“Good steaks - worth a detour”
Review of Beef - CLOSED

Beef
Cuisines: British, Bar
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Beef is a family run business where the owners try their best to give an enjoyable experience for Lovers of Good Food. Therefore if you love Good Food with Family and Friends then come and Try us.
Boca Raton, Florida
1,052 restaurant reviews
“Good steaks - worth a detour”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We enjoyed the iceberg wedges as an appetiser. These were followed by one fillet steak and salad and one large ribeye plus salad and onion rings.

The only flaw was one salad dressing (on the side) that consisted entirely of olive oil.

The steaks, the main attraction, were tender and juicy, cooked as ordered. We had not chosen the chips because, to us, beef dripping chips did not sound as appetising as no doubt they would have tasted.

Beef is worth a detour.

• Visited October 2012

Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Went here for a romantic evening with the boyfriend, the service was exceptional and the food was simply amazing. We ordered the steak and it was cooked to perfection. Definitly reccomend the USDA.

• Visited December 2011
Rugby, United Kingdom
“An education in steak.”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Booking is usually essential, and we were lucky to get in for my Husbands Birthday meal.
We chose to try the "sharing platter" from the special menu. This consisted of three six ounce steaks, chips and a sauce and side of your choice. The presentation was very good. The accompaniments were delicious, hot, fresh and full of flavour. The most amazing thing was the difference in taste between the three sirloin steaks. All the same cut, cooked identically, but so unalike in taste I wouldn't have believed it. Each piece of meat was tasty in it's own right. The American piece had a distinct flame grilled burger flavour. The English piece was more subtle and delicate. The "Japanese" piece was out of this world and more like fillet.
The meal for two with wine and tip cost £110 which is a lot, as this is distinctly not a fine dining experience. However as a special treat for a celebration a steak fan would be very hard pushed to beat this place. I would not recommend it to anyone who is not a lover of red meat, however there is a vegetarian and fish option.

Leamington Spa
“How do they do it at this price?”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Had the fixed lunch menu at £10.95 for two courses. Fantastic value with a wonderful steak frites as main with a salad or terrine starter. Must go in the evening!

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank RobLSpa
London, United Kingdom
“Give it a miss”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We were visiting Kenilworth for one night, so I tried phoning the restaurant in advance to book a table. Mostly the phone line just rang out, but I did manage to leave a message on an answering machine - no one returned my call. So we turned up at the restaurant around 7pm to see if we could get in. We thought we were in luck as the place was deserted (although I have to admit, that made me worry about the quality of food / service / ambience). However, despite the fact that there was only 6 patrons total in the restaurant, and plenty of empty seats, the proprietor insisted that he was fully booked and couldn't accommodate us. When I explained that I had tried to book, he got defensive saying that all he did all day was man the phones. He was not prepared to let us have a quick bite and leave before someone else arrived, nor to come back for a later seating. A very unpleasant experience all around. I don't care how good the steak is, now that I'm a local I won't be going back.

• Visited July 2012