“Our Favourite”

The Cross at Kenilworth
Ranked #2 of 63 Restaurants in Kenilworth
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Bus Stop on New Street
Description: The Cross, Kenilworth is a pub restaurant serving excellent food, cooked by award winning chefs. The Cross started out as an inn back in the 19th century and was recently refurbished to reveal its original features. Expect a warm welcome, friendly service and stunning dishes, cooked using the very best local ingredients.
Kenilworth, United Kingdom
“Our Favourite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

Every time we have a special occasion we come here, we just find it difficult to try anywhere else when it's so good here!
I love the fact the menu changes as the seasons do, there is always something to try and the quirky combinations allows me to try new things.
I just can't for our next visit!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Bjbarker

• Korean first
Australian Capital Territory, Australia
“Highly recommended”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Kenilworth has many eating places and I can highly recommend The Cross.

Even though my friend and I didn't have a reservation, the staff were good enough to get us a table without much delay.

I have a fondness for chips so the haddock and chips was very delicious. The staff were prompt and judging from the number of patrons, The Cross is very popular.

I wish there were more places like this around the UK!

• Visited March 2013
Birmingham
“Poor experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

Thought we would drop in for a quick light lunch.
we ordered olives for nibbles these were OK!
My wife ordered a Salmon starter as a main and I ordered Celeriac Pasta.
During the wait for far more time than these dishes should take to prepare we observed one of the cooks in the kitchen licking his fingers YUK! after dishing up what looked like mashed potato yet carried on touching more food and other plates about to go out to the tables ; another cook made himself a "butty" and ate it whilst serving the orders UGH!.
This behaviour completely killed my appetite and we cancelled our order explaining our disapproval and offered to pay for the drinks and the Olives.
The duty manager to his credit did not allow us to pay. I would point out that although this was a kind gesture it does not make up for a waste of time and no lunch.

The restaurant was not busy except for one very large table (possibly 16) which was obviously overwhelming their ability to give good service to other customers (us).

This does not excuse sloppy unhygienic behaviour in the kitchen. I suggest someone reminds the kitchen staff they are serving the public and have a responsibility to protect the customers health as well as serve good food. They are not on a TV programme but they are in the public eye!! If that's what they do in front of the customer what goes on that we cannot see?

Shame as we have had good experiences before (we think!!) and it is a very nicely presented restaurant.

So come on The cross sort it out don't join the ever increasing number of food outlets that look on the customer as just another wallet or purse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank FrederickP356
Essex
“Exceeded our expectations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

A lovely little restaurant, the food really was the best I've had in a very long time (and I eat out quite a lot). All four of us really enjoyed the food, we would definitely recommend! Ask to sit upstairs (which is really on the ground level, as the rest of the restaurant is downstairs) as the upstairs part was smaller with a nicer ambience with an open fire.

Visited March 2013
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

Been half a dozen or so time over the last year or two.
Always excellent food and definitely a place to celebrate a birthday or similar.
outdoor seating area is great during the summer.
would definitely recommend booking during the weekend.

• Visited August 2012