“Enjoyable weekend”

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Kenilworth
Walsall, United Kingdom
“Enjoyable weekend”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Alovely hotel with very friendly helpful staff.
It was a very busy Easter weekend and the hotel was also Hosting a wedding .

The food in the Resturant was good value for money and very yummy. The resturant was very busy during Breakfast period but we didnt wait long for a table. The lady seating us didnt walk us to the table she just Pointed which I think is unacceptable.

The pool is far to small for the size of the hotel . there is no Sauna , no jaccuzi and only 2 heated beds.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
AKFox1, General Manager at Chesford Grange - A QHotel, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear Jane2116

Thank you for your review and I am pleased that overall you had an enjoyably stay with us and enjoyed the food at dinner and breakfast in our restaurant.

The greeting you experienced is unacceptable and this will be addressed by our Restaurant Manager with the team member concerned, thank you for bringing this to our attention.

I do hope this will not deter you from returning on a future occasion.

Andrew Fox

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (480)
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Weekend spa £99 - lunch, three course A la carte evening meal, executive room and breakfast, with 2 x 20 minutes spa treatments, use of pool, hot beds, sauna. Great welcome, ambiance relaxing welcome, open fire (gas but does fool). " A " star customer service. Only negative the ladies a bit whiffy due to soilage problem. So worth the money. Go and see for yourself if a special occasion on the horizon. Found the lunch great, good choice, the wine not the basic house so pleasant. Evening meal, freshly cooked, willing to move make up of meal around to suit my tastes, wanted the Duck but not keen on Pak Choi so changed to spinach and carrots. Breakfast, so much to eat, staff constantly working filling up, asking if hot drinks wanted couldnt ask for more.

Room Tip: Rooms beginning 2 location good if low mobility
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Olivepete

Thank you for your brilliant review following your stay for a spa break at Chesford Grange, I am really pleased you found the break good value for money and enjoyed the hotel facilities and the service from our great team, I will share your comments with them all.

We have some great offers and deals all year round for Spa and leisure breaks some of which include tickets to Warwick Castle, just go to the QHotels website for more details.

Thanks again for your post, kind regards
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 14, 2013

My partner and I have just returned from a two night stay at the hotel. It was our second stay here having visited 4 years earlier. We were on a dinner, bed and breakfast package and felt the hotel delivered brilliantly on every aspect.

Our room was bright, clean and spacious and the hotel itself is set in some lovely grounds. Every single member of staff we encountered from start to finish were impeccably polite, friendly and helpful and couldn't do enough for us. It is a large hotel and obviously gets very busy at weekends. Despite this, every meal we had (be it breakfast or dinner) was exquisite, and the staff were really well drilled and knew what they were doing. The bar area offers a nice place to relax, and we also took advantage of the pool (we arrived early on Friday afternoon and went immediately - I wouldn't fancy it if were busy though).

All we wanted from our visit was a pleasant, stress free experience where we didn't have to think too much (!), and the hotel duly delivered. We will happily return.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Gottx

Many thanks for your fantastic review and for giving us a top score of 5 following your return visit to Chesford Grange. I am delighted to read you could not fault us. We look forward to welcoming you back very very soon.

Pembroke, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Booked in for a overnight stay between staying with family in the north and returning home. We had stayed here before, some 5 years previously for a weekend function and on that occasion we were not very impressed with the room, we had complained and were offered a upgrade should we return again. On booking in this time we were given a upgrade, and I asked how they knew! of course they didn't, so I explained, they immediately gave us a upgrade on our upgrade. can't praise them enough.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Merlin2401

Thank you for your review and I am delighted we were able to exceed your expectations and you enjoyed the complimentary upgrade to a Superior room.

We very much hope to welcome you back for a third visit very soon.

Lakeside, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 13, 2013

My wife, two small children and I stayed here recently as part of a Kingdom package visit to Warwick castle. We spent two lovely nights at the hotel which is an easy 15 minute drive from the castle. All of the staff we encountered were pleasant, friendly and helpful. Meals, especially breakfast, were very good.
Upon arrival we were upgraded to a superior bedroom which was a very nice surprise and we made extensive use of the leisure facilities during our stay.
The only minor gripes I could mention are that my main course in the restaurant was a little disappointing and using our TV was awkward due to the menu system/ remote control being a little difficult to operate and a buzzing from the TV when we ordered a family film to watch. Neither of these issues were serious enough to bother hotel staff with at the time.
Overall we loved or stay and definitely hope to return in the near future.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Moon_Family_13

Thank you for the wonderful feedback you posted on the Trip Advisor website and I am delighted you and your family had a great Warwick Castle break at Chesford Grange.

Thank you for giving us a top score of 5 and we very much look forward to welcoming you back sometime in the future.

Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Outside of a ridiculous wait after being seated for breakfast on the first morning, which eventually saw me having to chase down a member of the wait staff in order to get a hot drink, we had an excellent experience on a post-Valentine weekend break. (Struggling to remember if we had room 264 or 246!)

The reception, bar staff and maids were all fabulous (we were holed up in the room on one of the days due to my partner's illness) and could not do enough for us. The indoor pool was great and the heated tile loungers were worth the trip! Restaurant will cater to dietary needs and food was good.

Bed was large and very comfy, big bathroom and very quiet although from the looks of the carpark the hotel was quite full. We are looking forward to returning in the future!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear drgbleu2

Thank you for your review following your return to Chesford Grange and I am delighted you had an overall enjoyable stay and the team looked after you well.

However, please accept my sincere apologies for the poor service you encountered at breakfast, as you are aware this is not typical of our normal standards and your points will be addressed by our restaurant manager.

I hope we will have the pleasure of your company again soon.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Nice hotel but restaurant service could be better. This morning after waiting nearly 10 minutes to be seated after 3 staff just ignored me. I had to walk across to waiter to ask where do I get a cup of tea! I was not the only person to do that. Then I had to seek out another waitress to ask for poached eggs who proceeded to have a chat with another waitress and then I had to chase them again to fetch them from the kitchen. Not what you want first thing in the morning getting up early for a long day at work. I would stay again but think twice about having meals there. Room was very comfortable and quiet.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear JanetG

Many thanks for your review and I was very disappointed to read you had a poor breakfast experience, please accept our sincere apologies, these will be addressed immediately as they are unacceptable.

If you read some of our other reviews you will get the re - assurance that this is not typical of our normal standards and I hope it will not deter you from returning in the future.

Andrew Fox
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kenilworth
Stratford Manor Hotel
#3 of 16 in Leamington Spa
Woodside Hotel
Woodside Hotel
#2 of 7 in Kenilworth

Been to Chesford Grange - A QHotel? Share your experiences!