“Great hotel with excellent staff.”

The Peacock Townhouse Hotel
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Kenilworth
“Great hotel with excellent staff.”
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

This is not a 5 star hotel, nor does it pretend to be. It is very clean, tidy and in an excellent location in the centre of Kenilworth with parking (which is worth £5 per night). The staff are brilliant. As helpful as you could imagine and very friendly. We stayed in a family room with a double bed, a single bed and camp bed and everything was exactly as we had booked. Breakfast was great and offered excellent choice (including authentic Indian breakfast dishes if you wished). Thanks for a great stay and we will be back again in the future.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Buckinghamshire
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We made a laterooms booking at the Peacock Hotel where the reviews were positive. Our experience was marred by an attempt to charge us (£5) for parking(!) on arrival, with statements like we would be charged £20 in central London . Thankfully our paperwork confirmed that parking was inclusive. The room itself was OK, clean and tidy, although a previous guest had taken one of the batteries from the clock. This was quickly replaced and extra tea and coffee supplies were provided without problem. The room was a little tired decoratively but towels, toiletries and linen of good standard. Breakfast a bit hit and miss, no toast offered but otherwise reasonable selection. We slept well and the bed was comfortable. We would book again if we needed a room last minute, but might be tempted to try one of the B&Bs in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I stayed 5 nights as a solo business traveller. My room was located in the Stables (not in the main building of the hotel).

While the room was OK, it was only superficially clean - perhaps not even that. For example, the bathroom floor still had talcum powder on it from a previous guest! The cups and glasses on the hospitality tray were not clean. The room was quite dusty in places. However, the wireless internet worked reliably the whole time, which was terrific - I think it's one strong plus point of this hotel.

The bed was two singles made up as a queen, and the single mattresses were not the same - so there was a "ridge" running down the middle of the bed.

A number of items from the room came and went during my stay, which was really odd. First, there was an extra radiator in my room on arrival - the next day it was gone. Second, there was an ironing board and iron in the closet on my first day - taken away halfway through the week. This was really inconvenient.

The entrance to the stables rooms (306 and 307) is via a VERY small antechamber - not big enough for a person plus a suitcase. The lack of space was compounded by the presence of a large potted fig tree (another item that mysteriously went walkabout during my stay). The noise from guests coming and going from the adjacent room (just the door closing) was really loud and woke me up several nights. Also, the external access door did not close properly, which I think is a real security problem - anyone can walk off the street.

However, the location is fine, and the parking arrangements were also fine (for a small car - I wouldn't want to be parking an SUV in their carpark).

Room Tip: Not the stables if you value security and a not being woken up.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Kenilworth hotels

nottinghamshire
Reviewed June 14, 2013

There are many plus points here. Spacious comfortable room. Extremely friendly, helpful, courteous staff. Competitively priced. The downsides are mostly a product of the site which is near the town centre and completely surrounded by other properties. This results in a car park which tests manoeuvering skills, the smallest reception desk I have ever seen and a rather cramped and narrow staircase. The only 'in-house' problem is a lack of attention to detail on the maintenance side with odd missing/loose bits on bathroom equipment. Overall a place i am happy to return to.

Room Tip: Executive and superior rooms (I think thoise are the names) are significantly better than standard r...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Kenilworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 10, 2013

This was our second visit and we couldn't have chosen a better place to stay, so relaxing and clean. The staff were very friendly and keen to help. We stayed in a superior room and for the price we paid it was a real bargain. Every thing was spotless clean and tidy. Big comfortable King size bed.
We ate at the coconut lagoon restaurant which was a south Indian restaurant which was also a brilliant dining experience. The breakfast in the morning was freshly cooked and was great also. I would definitely recommend this hotel to every one

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I stayed at the Best Western peacock hotel for 2 nights as I was attending a business conference in coventry.
On my arrival the reception staff we friendly and efficient. My room was pleasant and was very clean and quiet.
Breakfast was wonderful, with a wide range of food and drink choices (hot and cold). I felt it was a very relaxed environment to start the day in and the staff were attentive and friendly on both days of my stay.
The hotel is ideally located just 7 minutes from the wonderful Kenilworth Castle and 15 minutes from the beautiful town of Royal Lemmington Spa.
Despite this being a business trip the environment created at the Peacock Hotel was very relaxing and I left feeling refreshed. I hope to return soon for a non-business related stay to experience more of what this wonderful hotel has to offer and explore the local area more

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Stayed in the hotel for 2 nights as I was attending a local exhibition. My room was somewhere in the attic having climbed up two floors. The room rate was £81.00/night which did not reflect value for money seeing as the room was compact and the wooden trusses in the roof were too low and I kept hitting my head against them during my stay. The bed was very comfortable, however, I had difficulty closing the blind in the roof window and the incoming light resulted in me waking up 5.00am on both days.Just what I didn't need! The cooked breakfast was farcical, probably the worst in 40 years of staying in 2*+ hotels. The portions were pathetically small and the quality was sub-standard, so much so, that I didn't bother with breakfast on the second morning. Its location is good; lots of restaurants within walking distance.

Room Tip: The main road is located at the front of the hotel
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business