I had a lovely large room here on the ground floor. Nice decor. Although don't have glass bedside lamps if no one is going to dust them! Good wide screen TV but it was fixed to a wall at right angles to the bed so not the greatest position! There are no nets on the windows and the maids leave the blinds up so anyone passing by can look in. Very disappointing bathroom - my colleagues had much nicer ones - mine was no more than I would expect from a travelodge, except that there were large chunks of enamel missing from the bath exposing black underneath.
My colleagues had trouble getting hot water for showers in the morning. I was fine though and the shower was nice. It seems best to wait till around 7:20 for a hot shower.
Breakfast was good although they ran out of eggs much too quickly. I do like the fact that bottled water and biscuits are replaced in the rooms every day and also freely available outside the breakfast room every day along with fruit.
I enoyed using the swimming pool and sauna. It's basic admittedly but I had it to myself pretty much every evening. The lights come on when you walk in to the swimming area and you switch the sauna on yourself - i liked the freedom of it.
We enjoyed dinner in the restaurant one evening and that was very good - they had a great waiter too. Very personable and fun.
My only real gripe was that a family with children moved in to the room above me - and that was it. I could hear every little thing and they kept me awake half the night. They were using the sofa bed and there was a noise like ping pong being played all night. Not great when your'e on trade show business I can tell you!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Woodside is an Edwardian mansion set within 32 acres of grounds and enjoys a quiet woodland location on the outskirts of Kenilworth in Warwickshire. The 74 en-suite bedrooms which are housed in accommodation buildings adjacent to the main house, are individually decorated and beautifully appointed. Each room is fully equipped with hot drink facilities, an alarm clock-radio with iPod docking station, a television and toiletries from the Gilchrist and Soames 'BeeKind` range. Your stay also includes free Wi-Fi, use of the fitness room and pool, free parking on-site and unlimited tea and coffee. Food is prepared daily by the award-winning team of chefs and is served in two restaurants - The Mulberry Brasserie and The Orchard. The Parson`s Folly bar is the perfect place to enjoy a snack or relax with a drink. There are a range of leisure facilities including an indoor swimming pool, fitness suite, croquet lawn,tennis court and a 9 hole pitch`n`putt golf course which is complimentary to guests. Woodside`s 32 acres also offer an idyllic setting for walking and jogging. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Woodside Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Woodside, a Sundial Group Venue Hotel Kenilworth
- Woodside Hotel Kenilworth, Warwickshire