“Its was good food but i would not rush back.”
Review of Beef - CLOSED

Beef
Cuisines: British, Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Beef is a family run business where the owners try their best to give an enjoyable experience for Lovers of Good Food. Therefore if you love Good Food with Family and Friends then come and Try us.
Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

It was not an unpleasant meal but I was not really impressed when all things are considered. If you are having a limited menu you have to make sure that every component of the dish is great. The chips were nice but they were not great . The steak was good but not great. For the price you are paying I would expect great. Not unpleasant but not a place I would rush back to.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

I have visited this establishment several times and the food is always good. The starter choice is very limited so I don't tend to have a starter, but always leave room for a sweet. Usually have the creme brûlée if available which is very good. The steaks are very pricey but have always been of a high standard in taste and texture, however not always cooked to perfection. Service is also average along with the uncomfortable seating and not very clean feeling table tops, probably because they are made from hardwood?. All in all an average place with expensive price tag.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

No idea what these negative reviews are talking about. We've eaten steak in Paris and Florence, and would travel to those restaurants again just to eat their steak. Beef is the closest we've had to that experience in the UK. I had the fillet and my partner had the ribeye (both Scottish beef), they were cooked perfectly, beautifully seasoned, and the quality of the meat itself was excellent. The chips were square-cut, chunky, perfectly crisp and tasted fantastic; the onion rings were crispy and light. The wine was expensive (middle of their range was about £30 for a bottle) but a 500 ml carafe is more than enough for 2 people, and more like £20.

Front of house was friendly and well-informed, we felt very well taken care of. The restaurant itself is cosy, but not cramped. My only warning would be, ladies: wrap up a bit! The seat cushions are covered in cow hide, which scratched my legs through my tights. This was a very minor qualm, but honestly the only negative of the evening which is why I mention it.

Yes, it's an expensive restaurant - if you have the imported sirloins, they'll set you back about £50 - but the food is excellent, the staff are lovely, and the atmosphere is great. Also, they seem to have discontinued the 'raw meat display'; we didn't see it when we walked in, nothing was brought over to us, and we didn't see anyone else presented with it while we were there.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

I ate here at Christmas 2012 with 5 colleagues.

The steak and the rest of the meal was Michelin star level - truly excellent steak cooked perfectly, everything else was just good.

Overall it is a highly recommended restaurant but you can get just as good with better service and surroundings for less money.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Just eaten here,food really good ,staff helpful A bit pricey but a nice experience Busy for a week night but friendly waitress found us a table .Service was good and efficient ,advice given re the meat on the specials board