“Did not disappoint, excellent curry!”
Review of Zaika lounge - CLOSED

Zaika lounge
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Did not disappoint, excellent curry!”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

We chose to eat at this curryhouse on a business trip based on previous tripadvisor reviews. We had travelled from Bristol so have no experience of other curryhouses in Kenilworth so cannot compare it. However, the food was fresh, very tasty with a great depth of flavour. I had the Butter Murgh (not one for the dieters!) which was absolutely outstanding, one of the best curries I've ever tasted, 2 others in our party had different dishes and also said it was the best curry they've had. The service was great, the only possible negative I can come up with was that the premises are a little dated, but that really doesn't matter when the food is so good! I didn't pay much attention to the price but I think it was around £7-£12 per curry, totally worth it though.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Helen W

stratford upon avon
“The best local curry”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

We were recommended this restaurant by friends who live in Kenilworth and it was a good choice.
The food was freshly cooked, staff extremely friendly and not overly expensive.
You won't be disappointed.
There is a upper outside terrace which will be great in summer.

• Visited November 2012
Maidstone
“Good food, good service but a bit pricey.”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Good choice of dishes aside from the standard curry house favourites. Food was great quality but could've done with a bit more meat in my main course. Service was very good and the place was neat and tidy. £60 for two people though seems a bit steep considering we didn't have a starter and only a couple of drinks.

Kenilworth, England, United Kingdom
“We visited this Indian restaurant last night!”
Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

We visited this Indian restaurant last night, it's a delightful place with a cosy feel. We had a good wholesome Indian meal, keema curry, rice and paratha. It's all good, not sure it's great but good nevertheless. The service was attentive, friendly and genuine. I suppose the downside for me is the carpet that needs a damn good clean or replacing...you know, this would stop me bringing friends and or recommending this restaurant. It's a shame. And you have so many places to choose from in Kenilworth that you have to be good, and have a sense that the establishment is being looked after. Lets hope they pick up on this soon.

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“head and shoulders above the rest.”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Whilst visiting Kenilworth we have tried a few of the local curry houses. BY FAR this one is the best.
We had a fabulous meal, both choosing from the speciality section. One was a duck curry and mine a chicken dish. Both were lovely, flavoursome and fresh ingredients. The base sauce was of a high quality. The duck curry which was a new taste to us was extremely good. The dishes had no greasy residue and not over salty. I like to make curry myself and can be very fussy and picky when in restaurants. I could not fault this meal.
We spoke with the proprietor and he was very passionate about the quality of his food and the ingredients he uses. Some of the specialities are of his creation. I am looking forward to trying this restaurant again when we visit Kenilworth.
Both my husband and I think this is a quality restaurant and it is head and shoulders better than all the other similar competition in the area.

Visited November 2012