“GREAT SPA BREAK!!!”

Chesford Grange - A QHotel
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Kenilworth
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I went on a spa break for £99 on Friday 11th Jan, and stayed for one night.

It was a really nice hotel, staff are extremley friendly and can't do enough for you.

Spa area is small, and as there were 8 in my party alone as well as others on a spa break, it did get a little crowded but treatments were second to none, and like others said, I didnt want it to end.
Nikita gave me an All over Rivitalise 1 hour treatment, thank you Nikita, it was lovely and you're a credit to the hotel.

The food was really nicely presented and more importantly, tasted lovely. I would personally like to see some puddings on the menu, but that's just my thing. Breakfast was nice, not crowded at all and The Spa lunch was lovely aslo, the lunch was huge and we had to take some of it to go.

The rooms were clean and spacious and we were allowed to check out a little later free of charge which was nice of the hotel. We were in room 220 on the ground floor and heard no noise, like others complained about, I guess it depends on the time you go.

All in all a wonderful girly time, with nice staff, beautiful food and nice surrondings!

Well Done Chesford Grange and thank you.x

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank babygirl19861001
AKFox1, General Manager at Chesford Grange - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

Dear babygirl19861001

Thank you for the fantastic review following your Spa Break at the hotel and for giving us a top score of 5. I am delighted you could not fault us and Nikita will be rewarded through out staff recognition scheme for her great customer service.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you and your friends back very soon.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

Great location! I booked during the 40% off promotion and so it was great value for money for the two of us for a two night stay.

The room included everything we needed and was clean and comfortable. No sockets near to the bedside for charging phones can be a pain if, like me, you use it as an alarm everyday. Also the wi-fi connection did not work in our room.

Diner was included on the first night which was lovely quality, although limited in choice for fussy eaters and very expensive if not included.

The leisure and spa facilities were nice and the changing rooms were clean. The pool is small though so avoid peak times, it can be difficult and frustrating to keep swimming around people. We didn't get a chance to try the heated loungers as two women were on them for over an hour and a half whilst we were there!

Breakfast was lovely with a good choice, however on the Sunday, despite going for breakfast an hour and a half before it was due to finish, all of the tables were dirty and the food was not restocked whilst we were there. It appeared that a large conference was taking place in the hotel that day and the facilities were very much taken over by the people attending that, leaving us to feel in the way. The relaxing element was disturbed by people racing around, chatting in large groups and having meetings in the bar/lounge area where I was trying to sit and read.

I'd certainly go back, but I'd check what events are on at the time as we were never informed. I've fallen in love with Kenilworth, but the service and facilities at other Q Hotels I have visited have been much better.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Katie Jaynne

I am pleased that you found our fantastic 40% sale good value for money and you enjoyed most aspects of your stay. Please be assured that your comments regarding breakfast will be addressed, I am sorry you had a poor experience.

The hotel from time to time does host conferences at the weekend but I am pleased that despite this you would return. The sale end on the 31st January but great offers can be found all year round on the QHotels website.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

Spent Saturday/Sunday at the hotel for a conference. Well presented, good size room, modern bathroom and the staff were more than helpful.
Would recommend for business, families and those on a spa break

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear X11725

Thank you for your review and I am very pleased to read you could not fault us and look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Nice room, great bed, good bathroom , and clean. Friendly front desk staff, but the Conference I attended suffered from poor Tea & Coffee , a hot buffet that was cold, poor table clearing, cold coffee and a cold room.
Following day a good breakfast with very friendly staff.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear extracover

Thank you for taking the time to review Chesford Grange following your stay to attend a conference.

Naturally, your feedback regarding the conference facilities and catering are a concern to me and as we cannot track your stay through the review I would be grateful if you would contact the hotel to let us know which conference it was.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

I have just come back from staying at the Chesford Grange for a Spa weekend for my 21st birthday. The hotel and spa is a great value for money as overnight stay, lunch, 2x30mins treatments, use of the gym, steam room and pool, evening meal and breakfast were all included for just £99pp. The rooms were nice and roomy and kept clean, i have to say i found the bed and pillows hard and not to my taste at all for comfort. The staff in the hotel were extremely polite and helpful.
The hotel wasn't that busy, a few buisness men around and conference meetings held in the bar during the day/evening. The food is extremely delicious and there is a lovely choice off the menu to choose from which sounded all mouth watering (took me ages to decide what i wanted).
As like everything because we were getting a good deal, the drinks were very pricey...certainly the alcohol anyway.
As the two free treatments i had a Facial and Neck, Shoulder & Back massage which were all amazing i didn't want them to end.
This hotel is well worth the money and i definatly will come back here in the future :)

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Dear JadeLouise_91

Thank you for your lovely review following your Spa Break at Chesford Grange, I am really pleased you enjoyed the stay particularly the food in the restaurant, also our lovely spa treatments.

We have some great deals and offers on Spa and Leisure breaks all year round just go to the QHotels website for more information and perhaps we will welcome you back sometime in the future!

Reviewed January 11, 2013

I have just come back from an enjoyable birthday weekend at Chesford Grange. We were greeted by a very friendly reception team. Unfortunately our room was not ready so we had to wait for them to come up with a suitable alternative, it was very busy in the hotel as they had a conference on which made us feel a bit like we were getting in the way. There was a few problems with the room but nothing that wasn`t sorted out as quickly as possible by the exceptional staff. I was kindly given a complimentary birthday drink at the bar and we were also given a complimentary dinner to compensate for the problems with the room. We were late for breakfast in the morning (forgot weekday breakfast times were different to weekends) but it was no trouble at all, the member of staff went out to the kitchen and got exactly what we wished for. There was another conference starting again as we were getting ready to check out and again we really felt we were getting in their way (not the hotel but the people arriving for the conference). Overall it is a nice clean hotel, food was gorgeous and the staff are a credit to this hotel it`s just a shame it felt more like a conference hotel than a holiday hotel (if that makes sence) but I suppose in this climate thats what has to be done! Nice swimming pool, gym and steam room !! Thank you for a lovely weekend !!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Dear louiseP

Many thanks for your review following your Birthday Weekend at Chesford Grange I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and our friendly team looked after you well. We are a busy hotel with lots of space and facilities to look after all our guests whether on leisure or conference and I am pleased this did not detract from your overall experience.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back sometime in the future.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Booked the NYE family party with two nights accommodation with my husband and two kids (12 and 9 yrs) and dog.

We booked a ground floor room with access to the grounds so that we could take the dog out easily. Unfortunately it was extremely boggy and far too wet to use. But great to take the dog with us and was a very doggy friendly hotel.

Hotel nice, half of it very old and smelly and the other half have lovely, modern rooms with two doubles, great sized bathroom and plenty of hanging space.

The NYE party night was ok, very crammed into the hotel restaurant, food was excellent, service not great!! But overall we enjoyed the night as there was a group of us.

Location of the hotel is good, especially if you want to have a look round Warwick, the castle and do some shopping in Leamington Spa. Plenty of walks nearby if you have doggy.

Spa facilities were good, very small pool, no jacuzzu, just steam room and gym.

Room Tip: Ask to be in the new part of the hotel.