“Calm, serene surroundings”
Review of Stoneleigh Abbey

Stoneleigh Abbey
Reviewed September 2, 2012

We only paid to see the grounds but will definitely go back and see the house itself, A beautiful building with fabulous grounds backing onto the Avon. We had a lovely walk around the grounds and then had a cream tea in the Orangery, the staff were very lovely, the sun came out, it wasn't too busy so we almost felt we had the space to ourselves, a pretty perfect way to spend a late summer afternoon.

1  Thank commsgirl73

Reviewed August 28, 2012

I had no Idea what lay behind the walls/building that you see as you start this visit. I just loved the day. I went on the historical tour and it was fascinating. If I go up there again I will do the Jane Austin Tour. The building, the grounds, the staff were all pleasurable. If you like Pride and prejudice and remember Mr Darcy walking up in his wet shirt etc - this is the type of place it is! I have no idea why film companies are not using this location - it is quite baffling - it is a real find - a diamond hidden away.
I cannot recommend it enough for a day out. You can lunch in the orangery, eat on the victorian landscaped banks of the Avon -or walk around the grounds. A Jem!

1  Thank Kenteast
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Stoneleigh Abbey has the most beautiful grounds and setting, we attended a wedding here - highly recommend visiting the Abbey. The owners or people that live there are also very friendly and welcoming

Reviewed March 25, 2012

nice for a carboot on a sunday, lovely setting and then a walk around the grounds after

3  Thank Bob_Bones
Reviewed March 21, 2012

Lovely house and grounds. Worth doing the tour. Check times of opening and tour times