“FIRST CLASS GUEST HOUSE”
Review of Abbey Guest House

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Abbey Guest House
Ranked #6 of 8 Kenilworth B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 19, 2012

After working in the Travel Industry for 25yrs I am very critical when needs be and wanted ... LOCATION .. CLEANLINESS .. GOOD FOOD AND A FRIENDLY HOST, and thats exactly what I got at The Abbey. A comfortable bed .. clean sheets and towels etc in my ensuite room which included a plasma TV .. a cosy guest lounge again with large plasma TV, spotless decor .. and everything you could wish for on the breakfast menu from yogurt/ fresh friut/cereal to a full English. Perfect location for Stratford/Warwick/NEC and Coventry ... only 100 yds from the High St were you can find quaint pubs and a choice of smart restaurants from Thai to Indian, Chinese and ofcourse Fish + Chips. ... EXCELLENT

Paul Boden

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank PAUL B

Reviewed June 10, 2012

We stayed recently for a week with our young baby (I was travelling for work and my family came along). The welcome was warm and David was extremely accommodating - we had a baby bed in the room and to keep things simple, we often ate takeout in our room or the livingroom area, and David lent us utensils for this. Lots of little things added up to a big help in making travel with a baby less stressful.

The breakfasts were excellent, with high quality ingredients, choice of five different options (English breakfast, pancakes, omlette, and others I forget).

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 30, 2012

We stayed at the Abbey Guest house for one night. We parked on the drive.
It is in a fantastic location being just back from the main street and all the local pubs and restaurants are just a stroll/stagger away! The room was adequate and has everything you need for a short stay. It has traditional decor with wood chip walls. The bed was very comfortable and the bedding fresh and clean.
We didnt have the best welcome as it was a young girl who gave us a key and the only words she said was "what time do you want breakfast!". But let me asure you the breakfast was PERFECT. We met David the following morning and he was most welcoming and had the right mix between freindly and professional. The menu was very varied, i had fresh fruits,yoghurt and then eggs benidict which was cooked to perfection. My husband had the full english which was a belly burster. He said the sausage was really nice. There were other items such as fresh salmon on the menu. This is a breakfast menu that surpasses other B&Bs and hotels in the area.
This B&B is good value for money and we will visit again when we are in the area.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bankrupt2
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Enjoyed my stay here, nice room, lovely bed, excellent breakfast.
Friendly host. Quiet area.
Will recommend we stay here when we do other conferences at Warwick Uni.
I would stay here with my husband if we ever come up to see the castle and surrounding areas.
Kennilworth lovely place for places to eat.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 14, 2012

This guest house is situated in a perfect location, closed to the city centre and in a very calm area. The rooms are lovely and very clean. The host is very nice and friendly. And they serve a fantastic breakfast! I will definitely recommend it as my experience was great!

Room Tip: The rooms at the second floor are the most cozy ones
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 7, 2012

I stayed here to attend a seminar at the University of Warwick and here are the pluses:

1. Hosts: Very nice and warm
2. Location: About 5-mins walk to the bus-stop. Easy access to the University and Coventry town
3. Food: Breakfast only but they make really nice breakfasts. This was one of the nicest parts of my stay
4. Rooms: Very clean and fresh and all ensuite.
5. Internet: Complimentary Wifi even in my room (You pay for this in Ibis and Holiday Inn hotels!!)
6. Check-In: I got to the location quite earlier, but had called to inform the hosts in advance and they received my luggage while i went off to town. Convenient i would say.

The only minus was that the single room i stayed in was rather small. This was not much of an issue for the amount i paid and i would frankly not mind staying in the same room again if i'm on a budget.

I would highly recommend this lovely Bed & Breakfast hotel

Room Tip: If you are particular about room size, then don't go for the single rooms. Pay the little extra...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed April 20, 2012

Excellent location, friendly host offering good service. Could work a bit more on cleanliness.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business