“Nice wine list..”
Review of Beef - CLOSED

Beef
Cuisines: British, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Beef is a family run business where the owners try their best to give an enjoyable experience for Lovers of Good Food. Therefore if you love Good Food with Family and Friends then come and Try us.
Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

Service is very friendly and the wine list here, whilst not cheap, was very good. I had caprese salad to start and an 8oz fillet steak for main. The salad starter had too much mozzarella really for a starter, it was ok though. I had high hopes for a restaurant called Beef and whilst the steak was ok, it wasn't fantastic. The peppercorn sauce erred on the side of sweet but the chips were good.

All in all I was left feeling a little disappointed given other steak restaurants I've been to in this price range. There isn't anything fundamentally wrong here and the wines are very good, I just expected more from the food.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

I was looking forward to my trip, I had of course asked friends and got a mix of reviews. The starter was amazing best caesar salad I've have in quite some time apart from the brown ended lettuce but a minor thing against how nice it was. My steak, well yes it was very tasty once I got past the salt and it being overcooked. I am sorry to say I had high expections but was disappointed in that the very thing they are specialising in they can not cook to order, maybe I was epxecting too much but for the price I do expect more than mediocre. The decor it tired and the echo is uncomforatable if you want an evening for two. I would not say it was a bad experience but I did expect more.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

Went for lunch with friends mid-week and we all had the lunch time menu which is quite good value. That is the positve. The sevice left a lot to be desired. Four of us were served our meals at the same time, whoever the fifth person in our party didn't have her meal served and by the time she had her meal the rest of us had finished. When we asked what the problem had been we were told the chef hadn't read the order properly. When the waitress cleared the table she was made it clear by her attitude the resturant was close to closing time. The food left on the plates were scraped onto one plate at the table, not a particulary nice way to end the meal. General unfriendly service.

1  Thank 868honey
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I have been at The Beef for lunch today, and I got the steak and frites from the lunch deal (a course and a glass of wine for 9.90).
The meat was great, the chips nice and crispy and it was definitely a great value for money. I wouldn't go for dinner even though I am sure I wouldn't be disappointed by the food because the regular menu prices are quite high and I can't really afford it, but I will be regularly coming back for lunch.
Yeah, definitely recommended.

Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

It was not an unpleasant meal but I was not really impressed when all things are considered. If you are having a limited menu you have to make sure that every component of the dish is great. The chips were nice but they were not great . The steak was good but not great. For the price you are paying I would expect great. Not unpleasant but not a place I would rush back to.