We stayed for 1 night as we were visting the area. Hotel was easy to find even though it doesn't come up on a Sat nav. On arrival it looked nice. We booked via late rooms.com and we were allocated a standard room. The room was small, dark and smelt of off milk/vomit, we went back to reception and explained about the smell. The receptionist was apologetic and quickly gave us another room. This room was a newly renovated room, larger in size and much better. I decided to use the pool, it was smaller than the pictures showed. The first time 4pm it was crouded with families and kids, I stayed 10mins. Changing room floor was very wet and dirty. The second time 8am. Changing rooms were better but so many adults trying to swim it was like a snake up and down the pool, so after 20mins, I went to the gym.
Room was clean apart from the
Headboard, there is a greeny glass screen
In the headboard which has a light in it,
This particular room in caught in the glass screen was a large amount of fluff and a dead moth. Short of taking the headboard apart you wouldn't be able to get it out. Maybe they should have thought about how they would clean the headboard whilst designing, it wasn't very pleasant having a dead moth so close to your head!
2 Small things that the hotel needed..more milks with the tea and coffee in the rooms each cup you need about 3 of those milks to
make a decent cup. A option of different pillows..the brick foam pillow is vile. Replace these or at least offer feather pillows.
Breakfast was busy but a nice offering. Took a while to get someone's attention for tea and coffee but food was hot and good.
All in all for the price we paid the stay was fine. Would we stay again? Maybe not. Would we recommend? Yes possibly if you wanted a cheap short stay and didn't plan on using the pool area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chesford Grange is a unique hotel based in Warwickshire. The historic charm oozes from every corner, from it's red roofed turrets and Tudor style exterior to the majestic splendour that awaits you inside. The hotel is set within 17 acres of countryside which is ideal for team building or indeed a leisurely stroll. Even though you may feel a million miles away, the hotel is near the M40 and M69, and is just 5 miles from Warwick Castle and 13 miles from Birmingham Airport.The hotel is home to state of the art conference facilities. There are 13 conference and meeting rooms with a total capacity of up to 700 delegates. For relaxation on the night the hotel is home to a relaxing leisure and spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Chesford Grange - A QHotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chesford Grange - a q Hotel Kenilworth
- Chesford Grange Kenilworth
- Chesford Grange Hotel
- Hotel Chesford Grange
- Chesford Grange - A QHotel Kenilworth, Warwickshire