“The worst Thai ever!!!”

Ranked #14 of 65 Restaurants in Kenilworth
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A Thai owned and run favourite in Kenilworth, Tha Kitchen offers a wholly natural menu of colourful Thai cuisine. Sizzling rice and noodle dishes are made to time-honoured recipes, whilst other Tha Kitchen favourites include fiery jungle curries and fresh seafood. From the bar, a selective international wine list complements the delicate, fragrant flavours of the dishes. A contemporary, clean-cut dining room features an expansive beach mural and the staff provide traditionally excellent Thai service with a smile.
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I have to say, it is very rare that I read good restaurant reviews on Trip advisor and it turns out to be so wrong.
I think that they should be ashamed of the food quality and the prices that are charged for the portions.
First of all, the Tom Yum soup was the worst I ever had in my life. It is no way near the real taste and it was impossible to finish it as it was so sour.
The mains – the portions were so small, we just couldn’t believe this is a main course. Also, how can you charge £12.95 for a Stir fried mixed seafood dish that comes with no rice and is not enough even for one person?
The taste of the mains was not more than average, very disappointing.
I would not recommend this restaurant and we won’t be going back.

Thaworn H, Owner at Tha Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2013

You must have liked your meal a little bit as you told my manager that it was good and you left a £5 tip - you even finished all your dishes. There are 2 sides to every story and I suspect that having travelled to Thailand a lot you were comparing us and our prices to Thailand where everything is grown locally, but our food has to flown around the world before it lands on your plate. You must have noticed the opposite effect in Thailand when you bought Californian wine to go with your meal.
Try some other Thai restaurants in the UK and you will see that we are good value.

Regards Tha

Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

Had our meal mid week. Restaurant was quite busy. Good selection on menu - food was tasty and we sent clean plates back to the kitchen! Service was prompt. Very good value for money. Parking close by which is handy.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

I had a brilliant meal here with friends. Happy, frienly staff. Would recommend the Thai pancake for pudding!

7  Thank Sam X
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Really good quality Thai restaurant, the pork salad starter was especially good, reminded me of the food in Bangkok. Very friendly staff also, will definitely be going back.

7  Thank Bodmids
Reviewed March 18, 2013

This was our second visit to the refurbished and extended Tha Kitchen. Once again an excellent meal in very nice surroundings served by helpful staff. Easy to get to and with a large car park nearby this really is a place to try if you like Thai food. It is true that there are no "spice icons" on the menu but we were advised that all dishes can be made to suit your individual taste. They can be as hot or as mild as you like. I had the Thai Green Curry as it came and it was delicious. My wife ordered a chicken dish with white onion, chilli and red peppers but asked for it not to be too hot. It was perfect for her. Must mention the mixed starters at £12 for 2. Really lovely and a good variety. They have a reasonable selection of wine and the prices are competitive.

No hesitation in going back again to enjoy their very tasty menu. Good portions as well.

8  Thank Forger25