“Excellent food”

Ranked #16 of 63 Restaurants in Kenilworth
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A Thai owned and run favourite in Kenilworth, Tha Kitchen offers a wholly natural menu of colourful Thai cuisine. Sizzling rice and noodle dishes are made to time-honoured recipes, whilst other Tha Kitchen favourites include fiery jungle curries and fresh seafood. From the bar, a selective international wine list complements the delicate, fragrant flavours of the dishes. A contemporary, clean-cut dining room features an expansive beach mural and the staff provide traditionally excellent Thai service with a smile.
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Excellent quality food, good service - this is the case for both eat in and takeaway. The quality and popularity is indicated by how it has expanded into the adjacent premises. A gem.

5  Thank Kenilworthgirl

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Visited as a guest of a regular. Were looking forward to visit as we had been to the Chok-Dee (owned by relations) in Jomtien Beach, Thailand and enjoyed a very good meal there.
we wee surprised that the UK co-partner joined us at the table and not only shared our meal- we had to order more to accommodate him but he also charged his drinks to our host's bill. We determined on leaving that our host was surprised as well!
Having run a Thai restaurant in the past we were impressed by the welcome and the general ambiance of the place. My Thai wife was a little critical of the food and we were both surprised at high price of extras-£9. 15 for pineapple fried rice for instance.
The overall bill was high due in no small part to our extra guest. As an ex-restaurateur I would been offering drinks on the house rather than charging mine to a customer's bill.
I doubt we will return.

cainal, Civil Partner of owner at Tha Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

Hi Nigel,

Interesting review but what you probably didn't know is that like you I was invited by our host to dinner and didn't just invite myself. Like you and your lovely wife, I also enjoyed our host's hospitality which included paying of the bill.

My memory isn't quite what it was and I have a job remembering the facts after many months, so I took the opportunity to ring our host to check I haven't totally lost my marbles and guess what - he agrees with me!

Can I just reassure our customers that I'm not a roving freeloader and I am rarely in the restaurant?

Happy New Year - Tim Hartley

Reviewed December 16, 2012

Great food fantastic services the best Thai in the area by far.
Always a fabulous experience. Services is excellent, Kenilworths finest!

4  Thank Happycat3
Reviewed December 14, 2012 via mobile

I come here at least 3 times a year with friends and we are never disappointed. The food is excellent, especially the tempura prawns...crispy batter, fresh prawns, lovely sauce and excellent presentation.
The staff are friendly and committed to making sure u have a good time. An example of this was last night when a (bad) parent bought their very sick coughing child for dinner. This was a Thursday night at 8pm and the child was crying. The lovely man who ran it gave them a short amount of time to settle the child, but when it became clear the child was sick and disturbing others he very kindly offered to give them their food to take away, which they did.
He then arranged a complimentary dish to go with our food to make up for the disruption and was genuinely concerned about us having a nice evening.
The main courses are good value and decent portions and taste fab! I would not eat Thai anywhere else in a 50 mile radius!

I would 100% recommend this place to anyone. Just lovely!

4  Thank aph83
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Really great Thai food from a large menu of dishes. Helpful friendly Thai staff, and really worth a visit. Car parking close by. Very noisy group on adjacent table, as the sound echos in an open-plan setting.
More expensive than one thinks, once all the extras and the rice are included!....but possibly the best Thai Red Curry I have had!