“The Almanack is FAB!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Almanack

The Almanack
Reserve with OpenTable
The Almanack is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 63 Restaurants in Kenilworth
Cuisines: Gastropub, Bar, British
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
“The Almanack is FAB!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

I've been to the Almanack quite a few times in the last couple of months because its got a good atmosphere, the food is nice, there's a good choice & the staff are good at their job.
I've been for a meal with my boyfriend just before Christmas 2012 & booked a table at short notice & the staff are always keen to please. There's never any problem in fitting us in, even though once we arrive, it gets really busy. It's very popular.
Just after Christmas my parents were visiting & I went with my boyfriend & family to celebrate my dads 82 birthday. We all enjoyed it. My dad got a candle in his pudding which was a surprise & nice touch.
Me & my boyfriend have been again last weekend & we both had the Lamb with hotpot. It was amazing. The pastry was perfect. The pudding was nice too - mini doughnuts with chocolate sauce. We were there for a few hours.
There is always a nice mix of people of all ages, which is good.
Our waitress who we've seen a few times called Cristy/Christy (sorry forgot if there's a h!). She is very good at her job. Impressed. Pleasant & professional. All the staff seem to work hard, & it's nice to be able to see the chefs at work too.
I'd recommend the Almanack to friends & family & can't wait to have another nice meal there.

1 Thank Wes1andJane

Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
“Used to be better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

Over the past 5 years I have witnessed the Almanack change quite condiderably. It used to be a real gem of a place; Commendable service, fairly fresh and innovative menu, good drink selection and all at a reasonable (if above average for the area) price. Sadly over the last couple of visits I feel the standards have slipped. I understand there was a change of management about a year ago and the larger chain seems to be expanding quite rapily (maybe to their detriment). The food now is still reasonable, but quite standard and not particularly remarkable. The menu is fairly limited and not of the same calibre it used to be. There are a number of attractive looking specials but are quite highly priced for the portion size. Where as the manager before was very welcoming and always present there was a lack of a coherent waiting service and no obvious leader, saying this the service was still good. Overall the Almanack appears to still be very popular, and is a good bet for a safe meal. However it is not as it used to be, and don't expect anything particularly special.

• Visited January 2013
kenilworth
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My third disappointing visit...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

I live in Kenilworth and have been supporter of the Almanac since the opening. I have been for three meals now where the service was just not pleasure. I have waited for service, smiles and the warm and organised approach that I used to enjoy. I even took my team for a work do last year and the bill was clearly in many three figures. Leadership would be important to improve the situation. Sort it people...

• Visited January 2013
Welford, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

I have to say this was the best roast beef dinner ive ever had, service was excellent, food presented very very well and the beef was devine, oh how I wish I could serve beef like that!! will be back very soon

Visited January 2013
“Good locally sourced food and great atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

The food is always good quality, service generally good. Good family and dog friendly environment, Only criticism is the wine glasses which are a bit thick to enjoy nice wines from (and can sometimes still be a bit warm out of the dishwasher!).

Visited January 2013