“Open when others are closed.”
Review of The Food of Love

The Food of Love
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 28, 2013

We searched for somewhere to have a cup of tea in Stratford, around tea time and discovered what we have often discovered in other parts of England - that places close down at tea time! The Food of Love, however, is open when all others are closed and was a welcome stop for a pot of tea and something to eat.

5  Thank Hilary018

Reviewed April 21, 2013

The food was absolutely delicious although it took some time to make and the service was wonderful. The servers were very nice and took into account that we were in a hurry and put our order as their top priority. The only problem was the door was opened leaving a cold draft but over all the grilled vegetable and cheese crepe was to die for and the ice cream tantalizing!

1  Thank mlmb41796
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Went here for a quick lunch. Our group had sweet and savoury crepes, paninis, and ice cream. for the cheap cost of the food it was magnificent. It's on the main street and you can see the house where Shakespeare grew up in from it! Also, even though you order at a counter, the servers are incredibly personable. We really wanted desserts but only had 15 minutes, so we asked the server if we had time and he made SURE that our orders came out quickly. Definitely go here.

5  Thank abrinnel
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Arrived in Stratford just before noon and decided to go straight for something to eat. This was really the first place that caught our eye and I'm rather glad it did. A quick check of the menu showed a good range of the usual plus a few other delights, the crepes being particularly seducing! So we ventured in, myself, my wife and our 2yr old boy in his fairly sizable pushchair. However the staff were more than happy to accomodate us making a little extra space next to a suitable table. We browsed the menu and I went to order, a panini, a baguette, an organic ginger beer and a hot chocolate with all the trimmings. I also ordered us a sweet crepe each for after. I was going to have the banana and chocolate, but it turned out they were out of bananas. This was swiftly resolved by the offer of the strawberry and ice cream crepe, with added chocolate at a discounted cost! The food was good and flavoursome and clearly prepared with fresh ingredients. The staff were friendly and helpful and the toilets were pleasant and clean. During our meal I then realised it is ideally situated straight opposite the entrance to the birthplace of William Shakespeare. Soon the place was packed but, while the staff were busy, they remained efficient and in control. Most of all though, the pan cake was DIVINE! We enjoyed it and if I return to Stratford I would make it a point to eat again at The Food Of Love.

3  Thank ruftytuftydiver
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Give the coffee chains that proliferate throughout these islands a wide berth and treat yourself to some good basic grub.

I had the jacket potato with beans and bacon - very filling and warming on a cold day. I did not have room for any dessert.

The hot chocolates (one each) were a bit on the thin side - should have had coffee.

Still a nice family run place to stop for a quick bite.