“Great for a short stay, facilities disappointing.”

Chesford Grange - A QHotel
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Kenilworth
Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 1 night as we were visting the area. Hotel was easy to find even though it doesn't come up on a Sat nav. On arrival it looked nice. We booked via late rooms.com and we were allocated a standard room. The room was small, dark and smelt of off milk/vomit, we went back to reception and explained about the smell. The receptionist was apologetic and quickly gave us another room. This room was a newly renovated room, larger in size and much better. I decided to use the pool, it was smaller than the pictures showed. The first time 4pm it was crouded with families and kids, I stayed 10mins. Changing room floor was very wet and dirty. The second time 8am. Changing rooms were better but so many adults trying to swim it was like a snake up and down the pool, so after 20mins, I went to the gym.
Room was clean apart from the
Headboard, there is a greeny glass screen
In the headboard which has a light in it,
This particular room in caught in the glass screen was a large amount of fluff and a dead moth. Short of taking the headboard apart you wouldn't be able to get it out. Maybe they should have thought about how they would clean the headboard whilst designing, it wasn't very pleasant having a dead moth so close to your head!
2 Small things that the hotel needed..more milks with the tea and coffee in the rooms each cup you need about 3 of those milks to
make a decent cup. A option of different pillows..the brick foam pillow is vile. Replace these or at least offer feather pillows.
Breakfast was busy but a nice offering. Took a while to get someone's attention for tea and coffee but food was hot and good.
All in all for the price we paid the stay was fine. Would we stay again? Maybe not. Would we recommend? Yes possibly if you wanted a cheap short stay and didn't plan on using the pool area.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank M0nkeyB
AKFox1, General Manager at Chesford Grange - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Dear MonkeyB

Thank you for your review and for giving us a score of 4 despite the disappointments you experienced with certain aspects of your stay.

However, I am pleased that reception were able to upgrade you but the cleanliness in this room let us down again. Your comments regarding the headboard, milk and pillows will be addressed by our head housekeeper and our restaurant manager will speak to the team regarding the coffee service.

As it is difficult for us to track your stay through the review perhaps you could contact us with the room number you stayed in so we can address the issues.

There is lots of deals and offers on the QHotels website all year round and I hope you will try us again in the future so you can give us a score of 5 on your next visit!

Andrew Fox

Write a ReviewReviews (2,242)

Reviewed March 2, 2013

I booked a spa day for a friend & I on a Saturday. The offer was £70 including access to facilities (just a pool & steam room, no sauna) & 2 mini treatments. Although the treatments were fabulous, the actual spa experience was not completely relaxing. This is due to the fact that you have to fight for a poolside lounger as they only have six and they allow children into the pool from 3 pm onwards which is something I would have liked to have been told about when I booked. As it was come 3 pm about 15 young children arrived and as children do, started splashing, jumping and screaming which prompted us to make a hasty retreat. Other concerns are the size of the changing rooms which are very small so each time we where in there we had to wait for others to finish getting ready & they were not very clean. Also the spa entrance & waiting area could do with a revamp as it currently looks like a leisure centre & not a luxury spa.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Natacha186402

Dear Natacha186403

Many thanks for your review and I am delighted you enjoyed the treatments on your Spa Day at Chesford Grange.

However, please be assured that your comments are shared with all the team and our leisure club manager will address the issue with the changing rooms immediately. We have introduced adult only swim times on Saturday for the comfort of our spa guests. During school holidays the families staying in the hotel tend to use the pool as soon as this time expires.

Thanks again for your post and taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Very impressed with the exterior, staff at reception were very friendly. When I got to my room - it was two single beds put together - with a single quilt on each bed. The bathroom was lovely and clean. Food in the restaurant was excellent - the starters were a little on the small side, however service was first class. The bar was busy - and unbelievably warm - I'm sure the staff would have noticed so would have been nice for them to turn the heating down. Drinks were incredibly over priced - £4.95 for a vodka and coke - ouch! I had forgotten to bring toothpaste and when I rang reception, they had some, I said Id be right down to pick it up and they insisted on bringing it to my room. Over all a comfortable stay, a few tweaks and cheaper drinks and it would have been an excellent stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Victoria P

Dear Victoria P

Thank you for your review and I am very sorry you had a mixed experience, where possible we do our utmost to solve the issues that are highlighted and I thank you for your feedback.

We do carry out regular price comparisons of drinks in other 4 star hotels in the area to ensure we remain competitive, I am sorry again if this marred the overall enjoyment of your stay.

I hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back sometime in the future.

Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

We went for a bargain day spa at this hotel. Staff were absolutely amazing! Attentive to our needs and remembering little details. Loved the bar area and food and service there was excellent. Would love to stay over at some point. Facilities were clean and really good. Missed a jacuzzi though!

• Stayed: February 2013
AKFox1, General Manager at Chesford Grange - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Dear honestsally

Thank you for your great review following your Spa Day at Chesford Grange. I am pleased the team looked after you well and I will share your comments with them all.

I hope you will come and stay for a residential Spa Break sometime in the future as these are great value for money and include dinner, lunch and relaxing treatments.

Thanks again

Reviewed February 26, 2013

We took up the January sale offer and bagged a bargain. We had a very comfortable bed and the room was very clean, and comfortable. The staff were very friendly and only too willing to go out of their way to make the stay enjoyable.
There was plenty of choice at breakfast and again here the staff were very cheerful and helpful.
The dinner menu was varied and the food was good.
We enjoyed the benefits of the pool, gym and sauna. We had a relaxing time with lots of places near by to visit.

Room Tip: The superior room is worth it just for the comfortable bed.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear JaneR53

Thank you for your review and I am delighted you found our January Sale prices good value for money and our friendly team looked after you well.

We have some great deals and offers on the QHotels website if you are considering returning to the area and one for all the family which includes tickets to Historic Warwick Castle.

We hope to welcome you back in the very near future.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

the hotel was really good the help from the staff was perfect ive never stayed there before but they made our stop very pleasant ,the meal was very good ,my only complaint was the bar prices i got a guiness and a mineral water for the wife and it came to £7 35

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Terry M

Thank you for your review and I am delighted you and your Wife had a good stay to attend a local show. We do carry out regular comparisons with other local 4 star hotels and our bar prices still remain competitive. I hope this will not deter you from returning on a future occasion.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Excellent hotel had a super stay would recommend it to anyone,my wife and I stayed overnight for a function and could not have had a nicer stay anywhere in UK. Overall eleven out of ten for my ratings.

• Stayed: February 2013

Dear graham r

Thank you for your short but sweet review and your excellent recommendation. I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon.

Andrew Fox

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kenilworth
5 mi away
#6 of 7 in Kenilworth
Billesley Manor Hotel
Billesley Manor Hotel
#14 of 28 in Stratford-upon-Avon

Been to Chesford Grange - A QHotel? Share your experiences!