“Food good, very overpriced”

Loch Fyne Fisheries
Ranked #547 of 1,326 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed my meal here but I've had better cheaper food. I had lobster spaghetti & the lobster was very sparse. The restaurant itself is lovely though and the staff very pleasant

3  Thank Tanya C

Reviewed June 9, 2014

I have been to Loch Fyne many times and really like the place and the staff but its really expensive for what you get. I keep on thinking that one day I will have a great meal but no luck so far...
The menu is full of the usual exaggerations describing exotic food and leading one to expect some fantastic meal but in reality its very ordinary. Promises, Promises!
Its really a seafood restaurant and there is no point in dining there if you do like sea food .
There are lots of voucher offers on the go now and at 25% off the prices are nearly affordable.
Its worth a visit but get a voucher and don't expect too much!

3  Thank Moonlighter88
Reviewed May 29, 2014

The restaurant was NOT full but we were turned away very brusquely. The front of house manager was dismissive and obviously not interested in us as customers. I shall not return.

5  Thank grannywalescc
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Ver friendly staff and great food. A good selection of dishes, it is not just seafood that they do either, I had a burger on my most recent visit and it was excellent. Reasonably priced too.

1  Thank steviemac14
Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

I went here for my birthday because I love seafood. Although the menu has a good choice of seafood dishes the food was nice but wasn't great. For two of us the bill came to £80 which I though was overpriced considering the night before we went to a michelin-started restaurant which cost £70. I had muscles to start and it was a very small portion. It was nice but I probably wouldn't go back based on the cost.

3  Thank Rachel T