“Clean hotel, a bit worn in places”

Ramada Warwick Kenilworth
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Kenilworth
Reviewed July 11, 2014

I stayed for one night, the location was good for where I needed to go. The room was clean as was the bed. The fixtures and fittings were a little tired or worn.
Breakfast the following morning was good. Both continental and cooked were available. The dining area was clean and well presented.

• Stayed: July 2014
Jas_Singh_GM, General Manager at Ramada Warwick Kenilworth, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write the review. Please accept our apologies, I believe you stayed in on of our old rooms. We have nearly completed our refurbishment and if you would have stayed in our newly appointed rooms then your feedback would have been totally different.

On a positive note, we are glad that you liked the breakfast in the morning and have shared your feedback with the restaurant staff.

In case of any further assistance, please do let us know.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

We stayed here overnight whilst visiting our daughter at the University of Warwick. Check in was functional, certainly no frills or welcoming comments. I requested a quiet room and was allocated one which overlooked the road! To make matters worse there was a concert in the field opposite, a fact the hotel had not thought to tell us. We were subjected to ear-bursting music until 02.30. At 00.30 I went to reception to complain and was told it would be finishing soon - wrong! We tried to buy a drink in the bar but could not charge it to the room as they only accepted cash. I have never encountered this in a Ramada hotel before (come to think of it, I have never encountered this in ANY hotel!)We therefore shut the window and asked for a fan, this burnt out after 15 mins. By this time sleep was never going to occur. Breakfast was, at best, bland. There was a small selection of tinned fruit, limited cooked breakfast and three different cereals. Needless to say, I do not recommend the hotel, there are many better establishments, in better locations than the Ramada.

Room Tip: Insist on a room at the back of the hotel if you do not want to be kept awake by road noise
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank mrsvoyager
Jas_Singh_GM, General Manager at Ramada Warwick Kenilworth, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

Thank you for the review, I am sorry that you did not have a great experience whilst staying with us.

But Unfortunately it was not quite as black & white as it appears in your comments, There was a concert going in the local area and not in the fields opposite our Hotel. We along with the other hotels here had limited or no control over it.

I can only apologise for the inconvenience you faced for the noise from the concert as we could have room moved you to backside of the hotel which would have been better. I shall be addressing this to my Front of House team.

With regards to the breakfast, I am afraid but we do offer a wide variety of breakfast options which are as follows-
*Hash Browns, Sausages, Grilled Bacon, Baked Beans, Grilled Tomatoes, Mushrooms, Eggs as per your linking. Fruit Juice (3 Types), Fresh Fruits (3 Types), Flavoured Yogurts, Cheese and Cold Meat Platters, A Variety of Cereals- Kellogg's Corn Flakes, Crunchy Nuts, Rice Krispies, Frosties, Oat Flakes Etc, A selection of Breakfast Rolls, Danish Pastry, Bread both White and Brown, Milk- Full Cream and Semi- Skimmed.
Our breakfast is one the USP's of this hotel and a lot of guests like it. Therefore I am not quite sure about the limited breakfast items as you mentioned.

With regards to the accepting Cash at the Bar- we did have a technical problem with our systems and that was communicated to yourself. Otherwise we do accept all major credit/ debit card in our restaurant and the bar.

I hope you find the above in accordance and hopefully you would treat this as an isolated experience. Our team always goes the extra mile to deliver the 100% satisfaction to our guests.

Bets regards,

Reviewed July 7, 2014

Lovely hotel,staff were very nice and the hotel spotless. Fantastic resterant, we had an Indian meal on Saturday night and was hoping to have the Italian on Sunday but unfortunately chief wasn't there night off so we had Indian again, can't complain the food was lovely. Full breakfast for 2-days and plenty of it.
Only complaint was the wardrobe was to tall for me to reach my clothes and the chair at the desk wasn't high enough for me to sit at and put my make up on lol (I am 5-1)
I would recommend this hotel and would go back again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you ever so much for such a lovely review. Looking forward to welcome you back.

In case of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Reviewed June 26, 2014

This was a lovely hotel. The Manager was kind and helpful and the staff in the restaurant were delightful. The evening meal was delicious and reasonably priced - as was the wine - and there was a choice of Indian or Italian dishes. Although the website suggested that a continental breakfast was included in fact we were offered a proper English breakfast - with proper fried tomatoes!

My only tiny grumble was that lighting in the bedroom was very gloomy with no top light. As it was mid-summer this didn't matter too much but I think it would have been a problem on dark nights when reading in bed would have been difficult. This minor defect was more than offset by the good bits!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Jas_Singh_GM, General Manager at Ramada Warwick Kenilworth, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you ever so much for such a cracking review, I shall be sharing the feedback with team who will certainly be very motivated by this review.

I thank you for appreciating my efforts as we all believe in service which is straight from the heart and we all deliver 'Genuine Hospitality' and always willing to go the extra mile.

There are some rooms which do not have a bed side reading lamps but most of our rooms do have reading LED lamps. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with a lovely breakfast.

Once again, thank you for such a lovely review and we look forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

We stayed at this hotel a few years ago when it was previously known by a different name over the years, but what a surprise when we visited this time. I had been totally re-branded under the Ramada name. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the hotel itself bright and cheerful but I must say that the restaurant was truly exceptional providing an Italian and an Indian menu but the Indian meals chosen by our party contained very generous portions of top quality Indian dining prepared most certainly by a first class Indian chef. Without exception I can honestly state our party would thoroughly recommend this hotel as being one of the best venues in and around the Kenilworth area.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you ever so much for such a lovely review. I shall be sharing your feedback with the team members and especially our Kitchen Team who you have summed up to a tee and we are so proud of them.

I glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the hotel rooms clean and comfortable. Once again, I thank you for recommending us to other potential guests.

Looking forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Jas_Singh_GM, General Manager at Ramada Warwick Kenilworth, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2014

Reviewed June 18, 2014

So I would usually describe how nice the hotel was however I never got to find out as when I arrived after pre-booking and paying for the room I was told that no rooms were available!

A gentleman (who had obviously had a bad day dealing with other people who were in my situation) greeted me with a sigh and explained that the good news was I had a room for the night however the bad news was it was in Coventry at their sister hotel. Turns out that bookings.com had allowed people to book rooms when actually there weren't any available (I know for a fact that's not how it works and its up to the hotel to tell bookings.com how many rooms they have left). After explaining to them that this wasn't good enough as they had taken my money for a room that wasn't available their useless manager tried to calm me down by asking for my email address and informing me that there would be some compensation. Needless to say its been a week and nothing has come through.

After arriving at this sister hotel found that it was well below the standard of the Ramada and had no parking. Overall not good!

Safe to say that I wont be staying with Ramada again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank chas226

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your stay experiences at the TripAdvisor. I apologize that your recent stay experience was not satisfactory due to quality of Guest service.

Also, we did have a situation wherein we were overcommitted on the rooms, I would like to further investigate the matter and request you to provide me with your details.

Once again, please accept my apology. I do hope you will allow us the opportunity to provide you with a different guest experience when your travel to Warwick next. Please do let us know when you are travelling next so I can make the necessary arrangements.

J. Singh

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kenilworth
Chesford Grange - A QHotel
Loch Fyne Hotel Kenilworth
Loch Fyne Hotel Kenilworth
#4 of 7 in Kenilworth
Holiday Inn Leamington Spa-Warwick

Been to Ramada Warwick Kenilworth? Share your experiences!