I stayed here last night with my girlfriend and we managed to find a double room on late rooms for £59 last minute. When we were arrived we were impressed by the drive through the grounds leading to reception, rabbits littered the lawn and the surrounding trees were lovely. When we arrived at reception we spoke to a young lady who gave us the same price as we saw online without the faff of booking it on the iphone, she was genuine and helpful and told us about the swimming pool and sauna (open till 10pm!) and showed us to our room. The room, a standard double, had a big bed and the bath managed to fit us both in too, all the cosmetics were made by The White Company and the shower was high quality with great pressure, made by Grohe, which according to my brother (ex-bathroom salesman) is a premium high quality brand.
The pool was great and the sauna was just incredible for the price, there were clean towels and shower gels in the changing rooms as well as the normal hair dryer etc. It was even more impressive in my opinion that there was a free swimming costume loan available as my girlfriend didn't have a costume, and i thought we wouldn't be able to make full use of the pool.
The bed was also extremely comfortable for us and the room also had a tv and ipod dock/radio alarm clock thing that came in handy. The FREEEEEEE breakfast that was included in our room price was also great with full english/continental options and excellent coffee and tea.
There was also a stack of free bottled water and biscuits etc. near reception that you could grab on your way out the door which was great for the car journey the next day, there is also a well equipped nice bar with a lot of personality that is very reasonably priced.
I stayed here as a couple and every time that i need to stay in Kenilworth i will stay here again, and i hope to see the same staff if i do because they were so welcoming, I have never stayed anywhere that was better value for money than this.
The accommodation building was separate from the reception and was not a beautiful building and maybe a little tired around the edges, but for us that gave the place even more pluck and made it more of a gem to us.
They even had toothbrush and toothpaste for sale, good quality ones too for only a pound for the brush and £1.50 for the toothpaste, again so refreshing that they aren't trying to suck every penny out of you.
I will stay there whenever i need to go anywhere within a 20 mile radius of Kenilworth
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Woodside is an Edwardian mansion set within 32 acres of grounds and enjoys a quiet woodland location on the outskirts of Kenilworth in Warwickshire. The 74 en-suite bedrooms which are housed in accommodation buildings adjacent to the main house, are individually decorated and beautifully appointed. Each room is fully equipped with hot drink facilities, an alarm clock-radio with iPod docking station, a television and toiletries from the Gilchrist and Soames 'BeeKind` range. Your stay also includes free Wi-Fi, use of the fitness room and pool, free parking on-site and unlimited tea and coffee. Food is prepared daily by the award-winning team of chefs and is served in two restaurants - The Mulberry Brasserie and The Orchard. The Parson`s Folly bar is the perfect place to enjoy a snack or relax with a drink. There are a range of leisure facilities including an indoor swimming pool, fitness suite, croquet lawn,tennis court and a 9 hole pitch`n`putt golf course which is complimentary to guests. Woodside`s 32 acres also offer an idyllic setting for walking and jogging. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Woodside Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Woodside, a Sundial Group Venue Hotel Kenilworth
- Woodside Hotel Kenilworth, Warwickshire