared fresh and therefore a cooked breakfast takes on an average 20 minutes to cook and does not always depend on a busy or quiet restaurant. We work hard to provide a friendly, professional and honest service to our customers at all times and therefore we do not arrange any meetings during our busy operational hours. But we do understand sometimes things could go wrong and its our duty to learn from our mistakes. We value your custom and hope you would accept our sincere apology and would provide us with an opportunity to serve you better. We would also like to announce that spoonfuls is now fully licensed and therefore you could complement your meal with a glass of wine from our wine list. Looking forward to meet you at Spoonfuls. Thanking you once again.
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
“A joy!!! A lovely little cafe in a hidden spot!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

I visited on a Sunday recently and came without my children so was looking for a quiet cafe to relax! Spoonfuls is off the Main Street in stratford and was full of locals. I had a cappuccino and a Thai chicken, goats cheese and satay sauce panini for £4.25 it was Delish!! Such good value, immaculate venue and lovely service! Will return!

jathindranth A, Owner at Spoonfuls, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Thank you very much for reviewing us on Trip advisor, we are glad you liked the Thai Panini and our Prices. We are happy to announce that spoonfuls is now fully licensed and therefore you could now enjoy your meal with a glass of wine from our wine and spirit menu. Looking forward to welcome you back.