We found this pub by chance on a Saturday we walked in to see they had got 4 real ales on. only for 3 of them to be turned round not in use. so we decided to try the admans which was on offer the landlady tried to pour us 2 pints which took nearly 5 mins.we paved the 6.60 which is the going rate we decided to sit down out the way as people where eating chips at the bar bought from the chipshop across the road.
We took a sip out of the drinks both looked at each other in horror. it was flat smelt of sulphur and tasted like dish water.
At this point we took it back spoke to the landlady who qt this point was running the same pump out with water and the landlord was taking the front of the pump.
We explained what the problem was and was met with abuse saying if you don't like it leave it.
We was also told it was a new barrel gone on in the afternoon and other ppl had drunk it with no complaints. We did it was unthinkable and we would like to change it for something else at this point the hill billys sat in the corner started laughing at us and edging the landlady on.
At this point she said we had paid for our beer we could either drink it as it was or leave the pub.
So we decided to thank her for the customer skills and hospitality we had received and left the beer and the pub
Avoid at all costs. 1 of the worst pubs I've ever been in for the welcoming and hospitality.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Queens Head has 5 basic bedrooms in picturesque Stratford-upon-Avon. All rooms are en-suite and complete with tea/coffee making facilities, bedding and towels. Prices are as follows: Single room - £50.00 per nigh, Double room - £70.00 per night, Twin room - £70.00 per night, Family room - £100.00 per night (includes 1 x double bed and 1 x single). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and Hotels.com so you can book your The Queens Head Pub & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Queens Head Hotel Stratford-Upon-Avon
- The Queens Head Pub & Hotel Stratford-Upon-Avon, England