“Great service, delightful staff”

Ramada Warwick Kenilworth
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Kenilworth
Crowborough, United Kingdom
“Great service, delightful staff”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Under refurbishment when we arrived, the staff did everything that they could to ensure our stay was as good as it could be. Nothing was too much trouble and any problems were sorted immediately.
I am recovering from a hip replacement and the refurbishment of an accessible room was accelerated to meet my needs, and the one double bed replaced by a double and a single bed, with a willing smile.
The food was great value for money and the choice was good. Again, nothing was too much trouble and special requests were met without hesitation.
We are a group of 'mature' ladies and found that the mattresses were on the hard side but understand that all mattresses will be replaced as part of the refurbishment.
There was a problem with the water in all our rooms. It was either cold to very hot and the management explained that the hotel was functioning on one boiler during the refurbishment.
Great to have free wifi too.
Despite the issues described, which were resolved or explained with good grace, we enjoyed ourselves so much that the group has booked for next year and are looking forward to it!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank mummagee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Reviewed April 3, 2012

Stayed at this hotel last night mid 100 mile charity walk and first impressions were that it looked clean, modern and welcoming. First sign of trouble came in the form of a sign at the reception desk saying 'Due to refurbishment you may need to run tap for 10 minutes to get hot water'. We were then given our door card and directed to wrong corridor for our room number (room 114). When we eventually found our room the door card didn't work and we had to go back to reception to get a new one. Upon entering the room we were hit with an odour which resembled my hamsters cage, although everything appeared clean (except the bath!). There was also an apparent lack of toilet roll. To add to this the extractor fan (which comes on automatically with the light) was extremely noisy, and when I tried to take a shower it took more like 30 mins to get hot water. When we tried to settle down the curtains didn't fit the window properly and the pillows were wafer thin. Upon deciding to order room service we discovered the phone didn't work, and walked to reception to try and place our order. We were then told that the only room service available after 9.30pm was curry (not much good when you're walking 20 miles next day!) to which I replied they should change the leaflet which states 24h room service above a menu largely consisting of English food). We were offered a free coke and eventually ordered take away. When I returned to reception later to buy a sewing kit they had none and hadnt had any for 2 weeks apparently. Also no explanation as to why the 'free wifi for all guest rooms' didn't extend to ours, signal was also non-existent. Last notable dissapoint was the next morning upon checking out when we asked to buy some bottled water from the bar to find they didn't sell any. If this hadn't been a cheap deal for us then I would have demanded my money back...

• Stayed April 2012

Travelers are raving about these Kenilworth hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 31, 2012

Having read some of the previous reviews We were pleasantly surprised . The room was large clean and comfortable we were provided with a roll out bed for our 2 year old free of charge.Our bed was kingsize and very comfortable. she also ate breakfast free of charge . The prices for food and drink were reasonable for a hotel.The food in the restaurant was good , with a choice of italian or indian.We found the staff to be extremly helpful and pleasant. so overall a good stay and excellent value for money.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank mrandmrsflatus
london
Reviewed March 31, 2012

I stayed here for two nights attending a conference. I was admittedly worried having read the reviews, but to be perfectly honest I can't understand some of them having actually stayed there. The hotel itself is very modern, clean, and the desk staff were very pleasant. Newly Refurbish room was great, the bed was nice, really large & I had great sleep both nights.

We ate in the restaurant the first night, and to be honest with you I didn't have any problems. The service may have been slightly better, from the point of view of remembering who ordered what, but time wise it was fine. The food was very nicely presented, and very tasty. Each course was good. Breakfast was buffet style so its what you make it, don't just sit there waiting to be served. Although I was offered tea/coffee and toast as soon as I say down so that was good.

In all I had a positive experience; the bed, TV, decor, shower and food were good enough to keep me happy (and I'm pretty fussy). I'd definitely stay again if I had reason to be in the area.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Surrey, England
Reviewed March 31, 2012 via mobile

I have stated twice at this hotel on business, the first time I was put in single room after being moved from a room where you had to sit on the end of he bed to work on the desk. My second stay was was a lot better and was in a refurbed room. There is free wi if which is useful if you need it. I haven't tried the evening meal but breakfast is ok if you like totally self service, on both occasions I have only seen it attended by staff for about 10 mins. Overall ok for business not sure I'd take my wife..

Stayed March 2012
Solihull, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Afetr an unfortunate stay at this hotel in December I returned to find that the rooms have been refurbished to a fine spec and that the hotel when fully completed should be a very pleasant place to stay for both business and pleasure purposes. The restaurant offering a choice of either Italian or Indian menus was excellent with very reasonable prices. I fully recommend the garlic funghi and sea bass off the Italian menu. Superb. The only downside was that I could not get a Port at the bar later in the evening but nothing too serious to worry about. The receptionist Liga was an ambassador for the hotel. Very efficient and particularly pleasant.Well done a great improvement on my last visit and I would have no hesitation in recommending the hotel. A very good sized function room as well. Lord BASNETT

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank LORDBASNETT
Key West, Florida
Reviewed March 23, 2012

please ignore all the b ad reviews about this hotel as i didnt find anything wrong.
food and service gr8 and newly refurbished roooms are excellent.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank vwangnoo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kenilworth
Chesford Grange - A QHotel
#4 of 16 in Leamington Spa
Honiley Court Hotel
Honiley Court Hotel
#11 of 12 in Warwick

Been to Ramada Warwick Kenilworth? Share your experiences!