“Very good well located.”

The Peacock Townhouse Hotel
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Kenilworth
Castle Douglas, United Kingdom
“Very good well located.”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

My recent experiences of Best Western had left me a little wary but the BEST WESTERN Peacock Hotel was a pleasant surprise. The hotel is attached to a small Indian restaurant and is a 5-10 minute drive from Coventry. The room I had was well appointed with free wifi (Many bigger hotels could take note as I often have to pay up to £5 per night for not very good internet access) The breakfast was lovely and very accommodating. The staff were helpful, polite and offered to me with everything I should want or needed.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 18, 2013

overall review on trip advisor was good which is why I booked the hotel. On a business trip and wanted a peaceful evening to do my work. While wifi was a boon and very welcome the rest of the experience was very average. Gr8 that the bus from warwick university stops very close to hotel. The receptionist when I called of course very confidently suggested the wrong number. Luckily the bus driver put me right. No airconditioning, and decor is dated. Given a room on the ground floor that overlooks the cark park - I dare not open the windows. Apparently this happens to the most spacious single room. While OK for a business trip I dare not bring the family along. Haven't tried the shower as yet but can believe it to be a drip feed!WC squashed between walls, small shower enclosure. Better be slim to squeeze into it! The staff are a nice bunch. So some good and some not so good. All in all average!

Room Tip: Sorry, can't help with this one.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Solihull, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Stayed for a long weekend with my partner and had the most amazing time. The hotel was clean an comfortable. The room was spacioius and had everything you need. The breakfast was lovely and very accommodating. The staff were helpful, polite and helped us with everything we needed.

Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 15, 2013

What a fantastic place to stay!!! We had an overnight stay in this hotel on 13th April to enable us to have an early start visiting Warwick Castle on the 14th. On arrival, we were checked in by a really friendly member of staff and we were extremely happy with the room we were given. It wasn't a huge room but there was plenty of space to move arround freely and everything we needed for a trouble-free stay was to hand. The whole hotel was very clean and nicely furnished throughout and the full english breakfast was cooked to perfection. The hotel is located on the main road through Kenilworth so we were spoiled for choice will all the bars and restaraunts in walking distance. I would definately recommend this hotel and would have no hesitation is staying here again.

Paisley, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 11, 2013

had a one night stay here and that was enough for me. Not my cup of tea, nearly missed the hotel as entrance to hotel down an alley. Thought bad start, anyway on entering hotel, not much better inside, poor reception area. Room was upstairs in a warren of corridors. Interior of room was ok, everything you need but no sound proofing at all. Every movement outside room, you could hear. We were lucky with guests who stayed in hotel at same time as us, as all settled down at a reasonable time, around 11.00 pm. Shudder to think if we had had even one noisy neighbour. Breakfast had a few choices. I opted for scrambled egg on brown toast with bacon. Mistake as scrambled egg was very dry and brown bread was cheap and nasty. Bacon was not too bad.

Would not go back to this hotel as just not too my taste.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Kenilworth hotels

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

The hotel it's self is very much a three star property which is fine however there are elements in which the hotel underperforms.

My room for example smelt of damp and this damp was evident in the bathroom. Although shower was hot, water came out at a dribble. Some areas of the room and bathroom need a makeover. My room was also cold even with hearing ramped up.

Good points are - service is decent, wifi is free and fast, ample free parking and breakfast is good.

My colleague stayed in a room in the actual main building and wasn't too complimentary!

I think the hotel needs to sort out the issues in the room and give a bit of attention to the rooms.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Veejnas
Lancaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Well my wife and I stayed at the hotel in April 2013. The room although not huge was clean and comfortable. Great value for money but I had booked through late rooms .com so it was half the listed price. The shower was a little bit of a let down as the water pressure was very low. The breakfast was included and this was excellent as was the service from the staff. We ate one evening at the Coconut Lagoon I would highly recomend if your visiting Keniworth and looking for good food give this a try 10/10.

Room Tip: Free car park to rear of the hotel. Lots of stairs to many rooms so be sure to tell them you need a...