“Almost perfect”

Travelodge Stratford Upon Avon
Reviewed January 22, 2014

The location of this Travelodge was close to the town. The bedroom and bathroom were immaculate. The staff were very accommodating and cheerful. We didn't eat there and therefore cannot comment on the food.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

The Hotel was within walking distance of the town with the added advantage of plenty of free parking.
The room was clean and spacious with a comfortable double bed.The rooms have recently been refurbished . A good starting point to visit Shakespeare's Warwick.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

Oh dear, what a let down. I know its an inexpensive hotel chain but I do expect some decent basics. Having stayed in plenty of Travelodges across UK, this was poorest yet. On the plus size it was very handy for Stratford and Warwick, easy to find and just across the road from shops/Tesco/eating houses. Plenty of free parking was were the good ends. The bad? messy and unkempt reception, and, sorry to say, staff. strange people loitering in the open plan bar area who followed us through when we used our card to open the door, My husband challenged her, she insisted her partner was "staying upstairs" but we suspected this was a ploy. Did not feel secure, could hear people milling about all night. The bar area was shabby, like a truckers canteen, all plastic and bright lights, did not want to eat there. I asked what time the bar was open until and was told, when the last guest leaves or I f there is trouble? I asked if there was trouble and he said " all the time". ! Blimey! The room was not much better. It had not really been cleaned, more looked over. No loo roll, floor was bitty and water in the kettle. Heater blasting away made it stuffy. Only one plug socket worked so we had to alternate kettle with hairdryer/charger etc. The other crackled and fizzed. There was marks all over the walls, bits under the bed, coffee/tea stains up wall and freshish fag stumps on the window edge outside the room ( we were on 2nd floor) The signage heralded that this Travelodge has been refurbished with a "fresh new look". Really?? Well we want to go back to Stratford/Warwick bit will look elsewhere for a place to stray. We did not eat in the hotel, again, the dinning area looked unkempt and there seemed to be all sorts of waifs and strays wandering about. The plastic chairs and Formica tables looked dirty and not a comfortable appealing public area at all, the mounted TV blasting away full volume, I think only the reception staff had the benefit of it. Im glad we booked early and got the cheapest price possible but, as it stands, this place wasn't worth it, I wold pay more and go elsewhere. Bathroom floor was thick with dust behind the door. Its a shame, the most recent Travelodge in Liverpool I stayed was IMMACULATE, I think the staff from Stratford should go there and see how a budget hotel should be run,kept and maintained.

Room Tip: Book elsewhere.
1  Thank coweejuk
TravelodgeUK, Sophie from Customer Services at Travelodge Stratford Upon Avon, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

We are sorry to learn of your disappointment coweejuk. We can confirm that we would expect all staff to be helpful and friendly during your stay, we are sorry to learn that you did not find this to be the case. We would also like to apologise that you encountered cleanliness issues at the hotel, when guests enter a room we would expect it to be cleaned to a specific high standard. Our housekeeping team follow a regular routine in the cleaning and preparation of a room. We’d like to be able to contact you to find a resolution. In order for us to do this please could you visit our website and use the Contact Us button to tell us more and when doing so please indicate you have left a TripAdvisor review.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

The toilet and basin were clean but the grouting around the tiles and tray in the shower were not clean. In the shower room the floor corners were not clean. Don't expect a shower/bath mat or any shower gel or shampoo. Just one very little peice of soap. Only one hard plastic chair in the bedroom and no cushion. Very small tv with very little choice of chanels. Adequate convector heater. No bedside tables.

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
TravelodgeUK, Amy from Customer Care at Travelodge Stratford Upon Avon, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2014

We are sorry to learn of your disappointment Artur W. Our housekeeping staff follow a specific routine when cleaning a room and we would expect our rooms and bathrooms to be up to a great standard so it is regrettable to learn you found the bathroom was unclean on this occasion. We feel we provide all that is needed for a great night sleep which will include a warm and cosy bed, a clean room and bathroom, a functional TV and tea and coffee facilities. As a brand standard we do not provide toiletries however we do have a vending machine at reception which will provide extra toiletries if you have forgotten any items. We will be sure to pass on your feedback to the hotel management team so that they are able to address the issues you have raised regarding the cleanliness of the room. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

This and most of the UK Travelodge hotels I have stayed in represent clean, comfortable and easy access at very good value. A small number in city centres have no or difficult to access private parking.

Room Tip: Always check if parking is easily available and at what cost.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 8, 2014

My wife and I arrived on Christmas Eve as we have many times before.
On Christmas morning I had to ask Mark the manager to call a Paramedic as my wife was unwell. The Doctor from the hospital called an Ambulance and my wife was taken into Warwick hospital.
The staff at the Travelodge could not have been more helpful. I had to add 4 extra nights stay at the hotel. Because of the situation I had to have food in the restaurant. I was pleasantly surprised by the value and quality of these meals knowing that they were from frozen.
I found I needed to leave the hotel and return home on New Years Day.
I had two lots of luggage to cope with as my wife was still in hospital and couldn't be given a date for her discharge, Mark very kindly brought all my luggage down and put it in my car for me, (I am Disabled).
During my stay the staff looked after my needs and helped cheer me up
when ever they were about. After returning home my Wife arrived home from hospital on the 7th January 2014.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the car park tend to a bit quieter than on the Birmingham Road frontage.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Easy to find, newly reburbished, really pleasant helpful staff, bar, tasty breakfast and at £33 per night amazing value for money. Best Travelodge I have visited and would thoroughly recommend. will revisit

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo