All reviewsexcellent beercouple who runconvivial atmospheregood selection of alesenglish hotellovely friendly hotelfull englishabbey ruinsa small car parkbiscuitsreal alebreakfast was deliciousbottled waterbed and breakfastrooms are comfortablepower showerhome from home
Reviewed September 5, 2012

We were booked in here by Loch Fyne next door who didn't have any rooms left. We stayed on a Monday night and asked for a downstairs room as my husband has difficulty with stairs. The room was extremely clean, nicely furnished, slightly on the small side but definitely adequate for one night stay. Nice toiletries and plenty tea, coffee, milk etc and biscuits. The bottled water was a welcome touch. Unfortunately we didn't sample the bar as we were having a meal next door with family. Breakfast was on the early side (up to 8.30am) but was beautifully served, plenty choice, although we would prefer a pot of coffee and cups rather than mugs. Very pleasant staff. We did feel that £95 was a bit on the high side for the size of room and for this reason alone will not be returning.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Our second visit here and it did not disappoint, spacious, comfortable rooms with masses of piping hot water. Great breakfast served in the bar which is full of character - a special Jubilee breakfast was offered of smoked salmon and scrambled egg which was delicious. Parking is behind the building and takes a bit of finding but was easier this time than in the dark in December! A very warm welcome by the staff and we are back again next month to celebrate our daughter's graduation from Warwick University.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank suearmitage2668
Reviewed May 26, 2012

I stayed at the Old Bakery for several nights during a business trip in the UK. I was afraid that the whole Kenilworth would be a nightmare for a stranger. I was wrong!

A few key points: Rooms are on the top floor and pub on the ground floor. My room was clean, quiet and decent, but this b&b is more than its rooms. The breakfast is excellent. The atmosphere is homey, simple, unpretentious and friendly. The owner and his wife are genuinely polite, discrete and helpful. The will do the extra effort to please you.

Extra points:
1. I arrived late after work in the weekly 'fish and chips' evening. Although the kitchen was closed, the owner reopened it just to serve me.
2. In a small b&b with no formal room service I asked for my shirt to be ironed and it was ready the next morning. This is what hospitality and professionalism is about.

Bottom line: If you go to Kenilworth, stay at the Old Bakery. You get 5-star service + personal touch!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Stefanos K
Reviewed March 28, 2012

This was a last minute booking and I wil be back. The room was a little on the small size, but they do have bigger , and the rest of the hotel more than makes up for it. Downstairs is a proper pub, not a Larger and crap Cidre or fake Irish chemical Cider....Proper hand pulled beer, real Cider , and on a Tuesday night properly full.

The room was well decorated, shower was excellant , and TV /radio all worked well. There was also free WiFi which works in the bar , so unfortunately my email comprehension soon declined. Kenilworth town centre is a 10 min walk through the park , and you will find a excellant Indian and Italiain not far away.

Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed February 23, 2012

I have stayed here many times over the years and will continue to do so.

The Old Bakery is a quiet little b&b just outside of main town Kenilworth. About a 15 min walk.
I have always found the rooms to be comfortable, clean and well "equipped" with all the usual things, soaps, shower caps etc...

Free internet and a great breakfast is a bonus!

The staff are all very friendly and helpful and cannot be faulted. There is a little pub attached to the b&b, but don't let this put you off. It is the smallest pub I have been to and by the looks it is mainly 40+ people having a quiet chat. There is no music, so you won't be kept awake. To top it off they serve a variety of real ales.

All in all I would recommend this b&b to anyone wanting to stay in the area. Book without worries

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business