See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 1, 2017 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights on a business trip. Well it's awful . The doors getting in are a nightmare. The reception area is a dump. The room was dirty and horrible. All it would take is a bit of basic DIY and paint and new carpets etc and to clean it better and it could be nice. It's an embarrassment to Kenilworth

Date of stay: June 2017
Reviewed June 10, 2017 via mobile

This hotel and I have been to many is by far the worst I have ever stayed in so bad was the hotel that if I'd had the opportunity leave I would have. Unfortunately colleagues were staying in the area and this was the last place we could get rooms so that was the reason we had to stay here, but it was almost unbearable.

Reception was empty, by empty I mean by having no glasses drink or food - we were told we could have something but at their sister hotel 500 m up the road. We had also been telephoned earlier in the day and told we could have not have breakfast here but could have it in the hotel 500 m up the road also! It was only when we arrived at the sister hotel to have some breakfast and told this will be an additional £10 normally but £5 to us as we had been told it was included in the price!!

The hotel itself is a little bit creepy as after we had checked in and paid and seen the awful rooms - there was no one about even the reception simply had a sign on it saying this hotel is closed. The whole place was run down and very dated and to be honest should not even be open as a hotel - but the room which we had been allocated was by far the worst I have ever been offered in a hotel, and for the ridicules price of £85!!! Shockingly if we had paid £10 for the breakfast it would have been a total of £95!! The photos I will attach do not give justice to how bad this place was and the dead spiders and marks on the carpet, stains on the walls and worst the stained mattress I cannot believe this could be appetising on websites such as Booking.com.

I should have realised when there was no pictures posted on their website shared with the interior that we should have stayed away but that was not the case we have left today however I will not be returning ever!!

Date of stay: June 2017
Reviewed March 21, 2017

Majestic and reeks of "cool" in the sense that, despite it grandeur, it is very understated. It has a "bygone" era quality to it which is what I really like. The island is great and just adds to the total experience. This is a one-of-a-kind resort. Not many like this left. You will not be disappointed.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed November 19, 2016 via mobile

Having read some of the negative reviews, I was dismayed that comments included "awful" and "don't bother".
I found the Grand Hotel to be clean, comfortable and warm.
I took a hot water bottle on the advice of another reviewer but didn't need it!
I Paid £53 for my room, I believe I got what I paid for.

Date of stay: November 2016
1  Thank Julia W
Reviewed November 6, 2016

We booked 5 rooms for a family reunion & we stayed in the waverley wing. The furnishings were lush & the bathrooms were spotless, though the decor needed refreshing. The breakfasts were excellent & the chef/manager/waiter couldn't do enough to help us. Although our reception wasn't manned all the time, this did not impact badly on our stay as they were only 2 minutes away at the end of a phone. Good value for money and very helpful staff.

Date of stay: September 2016