“Enjoyable”

The Trevelyan Restaurant
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 23, 2012

My husband and I have just returned from a one night stay and we thought it was fantastic! The spa facilities and staff were wonderfull Far better than most hotels and spas we have visited. The dining room manager was so helpful and most polite and made us very welcome. The rooms were great and the view from our window very pretty (320) if however I had to say this hotel could improve would be to say that I have worked in a hotel and spa on reception for several years and they could have done with more staff, to answer the phone when dealing with a guest is very rude and it happened a lot ! Whilst checking in and out they should have a person in the back office answering all phone calls and dealing with other duties in most cases we only ever saw one person on reception and when it's busy it's very frustrating i feel it would be a better idea to have a checking in area and a seperate area close bye to check out in a very busy and small area of the hotel I feel that needs improving apart from that we will defiantly be returning !!!!!!

Reviewed May 12, 2012

To be honest, I'm surprised to see a negative comment on this site concerning the quality of food and service at this hotel. Perhaps the reviewer had some bad luck.

I've eaten at the Welcombe a few times over the past year or so, but only ever for Sunday lunch. I can categorically state that I have always found the service, the food and the meet and greet to be excellent. The restaurant is very formal in appearance, but it is not at all stuffy and the dress code is relaxed.

The staff in the restaurant are genuinely superb. I have always found them impeccably dressed, attentive and very professional. It is my opinion that they clearly know what they're doing. The lunch itself is also very good and at £25 per head for three courses, given the size of portion and the quality, value for money in comparison to similar local establishments. They also serve several different home made breads with the meal, all of which are lovely.

At the end of the day, I suppose it's down to the individual and their expectations. For me, the Welcombe Hotel for Sunday lunch, is a delight across the board.

3  Thank OscarWarwickshire
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Used to be a member for about 2 years. Really gorgeous Spa atmosphere, my only bugbear is that over the years, I noticed the showers getting a bit limescaly and they need a bit of a polish up. My only other moan would be that often either the steam room or the outside spa shower is out of order. Other than that, top class.

Reviewed December 21, 2010

We have eaten here many times and generally stay at least twice a Year. It has changed hands/Management Teams several times over the past few years and some have performed better than others. Overall it is a pleasure to go here. The Restaurant is fairly formal but serves lovely food at very reasonable prices. More casual Bar Snacks can be enjoyed in the huge Lounge and Bar area. Very popular for Weddings and Functions and so can sometimes get very busy - at other times it is quiet enough for you to think that you have arrived at your very own Private Country House! Well worth a Trip.....truly lovely!

Reviewed March 27, 2010

Lovely restaurant . Service superb - nothing too much trouble. Eaten here several times and always very good