“Good except for noisy neighbours”
Review of Woodside Hotel

Woodside Hotel
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Kenilworth
Salisbury, United Kingdom
“Good except for noisy neighbours”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I had a lovely large room here on the ground floor. Nice decor. Although don't have glass bedside lamps if no one is going to dust them! Good wide screen TV but it was fixed to a wall at right angles to the bed so not the greatest position! There are no nets on the windows and the maids leave the blinds up so anyone passing by can look in. Very disappointing bathroom - my colleagues had much nicer ones - mine was no more than I would expect from a travelodge, except that there were large chunks of enamel missing from the bath exposing black underneath.
My colleagues had trouble getting hot water for showers in the morning. I was fine though and the shower was nice. It seems best to wait till around 7:20 for a hot shower.
Breakfast was good although they ran out of eggs much too quickly. I do like the fact that bottled water and biscuits are replaced in the rooms every day and also freely available outside the breakfast room every day along with fruit.
I enoyed using the swimming pool and sauna. It's basic admittedly but I had it to myself pretty much every evening. The lights come on when you walk in to the swimming area and you switch the sauna on yourself - i liked the freedom of it.
We enjoyed dinner in the restaurant one evening and that was very good - they had a great waiter too. Very personable and fun.
My only real gripe was that a family with children moved in to the room above me - and that was it. I could hear every little thing and they kept me awake half the night. They were using the sofa bed and there was a noise like ping pong being played all night. Not great when your'e on trade show business I can tell you!!

Room Tip: Get a room on the top floor and bother everyone below you, or don't take the chance and avoid en...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
JerryToth, General Manager at Woodside Hotel, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank you Lou M for your review of Woodside. We appreciate you taking the time to do so. We were very disappointed to read that your experience was not up to our usual high standard and as we take all feedback seriously we will look to address the points you raised. Thank you for your positive comments regarding the refreshment items, leisure facilities and dinner. We do hope you would consider staying with us again to give us an opportunity to demonstrate our high standards throughout every part of your stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Very old building with paper walls and ceilings. Impossible to sleep if you are on a work trip.
I you want to rest choose another location. You can perfectly hear all your neighbours conversations, walking, shower, even when they plug something in the wall.

Room Tip: dont choose room 20 if you have guest in the upper floor and you want to sleep.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank v i
JerryToth, General Manager at Woodside Hotel, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
We are so dissapointed to read that your recent stay with us at Woodside was an unsatisfactry experience due to noise. We do hope that you will give us the oppertunity to welcome you back if you are visiting this part of the country again in the near future to expereince a more positive stay .
Chelmsford, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I stay away on Business every week and book regularly into the Woodside. The accommodation is excellent and the food very well prepared whether you in the the main Resturant or the Bar / Brasserie.

The staff are very welcoming and always available to either provide advice and guidance, or just have a friendly conversation. Nothing is to much for anyone here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
JerryToth, General Manager at Woodside Hotel, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you for taking time to wright this reveiw. We are so pleased that you enjoy staying at Woodside on such a regular basis. Our standard of customer service and attention to detail is something that we pride ourselves on and are always continuing to try to improve
We look forward to your next visit in the very near future.
Northampton, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We visited Woodside with our daughter, son-in-law to be, and his parents. The purpose of the visit was to sample the wedding menu so the bride (daughter) and groom could finalise their wedding Breakfast food choice. Although we arrived on a dark and gloomy Saturday evening, the hotel was artfully lit and looked stunning.
The reception we received was splendid, the staff were friendly and helpful and answered all our questions. We were shown typical bedrooms and the Bridal Suite, all were warm and pleasantly decorated. The whole venue seemed smart but comfortable and spacious.
Now to the food........"mmmm", "tasty", "oh wow", "yummy", were a few of the comments from our table. We ate with gusto (and boy, us Holmes are greedy!), but couldn't clear our plates. After coffee and truffles (and sneaky undoing of buttons) we concluded the evening a total delight, and now we have the wedding itself to look forward to in March at Woodside.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
JerryToth, General Manager at Woodside Hotel, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you for posting such a positive reveiw we are so pleased you enjoyed our facilites and your Wedding Breakfast trial meal. i do hope the weather is better for the wedding in March so that you can enjoy our beautiful grounds we have at Woodside.We look forward to welcoming you back for your important family event .
Preston, England
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I am on a mandated company course requiring a number of off-site training modules. We had previously used another hotel/conference facility (not in this location) but following numerous complaints the course was re-located to the Woodside conference centre. In all, this is a vast improvement, the food here is excellent and never-ending if you include the snacks! Served by very friendly staff. There is also a old-fashioned bar serving one hand-pulled real ale (although this ran out on the first night).

