“Lovely B & B”

Ranked #4 of 11 Kenilworth B&B and Inns
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Lovely B & B”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

We stayed at Ferndale as we were going to a family function in Earlsdon and this was approx a 15 min drive away.
When we first arrived, I was slightly concerned about the road Ferndale House is situated on as it seemed fairly busy. However, I needn't of worried as we didn't hear any traffic noise what-so-ever. In fact, we heard nothing at all.
The room ( #2) was clean and comfortable. The bed was very comfortable and good quality bedding had been provided. The bathroom was spotlessly clean throughout. There were plenty of mirrors and storage space as well as a tv. The only slightly negative for me was that I felt the room could have done with a make over as it seemed slightly outdated. But then again, maybe I've watched too many episodes of Four In A Bed and am being too critical.
The breakfast was freshly cooked to order and plentiful. All in all, it was very good value for money and the landlady (?Liz) was very welcoming and helpful.
We took a walk from the B & B into the centre of Kenilworth and a kindly neighbour suggested a route for us that gave good views of the area, then along the High St and back to the B & B. It's only a 5 min walk or so to the High St so no need to take the car.
We would definitely book again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the house maybe.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Deborah P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

We chose Ferndale House because it was a convenient location, and we really enjoyed our stay. Although the house is on a fairly busy road, it is pretty quiet at night and we had an undisturbed sleep. Off-road parking alongside the house (for about 3 cars) is also handy.

We were warmly greeted on arrival, and the room was very nice, with a comfortable bed, good quality bedding and furniture, and plenty of storage space. The bathroom was nicely tiled and had a good shower, and somewhat of a rarety in the UK good lighting for shaving/makeup.

The Full English breakfast set us up nicely the following morning, and this included fresh fruit and local produce. Ferndale is 5 minutes walk to the main street with shops and eateries, and also within walking distance of Kenilworth Castle. We definitely recommend it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Essex
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

Booked this B & B for myself and my son, through Expedia, whilst looking for somewhere to stay at reasonable cost close to Stoneleigh Park to enable us visit the British Shooting and countryman Show last weekend. Cost us £60 for twin room with breakfast. We had the top room in the roof which was rather compact with an ensuite with the smallest bath I have ever used. The bathroom was 6' x 5' so you can imagine the bath with a toilet and sink in there too. That was the negatives.
The positives were:- warm pleasant house, comfortable beds with crisp linen, plenty of hot water and towels. Tea making facilites in room, free wifi, complimentary mineral water. Best of all, a nice freshly cooked full english breakfast with choices. Nearest pubs and restaurants are a 5 minute walk away and as there are no evening meals available, we went to an Indian called Seetar Tandori. We picked up a card by the front door of Ferndale House advertising 40% off the whole bill if paying cash and showing the card. Which we did. (see my review) Just a word about the Shooting Show, we left home at 7am and arrived at the back of the queue at 9am. We were 500 yds from the entrance where vehicles from 3 directions are trying to sqeeze into. No marshals located outside directing traffic so a " free for all" ensued. Took us 45 minutes to get in and park. Not a good start for the new venue! Heard on twitter that lots of cars who arrived 2 hours later than us, gave up and went home because the situation had become worse. Come on organisers, get your act together!

Room Tip: Avoid room 5 if claustrophobic
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Reading, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

My son and his partner have recently moved to Kenilworth and are soon to make us proud grandparents - however much I am looking forward to this event when we go and stay I would like some space awaay from them and the baby. So my task was to find a place to stay where I could take my little mini schnuazer and when my husband could not join me I would feel comfortable on my own.

What a lovely suprise to find this homely B&B - room was lovely and the dog and both of us were well catered for. A bowl of water and towel was already in pla e when we booked in to our room and small conveniences were provided for. The room was spacious and very clean and although the abathroom was not huge the shower worked well and the towels were big enough.

Breakfast was well cooked and plentiful - we had the full English and the choices were varied. Orange juice, cereals, teas, coffees, toast, jams - all laid out and in much supply.

Parking was a bonus and the location for us was ideal.

Definitley the place for me to stay in Kenilworth and we will recomend to friends and family who may want to visit but that may want some space for themselves.

Room Tip: We had room 5 and would ask for it again
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Newkneebb
Pontefract, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

This is the best B&B I have stayed in. Ever.
A long stay is a true test and everything was excellent whilst i worked away from home.
From room accommodation that was spotless and comfortable, to a great breakfast. Good value too.
In particular the hosts (Liz and Derek) were really kind and friendly, going above and beyond the call of duty.

I would have no hesitation in recommending this B&B and if in that area again I would hope there was a vacancy.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank 86bbr
Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

Pleasantly surprised at this bed and breakfast, very nice welcome on my arrival, taken to my room which was very cosy with all you would need in your room, very clean and fresh, en-suite small but done the job :-) the breakfast room was well laid out with everything you could want, I had the cooked english breakfast and it was as good as I've had anywhere, so if your looking a good bed and breakfast with a price to suit your pocket you don't need to look any further than the Ferndale House! Alan

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank seirceil
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012

Stayed 2 Nights at Ferndale House. Nice room (good quality equipment and extras ). Breakfast was very good with a good variety of options. Would certainly recommend it as a place to stay in Kenilworth.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kenilworth
Holiday Inn Kenilworth - Warwick
Woodside Hotel
Woodside Hotel
#2 of 7 in Kenilworth
Premier Inn Coventry South (A45) Hotel

Been to Ferndale House? Share your experiences!