“Fantastic Food!”
Review of Baba Yaga

Baba Yaga
Ranked #138 of 1,347 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Fantastic food and great service.

When you walk in, the first thing you notice is the decor. With stools hanging from the ceiling, and a unicycle across the wooden beams, it's an intriguing place, with plenty to draw your attention.

The service was friendly, and we'll organised, even though we were a table of 13. All food and refreshments were very reasonably priced, with 3 courses for £15 on the menu.

I had the surely soup to start which was beautiful, and tried some of my wife's Hunter's stew, which was delicious.
The goulash pork main with dumplings was good, but I was slightly envious of my wifes pork shoulder, which looked amazing!
Crepes for desert were lovely too!

If I hadn't been driving, I'd have enjoyed some of the many Polish vodkas on offer!

Na zdrowie!

Reviewed May 10, 2018

Delicious food. Ordered the potato pancakes with meat Goulash which were very tasty. Very impressed with the eccentric decor. The staff were very nice. Would highly recommend considering it's outside the city centre. Definitely worth the trek!

Reviewed March 30, 2018

I joined a Couchsurfing dinner at Baba Yaga. Half of the group was Polish and some of the comments I heard was that "this is how it is traditionally made". This spoke volumes to me and to be honest - not being very familiar with Polish food - it tasted volumes too. I had a really rich soup and tasty dessert accompanied with Polish beer. Heart warming food.

Reviewed March 29, 2018 via mobile

Amazing food! Good price. Lovly service. Atmosphere so warm and quiet. Definitley come back again! X

Reviewed January 28, 2018 via mobile

what an amazing surprise in a totally unexpected place.
The venue has a great atmosphere with a friendly helpful owner. Amazing artwork and mist importantly amazing home cooked food.
The soup to start was tasty wholesome and plenty of it, chicken livers were full of flavour with the most fantastic chips. I couldn't squeeze in a pudding but our friends had apple pie which they said was delicious, and with 4 clean plates; after my friends helped me out as I was just so full nothing could say great forod more than that.
With 3 bottles of wine, vodka and beers £120 was the biggest and nicest surprise of the night. We will be back and soon.