The rooms are fine and the reception staff very helpful. On my first night I was in a ground-floor room and the room above was occupied by somebody who was walking up and down across some squeaky floorboards all evening and again in the early hours of the next day, hence my sleep was badly disburbed. But I had no problem changing rooms the next day. The only down-side to both bedrooms was that the beds were far too soft for my liking (admittedly, a personal thing).

There is a small gym and a pool (I didn't see this so don't know how big it is). There is nothing else in the area so you'll need to walk a mile or so to the centre of Kenilworth.

Our departure was brought forward due to the bad snow and the hotel provided us all with packed lunches to help us on our way, which was a nice touch.

For our purposes Woodside is excellent, as well as being 100 miles nearer to home!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
JerryToth, General Manager at Woodside Hotel, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thank you for taking time to wright this positive reveiw following your recent stay at Woodside. We are so pleased that you enjoyed our facilities and customer service and we hope you are able to visit woodside in the near future weather it be for leisure or business purposes.
Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

Just spent a few days here as part of a workshop. Rooms good, bed comfy, pillows soft - I was a bit cold on the first night but requested a blanket and it was on my bed for me when I returned in the evening from my workshop. Facilities on site for the workshop were excellent - good media, refreshments well stocked, lovely afternoon cakes. The food - breakfast was hot which after spending many conferences suffering a lukewarm breakfast, this was greatly appreciated. Lunch was a good selection and I can recommend the cold meats and salad. Dinner had a good choice - mushroom stroganoff was very tasty, carrot, ginger and orange soup was fantastic and chicken supreme was good. The bar was welcoming and reasonably priced. no complaints about costs and this is from a tight Cumbrian! The workshop was cut short today due to the adverse weather and the fact many delegates had a fair travel ahead of them and to my surprise, the venue made packed lunches for those of us who wanted them for the journey home. Never had service like that before!
Returning in April for next workshop and hoping the weather is nice so that I can explore the grounds and maybe play pitch and putt.
Looking forward to April.
Thank you.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
JerryToth, General Manager at Woodside Hotel, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you for your positive feedback following your recent visit to Woodside. We are so pleased that you enjoyed our facilities and level of customer service.We look forward to welcoming you back in April when you attend the next workshop and hope that you can enjoy better weather and the beautiful grounds and outdoor facilites that we have..
United Kingdom
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I stayed here as part of a conference and must say for this purpose the venue and facilities are good. Regarding hotel accommodation this was not so good, my room was small and sleep quality was very poor. The accommodation is set in an out building and the ground floor room I was allocated was very noisy due to people going about their business on the second floor. The room was very small and also cold due to the cold spell of weather we were having, having only a tiny radiator. The walls of the accommodation are so thin that I could hear everything the people were saying next door at normal conversational levels. The hotel food and service was not particularly good with a lack of choice, small portions and expensive drinks. In addition my request for an off menu breakfast item was just forgotten.

1 Thank WM-Travel
JerryToth, General Manager at Woodside Hotel, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Thank you for taking time to leave feedback following your recent stay at Woodside.It was dissapointing to read that your sleep was interupted and your request from the breakfast menu was missed, as customer service and meeting our guests expectations are key to our success I do hope that we have the oppertunity to welcome you back in the near future to experience the high standard of service Woodside always strive to offer .
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kenilworth
Highgate House Hotel
#4 of 7 in Kenilworth
Coombe Abbey Hotel
Coombe Abbey Hotel
#3 of 39 in Coventry

Been to Woodside Hotel? Share your experiences!