“First and last visit.”
Review of Queen and Castle

Queen and Castle
Ranked #9 of 65 Restaurants in Kenilworth
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Part of Premium Country Pubs, we aim to provide great food and great service. Situated opposite Kenilworth Castle.
Reviewed June 8, 2013

First and last visit. Service was hit and miss. Waiting staff need to be more organised. Waiter passed our table several times and didn't take the dirty glasses. No one bothered if we were ok or needed drinks, they missed out on a lot of custom. Waited nearly an hour for main, when I chased it I was told it was being cooked fresh. (Like I should have known). If you like being ignored and watching other tables getting better service this is the place for you. The place was recommended by friends who rated this resturant, I did not. The food was lovely but pricey. Other staff were pleasant when they weren't run off their feet.
Decor is lovely.
Position of resturant is lovely. Maybe they need more staff. Not happy will not be going back. If you do decide to go book.

ChrisAtQandC, Guest Relations Manager at Queen and Castle, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2017

Hello and thanks for your review which I am addressing retrospectively. We're not happy that you had a poor experience in the past and i'd like to extend an invitation for you to come back and give our establishment another opportunity to show you we've changed and we're committed to making sure you have a great experience.

Chris

Write a ReviewReviews (1,001)

Reviewed June 6, 2013

This meal demonstrated very poor value for money. We waited 50 minutes for 2 very small meals. I asked for my burger to be well done and when it came it was burnt and very dry. I paid £1 extra for mushroom on my burger which turned out to be 3 small slices of a button mushroom!!! The whole meal was a triumph of style over substance.

2  Thank Hobbes38

Reviewed June 4, 2013

After spending the day at the castle (literally over the road and would definitely recommend), we met with some friends from Kenilworth in this lovely looking pub/restaurant. What a lovely place filled with lovely people. Service was personal and attentive, food was outstanding and the added bonus of a fantastic patio/garden area just really tops it all off. Want to do Kenilworth, do the castle then the Queen and Castle!

1  Thank Stuart B
ChrisAtQandC, Guest Relations Manager at Queen and Castle, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2017

Many thanks for your review for our establishment. I'm not sure why the previous management didn't thank you at the time and highlight this review for our guests and visitors to the site to see.

Thank you on their behalf retrospectively.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Have eaten here quite a few times and standard is always excellent. Great menu. Service first rate and food delicious. Décor understated elegance. Can't fault it. Well done.

1  Thank heatherCoventry

Thank you on their behalf retrospectively.

Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

I've never reviewed anywhere really but having seen a big blackboard on my way out asking for feedback I thought I'd let these people know how well they'd done. From start to finish I was amazed, yes we had a short wait for a table but we were offered a drink in the bar and were more than happy especially with the lovely complimentary breads we received. Once we were sat we were served by a polite young lady who showed us the specials and seemed to genuinely enjoy her job. We were in on a Friday so decided to go for the fish specials they offered with half price wine! All I can say is it was magnificent from presentation, to textures to flavours it was fantastic. It took around 35 mins to arrive but the wait was explained to us and it was worth the wait in a charming surroundings. From reading other reviews bare in mind this place is busy for a reason so expect a wait and be safe in the knowledge it will be worth it.

1  Thank Groovy93

Hello and thanks for your review. It's always great to get a fantastic review that highlights our establishment and we're glad your experience was a premium one. I can't understand why the previous team didn't thank you sooner!

Thanks again!