“In a word - excellent”
Review of Woodside Hotel

Woodside Hotel
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Kenilworth
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Nice people, nice place .... Just a shame they"re having to cut down that lovely tree in the car park!

• Stayed: June 2012
JerryToth, General Manager at Woodside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2012

Thank you for your brief but very positive feedback regarding Woodside and our staff.

It was sad to see the tree felled but there was no other real option informed to us by our local tree surgeon as it became a health & safety issue not only to our guests but also to their parked vehicles situated in our car park due to the risk of falling branches.

I do hope you can visit Woodside in the future and I agree that we are very lucky to be situated in such wonderful grounds.

Reviewed July 11, 2012

We stayed here for one night whilst attending a conference at the nearby Chesford Grange Hotel. We were very impressed as we pulled up and the electric gates opened for us and the grounds were delightful. We pulled up to a lovely listed building where we checked in and then we were sent to an outbuilding where our accommodation awaited.
The carpets were stained and the curtains and headboard, a putrid orange colour. The room was incredibly outdated. The actual facilities in the room were good.
I was quite surprised that as a single lady traveller, to be placed on the ground floor. Generally hotels are good at recognising this especially as it was warm and I didn't feel comfortable to have the window open.
The shower was nice and powerful and the White Company toiletries were a nice touch.
I didn't have breakfast so I can't comment on that.
All in all, OK for a 1 night business stop but would not choose to stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Woodside. I apologise for the fact that your bedroom was not allocated on the first floor as it is standard at Woodside to allocate such a room as you correctly stated in your feedback for a single lady travelling on their own.

It was disappointing to read that you felt your bedroom was outdated however I am pleased that you noted the facilities in the bedroom and the bathroom amenities were of a good standard.

I hope that you will consider Woodside in the future when you are visiting this area next.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

For what l wanted which was somewhere to rest my head at the end of a long day supporting a local charity event this hotel fitted my needs exactly.

The setting of the Woodside is delightful, a building with character inside lovely grounds with rabbits, tennis court etcetera. Rooms are in a separate building which is more modern and houses the pool, sauna

The room was very comfortable, although it was a little musty and needed a bit of air, had all the necessary facilities and included very nice (White Company) bath and shower gels. A little more thought could be put into the placement of these items as the bath/shower gel is out of reach behind the fixed shower screen and unreachable too if you are sitting in the bath. However these were minor points.

Meals are taken inside the main building, breakfast was well cooked and included the everything one might want.

Staff very welcoming and helpful.

Overall, this hotel (for me) fitted the bill. I would not consider it a destination hotel i.e. somewhere you wanted to spend huge amounts of time but a place to be used if exploring the surrounds.

Room Tip: I stayed in Room 20 which was on the ground floor. l got the feeling it is not used much - faciliti...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Carrie R

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your stay.

I am pleased that we met so many expectations regarding your short visit to Woodside and I hope you were able to make use of our facilities and enjoy the lovely grounds which you have commented on.

I am also pleased that our team of staff have provided a high level of customer service and that the breakfast was noted as execellent.

I hope that you will choose to visit Woodside again.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

Very disappointed with our stay at Woodside. Took a midweek break and were, I think, the only clients who were not part of a delegate training group. The one and only bar open was flooded with loud groups of delegates at various times between their meal times when they just 'took over'.
The rooms are very basic and very tired - numerous marks and stains on the carpet.
The staff are lovely - really helpful and really friendly - could not fault them at all.
Breakfast really good - plenty of variety and all very hot
Evening meal very poor - either basic bar menu or main restaurant with very limited choice - was acceptable but unexceptional

