Booked this hotel for a business trip to the NEC having read all the positive reviews here on Trip Advisor. As a positive it is a nice hotel, totally dominating Kenilworth in its town centre location.
Arrived late (11pm) on a weekday evening and just managed to squeeze my car into the last available parking space. Was checked in quickly but not recognised as a Platinum Priority Club member and no room upgrade given. Room was on 3rd floor and contained two small doubles. It was clean except for mould in bathroom, there was a view of a roof from the window. Air conditioning kept making noises despite being turned off. There were no bottles of water, and the lighting for working at the desk was terrible. Free wi-fi and biscuits were a nice touch.
Discount voucher for room service was provided on check in but there was no room service menu in room and despite requesting one it never appeared, so went and ate elsewhere.
On checkout was not asked 'how my stay was' and was charged £1.10 for my complimentary newspapers ( a daily mail each day for which the cover price is 50p!)
A nice hotel but staff training and attention to detail very much lacking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Kenilworth set in the heart of Kenilworth easily accessible for all Midlands motorway networks M40, J15, M6, J6 J4 and M69, J21. The Holiday Inn Kenilworth is just a 20 minute drive from The National Exhibition Centre (NEC) and Birmingham International Airport and railway station. The National Agriculture Centre at Stoneleigh home to The Royal Show is 4 miles away. The newly refurbished Holiday Inn Kenilworth has 115 bedrooms and four meeting rooms. The new Holiday Inn Kenilworth offers contemporary style and comfort for both business and leisure travellers. The hotel offers Free High Speed Internet Access throughout. The hotel will have four newly refurbished conference rooms all with natural daylight and air-conditioning the largest accommodating up to 250. Guest can unwind and relax in our modern newly refurbished restaurant 212 Kenilworth Bar and Brasserie, stop off at our Starbucks Coffee shop to sample their renowned coffee or take advantage of the 24 hour room service menu. The hotel has many attractions nearby ideally located within walking distance of Kenilworth Castle and Town and a short drive to Stratford Upon Avon home to The Royal Shakespeare Theatre, Royal Leamington Spa and Warwick. For Families nearby attractions include Hatton Country World, Warwick Castle, Drayton Manor Park and Zoo and Cadburys World. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Agoda, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Kenilworth - Warwick reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Kenilworth Hotel Kenilworth
- Demontfort Hotel Kenilworth
- Kenilworth Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Kenilworth - Warwick Warwickshire