“Alright food, alright price”
Review of Zaika lounge - CLOSED

Zaika lounge
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 27, 2014

We ordered a big takeaway from here a few months back and the staff were very friendly when we picked it up. They even put it into a box for us!

The food was nice. It wasn't exceptional but it was quite nice. All in all I think everyone enjoyed the food. We're going to try a few of the other Indians but so far this is the best we've tried.

Reviewed July 25, 2014

It must be hard for some Indian restaurants to survive when there are so many of them, Kenilworth must have at least 5-6 with another 20 in Coventry and Leamington Spa nearby.

My wife and I have our favourites and together with a friend decided to choose something new for a change as we new our regular haunts would be packed and noisy.

For a Friday night the restaurant had a smallish crowd but we could choose any one of several empty tables.

What actually makes one Indian restaurant better than another is easy, its all down to taste combined with happy pleasant staff.

I was quite clear that the chef on duty new his stuff, all of our dishes tasted good, presentation was acceptable although for me portions were a touch on the small size.

The staff were attentive but not overpowering and service was fast because the place was not that busy, in fact half way through the meal the manager/owner vanished and left his staff to get on with things.

My biggest complaint about Indian restaurants is why oh why do they all persist in offering us the same old stupid frozen desserts from the same old supplier??? No I don't want a coconut shell with ice cream in it, no I don't want a frozen bit of toffee cake - I would like to have some authentic India desserts to choose from.

I sort of liked this place because it was not too noisy, service was good, quite friendly staff and fresh tasty dishes - but would I rush back, I'm not sure. The cost for the 3 of us (no desserts) came to £86 including 5 drinks. I guess eating out at a half decent Indian restaurant still represents good value when compared to the now very hip gastro pubs and such places.

So to go back to my headline I am concerned that with so many places to choose from, some naturally goods restaurants serving good food will disappear and many will sink or swim. If it were down to taste alone then this place stands a good chance of survival

1  Thank spencerstephen27
Reviewed July 13, 2014

I visited Zaika on a busy Friday evening with friends.
We were greeted at the door in a very friendly manner. We were shown to our reserved table which seemed larger than the normal table for four and comfortable seating. The menu was good and we were assisted in our choice by a knowledgeable and extremely friendly manager. The menu contained several dishes unique to Zaika and those chosen by our party were worthy of their place on any top restaurants menu.
The food was superb and expertly cooked you could taste the fresh ingredients in every dish. The ambiance of the restaurant was good and the host himself was a chef in his own right, an extremely knowledgeable man, very pleasant and helpful. All of the staff were well trained and pleasant in an un imposing way.
In every way the Zaika would be well placed in any capital city. I will definitely return and will be recommending it to friends.

4  Thank Phil R
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Great indian food in pleasant surroundings. I was impressed with the menu which had some interesting dishes . The food was all great, we had a Duck curry and a Chicken Masala that had good spice and excellent flavour. Service was attentive and the only disappointment was that the scallops were not available. I would definitely return as I think this is on par with the nearby Indian Edge

1  Thank Martin H
alger u, Owner at Zaika lounge, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2014

Firstly I would like to say Thank you for dinning at the Zaika Lounge. Thank you for your kind words that you have put online on TripAdvisor. It makes us happy and proud that you have enjoyed your meal at our Restaurant. It was a humble honour serving you what we pride ourselves with. We Welcome you again at our Restaurant in the Near future. We look forward to seeing you again. Thank you

Reviewed April 29, 2014

This quiet, starched tableclothed Bengali restaurant was delightful. The staff couldn't possibly have been more friendly and attentive...and the food was beautifully spiced and seasoned. Not too heavy...not too much...nor too little...and all at a reasonable price. Yes, I'd go again.