Room Tip: Dont know if any of the other rooms were better - would doubt it
Management response:Responded July 4, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations following your midweek break at Woodside.
There were a number of conference guests staying at the hotel during this time and it was unfortunate that their pre-dinner drinks reception clashed with your visit to Parsons Folly bar.
We apologise that your bedroom wasn't to your expectations but are grateful for your kind comments regarding our staff and levels of customer service.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

we chose this venue for my sons 21st birthday.It is in a beautiful setting and had a very intimate feel.
i cant praise the staff enough at this venue on all levels of service.
They definitely have got a great working formula here as i am pleased to say it really was "absolutely perfect" in every way.
The whole event ran smoothly the food was excellent and the attention to detail was second to none....i didnt have to ask for anything they'd thought of everything and anything and had it all in hand.
i really cant fault a single thing. HONESTLY!
They even put my son in room 21, amazing thoughtfulness and willingness to please their clients. so refreshing to have people who actually are not just doing a job they actually care.
They even made a display to hold the fish and chip supper cones i had made.
Well done the Woodside Team you're a great bunch of professionals and made the event an amazing experience for everyone.
A TREASURED MEMORY FOR EVER THANK YOU!
I would recommend this venue if you are thinking of a celebration you can just relax and trust them completely while you enjoy yourself.

Julie and Andy Richards

1  Thank juliedrichards
Management response:Responded July 4, 2012

Thank you so very much for the feedback you have provided, it is truly wonderful. I am very proud of the Woodside Team following reading this.
It is an honour to have hosted your son's 21st Birthday party at Woodside and I am so pleased that we have contributed to the success of this special celebration.
Thank you for taking the time to upload the photographs and for sharing them with us, it was great to see the Orchard Restaurant dressed and decorated for this celebration.
I do hope that you and your family will return to Woodside in the near future.

Reviewed June 24, 2012

I stayed at woodside a couple of weeks ago and have to say that it was a most pleasurable experience. It was a late booking and from arrival to departure everything was perfect, having stayed in many hotel both for work and weekends away with the wife. Although on arrival we discovered that there was a wedding in progress we still decided to dine in the hotel on that evening, the bar was nice with a decent range of beers and nice to see a local ale on tap. We went to the restaurant which although was small still had a nice feel to it, we were well looked after by the waiting team who were all young lads but very professional. The meal was cooked to perfection and my wife even with her many dietary requirements still managed to find something she enjoyed (which is rare). We enjoyed a few more drinks in the bar with I think Petra the bar man before going to bed. In the morning we enjoyed a nice swim in the pool which I guess was to early for everyone else as we had it to ourselves which was nice. Breakfast was a real treat with a fine range of hot and cold food on offer we were greeted by Mark the restaurant manager who took us to our table and looked after our every need and every brought over my wife's vegetarian breakfast. Again the young waiting staff seemed to be very attentive, checkout was very busy so I didn't get chance to tell them. I will defiantly be staying at woodside again thank you for a brilliant experience. Paul & Lucy

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Paul19771977
Management response:Responded July 4, 2012

Thank you for providing should great feedback following your stay at Woodside. It is a great pleasure to know that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay here at Woodside and that our staff looked after you so well.
Where possible we try to use seasonal and local produce at Woodside and I am pleased that the local Warwickshire ale on tap was well received and also that you and your wife enjoyed your dining experience.
It will give me great pleasure to pass your kind comments to the Woodside Team. As you have noted that you have stayed in many hotels it is a wonderful compliment to them.
We look forward to welcoming you to Woodside in the near future.

Reviewed June 20, 2012

Wow!!! Fantastic time at my friend's son's 21st surprise party. Great venue. Staff couldn't do enough and were very attentive without getting in the way. Great venue with a lovely intimate feel and lovely staff. If I would make one recommendation if you are going to view it is to look beyond the slightly faded decor( it has been newly decorated) and imagine how you could create your event. Would throughly recommend it as a venue and I am really fussy!

Management response:Responded June 26, 2012

Hi,
I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your friend's son's 21st birthday party and that you have taken the time to leave us such kind feedback.
Your recommendation of Woodside is greatly received and I am so pleased that our staff have provided a high level of customer care to guests attending this special celebration.
I hope that you will return to Woodside in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kenilworth
Loch Fyne Hotel Kenilworth
The Peacock Townhouse Hotel
Ramada Warwick Kenilworth
Ramada Warwick Kenilworth
#6 of 7 in Kenilworth

Been to Woodside Hotel? Share your experiences!